Is Warwick OP or not?

He is OP on a legendary status. 10 5.56%
He is OP in a multi kill status. 17 9.44%
He is balanced 110 61.11%
He is underpowered 27 15.00%
He is so underpowered he must be buffed in the next patch 7 3.89%
Abstain from the vote. 9 5.00%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

So Warwick OP or Not? Read before you vote.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Digital Angel

07-01-2010

Jungling is annoying as hell in solo since everyone is too cheap to buy wards or look out for him. He is overpowered in that respect only. He is quite weak otherwise. He's a great PUB stomper and I usually lose because my teammates are to cheap to buy a ward on the river and let the solo laner push so we can gank him. Allies that push the soloer into their tower annoy me to no end because it allows WW easy mode skilless ganks with his red buff...He's not OP though, PUGs are just too lazy/ignorant/dumb to counter him correctly.

MrWish

07-01-2010

Hes a little Up and with the new ulti fix , he will be a perfectly balanced champion

Zarifes

07-01-2010

Cleanse > WW.

For that, it means he is UP since every match has (or should) be packing cleanse...

Varcster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro102 View Post
What are you doing calling him squishy? He has average health.

I just think there needs to be a cap on life steal. Combined with his AS increasing ability it allows him to solo 3 people late game. He shouldn't be gaining more health then the damage he is dishing out.

And it's not hard to remember who has cleanse, and thus ignore them.
Have you ever played warwick? He gets a very small amount of lifesteal from his passive and unless you stack lifesteal items it will mostly be his Q ability that he returns health with.

ZeeRow

07-01-2010

I think Warwick is quite balanced, actually I found his ultimate quite weak, not to mention it can be easily clensed.

Nykidemus

07-01-2010

The only real complaint I have is that Blood Scent gives away your position. He's really a ganker, and having an ability that limits your ability to gank to people who are above half is pretty crummy.

Blood Scent could totally reveal stealthers too, but that's just me being greedy.

Elmareth

07-03-2010

This thread makes me wonder if any of you who say he is balanced have ever tried to play him....

Warwick pros are that he uses the 4th lane and can give your team a great advantage so can fiddlesticks Olaf and several other heroes. I usually can kill dragon about 5 min into the game with WW which is a great for your team early on.

He has a global haste buff for 40% ias (increased attack speed) this is a great team buff that can really help a team fight or help drop a tower fast.

his passive is really quite good and is the only reason he can jungle.

Warwick sounds pretty good right i mean jungle early build up lvs ready to gank some noobs?
LOL u better know what u are doing Warwick is far from easy to play. people say he is good 1v1 LOL...U must mean 2v1 like you and your teammate vs one opponent. he has the MOST FAIL ulti in the entire game. It is bad enough that it can be cleansed exhausted ect but **** even when u do get it off it is like where is the awesome damage that it is supposed to do ? oh wait it is 1/3 of your attack damage +60 so 1/3 of lets say 150 = 50 + 60 =110 for 5 hits well hmmmm maybe it would just be better for me to go in and auto-attack them 5 times with my global buff for 150 damage I mean wait let me ulti so I can nerf my damage I mean I can't even drop "squishy" with an ulti at less than 1/4 hp (late game) that is pretty bad as far as melee carys go on ultis. Wait i forgot he is supposed to be a ganker so he should not even need someone to be below 50% health to kill him but as it stands u will be lucky to kill even a squishy at 25% without help.

survivability what is that ? wow I have great life steal and I get one shot by any decent carry well a lot of good that life steal did me huh.... playing Warwick and need to get out alive u may as well forget about that I mean... a better plan late game is to bate the other team into attacking you while the rest of your team waits in the bushes. Seriously Warwick meat is pretty tasty. In all seriousness I have a hard time winning a 5v5 as Warwick unless I feed the other team like 20 kills I was a 2 to 1 win ratio playing Warwick with like 20 kills 140 deaths and 60 assists ( am telling you it must be delicious and poisonous).

scent for blood (aka scent that blows since everyone always lvs it last)? this ability would be awesome if Warwick could actually kill someone. I mean being able to chase someone down is great for melee but really I am already going to get the boots of swiftness which is going to make me faster than most people on the field coupled with exhaust/ghost you really are not gaining much here except the ability to see them if they are in range but then again if they are in range chances are they are in the jungle and it is not so easy to get in there and get a gank without getting owned by the rest of their team in return. maybe if scent for blood made you immune to cc and blind since you are using your nose for targeting anyhow it would be better. Alternatively if it allowed you to "jungle the jungle" by ignoring the walls for a short time so you could get in and out without getting counter ganked that would be a cool idea too. still would not solve the problem of not being able to kill someone though.

damage output ROFL i would be surprised if ash did less damage than Warwick does. Bloodrazor is on his build list for a reason it is because Warwick can't actually hurt people. his bark is worse than his bite literally. The team howl buff > than all the rest of Warwicks abilities combine trust me that is not saying a lot. you can actually back door towers with that buff going that is the only and I mean ONLY reason I win on teams with Warwick. I mean after I feed them like 20 kills they are like that silly Warwick he is a moron and they focus the rest of the team and I back door 2 towers and an inhibitor with him and then it is gg.

Juggling yea I mentioned it as a pro but I am listing it as a con as well. @ lvs less than 30 u can't really do it effectively without smite. You need the damage from the damage tree + the exp boost from the utility tree to keep up on lvs with the rest of your team. so u take smite.... well you just told everyone on the other team hey guys I am playing jungle Warwick you know I will be waiting @ golem so please come gank me and totally screw me and my team early on gg you have now become a below average laner because they are going to gank you right before you get golem killed and now not only have you died and given them first blood but you also gave them golem buff to start off with in a lane vs your teammates. you may as well surrender @ 25 min if the other team don't kill you before that.

On a separate note how do you say Warwick is completely useless ( his abilities suck because his ulti can be cleansed and has no survivability getaway power or anything that is truly useful) and then say he is balanced this is obviously some strange definition of the word balanced that I was not previously aware of. Why don't you just say look this dude sucks or if you are actually dyeing to him just admit you suck and don't due him the injustice of saying he is balanced that is complete ****. You play him 20 or 30 games and you will say he is anything but balanced. he is in desperate need of a rework. Yea I said it he does not need buffed it is way passed that he needs a complete overhaul. Don't get me wrong I think he is a cool character and a great concept but he is far from playable on anything other than a smurf account where the noobs there fear him because they don't know he is harmless.

HolyChalice

07-03-2010

Warwick is only OP when he is fed.. I suggest to have sight wards(cost 90 gold...) up to avoid ganking as thats how he pulls off his kills at the start of the game

EDIT: or you could gank him at the start of the game like I have many times.. so easy to kill

Pr0fessional

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2010

Give his ulti supression and he'll be pretty balanced, but with how merc treads and cleanse ruin it, it makes him very lackluster.

Aarku

07-03-2010

I say depends who is behind the keyboard.

Sometimes warwick is a hinderance on their team and just flat out sucks.
Other times he is the driving force behind ganks/kills.

I voted balanced because I find him counterable in most occasions but still useful.