Would you like to go back to the old announcer?

Yes, he owned. The new one is annoying. 36 83.72%
No, I die to minions and like the new one. 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

New Announcer

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tonybologna

10-01-2009

I just think the new announcer is absolute garbage! The old one was wayyyyyyy better. I like the new phrases, but the voice is so typical and annoying. I say we go back to the old voice announcer.

Kevoun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2009

I don't mind him too much. It sounds to me like the bass should be EQ'd down a little or maybe take off some of the reverb. It's very boomy and low sounding, kinda unnatural. Someone in a game said something along the lines of 'too guttural.'

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2009

new one sucks. theres no passion in the voice and it sounds like "hey look what we can do with mixing equipment! i sound funny! ha ha ha ha!" the choice of words is fine, but the voice is AWFUL. if it was the same words as now, but with the old announcer, i'd be fine.

Ed Ya

10-02-2009

The only problem I had with the previous announcer was that it repeated itself, there was no variation.
The new one sounds like he's got a bit of a throat problem. He's trying too hard.

Also, there's a specific thread for this already.

iceraven

10-02-2009

I don't mind the new announcer but I liked the old one better. And instead of "A champion has been slain!" can we have more phrases like "Owned" "Double Kill" "TRIPLE KILL!" and "So and so has scored an ace!"

OranGe

10-02-2009

Should have a menu for announcer 1 or announcer 2 :P

unregenerate

10-02-2009

make a different announcer for each map....?

Asymptote

Associate Engineer

10-02-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The new announcer sounds like a ******.

Killrazor

10-02-2009

new announcer voice sounds way too deep. i like what he says , just not how he sounds.

Dragonien

10-02-2009

New announcer was cool for the first few games, cause he reminded me of Gauntlet. but now, yea... hes kinda annoying. basically sounded like Riot tried a bit too hard to give it an "EPIC" sound too it. this isnt lord of the rings. ;P