Nasus cool?

Yeah, but hes weak. 78 45.35%
Yeah and I Pwn face w/ him! 78 45.35%
No he blows. 16 9.30%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

[Strategy Discussion] Nassus, Bringer of Less Death than Most

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkening

10-02-2009

I'm just saying I don't know where he fits in into the LoL formula. I guess I would put him under Stun/Support, but I think there are better hero choices out there than him for this role.

AI Assimilator

10-02-2009

I will give you guys a nice tip. Nasus can farm a whole creep wave better at 5+/7+ naked than most farmers with items worth 2k could. None of the players I saw today used this advantage. Many of them didnt even get spirit fire till 15+ or at least weren't using it.

Kashi

10-02-2009

just played my first game with nasus.
i would say he is really awesome in mid-game(when his ulti is up).
Both teams were really good and the my ulti was ready...
I mean i walked into a group of 4 of them being stopped by amumu's ulti used my Spirit Fire then used my ulti and the other team was gone XD and that happend 2 times
(i think the amumu + nasus make a great team !!)
and the best thing he can slow down if someonen is about to escapes.

What i didn't like was him beeing so slow and i wasn't able to win in 1 vs.1 (may depent on the ashe rune build i used XD)

i don't think he is overpowered but his skills are an awesome combination(slow+armor reduction +his ulti(just 90 sec cooldown!?!?!?) + his passiv(didn't have the chance to test his first skill).

to sum it up: he isn't that good at 1vs1 and possibly won't tank but he can turn a whole battle upside down in a moment.

will have to test him some more(the item build i used wasn't that good) but he is the first melee hero on this game i like.

Senta

10-02-2009

i have a general rule, goes something like NEVER PLAY MELLEE CHARS!!
but i had alot of fun in my first trial game with nasus, used crit runes and at level 14 i had a 40% chance of critting 750! game finished here cos simply noone could stand up to me...

level the AoE early, no need for AP cos it demolishes creep waves effectivly enough with the base damage, pop ulti whenever you can and just run in syphon, slow, beat down xD

Item build was zerkers, that new +damage armour reduction and -cd (awesome), malady, infinity, after that possibly starks? idk its not perfect, just my first go

(finished 9/2/6)

AI Assimilator

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senta View Post
i have a general rule, goes something like NEVER PLAY MELLEE CHARS!!
but i had alot of fun in my first trial game with nasus, used crit runes and at level 14 i had a 40% chance of critting 750! game finished here cos simply noone could stand up to me...

level the AoE early, no need for AP cos it demolishes creep waves effectivly enough with the base damage, pop ulti whenever you can and just run in syphon, slow, beat down xD

Item build was zerkers, that new +damage armour reduction and -cd (awesome), malady, infinity, after that possibly starks? idk its not perfect, just my first go

(finished 9/2/6)
^^ exactly as I was stating. him naked can farm better than most casters with 100+ AP or carries with over 2k worth of items already. Just use his farming potential to get dps items and start doing 600-900 crits endgame.

I started earlier telling nasus allies about spirit fire and for some reason they refuse to get spirit fire first. No wonder so many players think his UP.

Irony

10-02-2009

How i play Nasus:

Meki pendant (The mana regen thing) as first item
Yes, he seems to be more of a DPS melee char, but maxing out his AoE spell first makes farming/harassing/pushing crazy easy.

Kathra

10-02-2009

In the early game it seems you've really got to be focusing on getting those last siphoning kills (more than other heros), which is tough if you're getting harassed or in a duo lane. He's not very good at escape, harassing or hero killing early on so with better players it can be a double disadvantage since you both are short on money and short on siphoning stacks.

Seems he has the potential to be very strong mid- to late-game, but in games with strong teammates and opponents you'll have difficulty realizing his potential. Still, I think he will be very effective as a pusher and counter-tank.

Aqualisk

10-02-2009

I have been playing him and I have found that he turns into a high end carry similar to Ash and Tristana. Couple sheen with infinity edge and you will see siphoning strike crits for 1k on other champions easy. It's even better if you can get a last whisper thrown in there. Sheen is *really* important in his build because it allows you to one shot creeps with siphoning to power it up faster.

For skills Siphoning Strike is your bread and butter and should be the first skill you max. One point in his slow and AoE make his life easier, but definitely focus on Siphoning.

And perhaps it's just because he's new, but people tend to run when you pop your ulti. (And for good reason!) His ulti is definitely a game changer and you can easily take out one or two other champions in a team battle before it wears off. Nasus is all about big outrageous Siphoning Strike hits and there's nothing like +dmg from his ulti to make that happen.

For mastery set up the standard 21/0/9 works very when you play this way. For runes I highly recommend crit %. Playing this way has landed me top assist/kills on nearly all the games I've played with him. Right out of the box he's a pretty amazing champion.

Zine

10-02-2009

I have played him a few times and tried a few different tactics.
Attempt 1 - Jungling
He is a competent jungler and I was able to do a jungle clear (including dragon) and hit level 6 around the 7 minute mark. I geared him like a warwick and went bloodrazors with him. The problem is that he isn't nearly as good a ganker as other junglers (Warwick, Malphite, Mummy, Fiddle). When we got end game I found that he didn't have the survivability to last in team fights. His ultimate makes him a big target and I would get focused first in most fights and die.

Attempt 2 - Tank build
For this build I did a half jungle clear (so I wouldn't need to worry about early mana regen) and then went warmogs, guardian angel, etc.. This build worked a little better since I could survive team fights. But since his natural HP & Armor growth is low it felt unnatural.

Attempt 3 - Cool down reduction
This time I think I hit the mark. I went with mana manipulator -> soul shroud and then started building a nashors tooth. Spam spirit fire to cow your opponents at their tower. With a little ranged DPS help you can take down an early tower very easily. And with the cooldown reduction, you can pop your ult at the slightest whim.

I also see potential for a crit/damage build since his Q skill can crit.

DiZasteR

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkening View Post
Before anyone says anything the extra "s" in the title was a typo.
Theres an extra s in the title