[Feedback] Stealth needs to be readjusted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-01-2009

Stealth is already ridiculously underpowered, don't take away one of the few advantages they have in select rare situations.

Onebelow

10-01-2009

The issue seems to be that even stealth detection doesn't solve the problem. I've popped down a ward WHILE fighting Evelynn for the express purpose of catching her if she tried to stealth. Of course she just runs out of the range. Elixir helps this...maybe. But unless every single person on your team buys one every time they resurrect then it doesn't help when the teammate that's trying to intercept the stealther runs right by her because she moved out of your stealth range.

And it's not just being able to SEE stealth that would stop the problem, it's the stealth itself. I've caught many Evelynns while they were in stealth and hit them before they hit me. The result? Well unless I one shot her, she just keeps running towards me while technically "stealthed" and then opens with her stun which of course is only possible while stealthed. Honestly, if I'm attacking her, I should really be not stunned because I'm "caught off guard".

EDIT: This is actually gutter...my friend logged into his account once on my laptop and now every time I come to the site it logs me in as him no matter how many times I log out and log in myself.

Bianary

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyDanny View Post
Dude I was on eve and she had no fade time, what? Is this new? Lol.
She has fade time, it's just so low as to be easily mistaken for activation time and not really noticed.

@Aratrok: Stealth is currently ridiculously out of balance. Low level play it's too good, mid level it's too good or just right (Depending on your opponents, usually), high level it's too weak. It needs addressing, though simply weakening it is not what should happen.

Shillen

10-01-2009

It should be 10 seconds out of combat to stealth, not 2. And hitting someone with an ability should put them in combat. It seems like auto-attacks are the only thing that will prevent them from stealthing, and you need to auto-attack them every 2 seconds or they disappear right in front of you.

Nayuki

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
It should be 10 seconds out of combat to stealth, not 2. And hitting someone with an ability should put them in combat. It seems like auto-attacks are the only thing that will prevent them from stealthing, and you need to auto-attack them every 2 seconds or they disappear right in front of you.
Can I get a death by laughter? You seriously want to make stealth take twice, TWICE, the out of combat time that mobilities do? What kind of ridiculous **** is that?

Evelyn and Twitch are both ridiculously squishy - their only purpose to existence is that stealth "zomg, backstab/shot you, HUR HUR!" of epic rape. If a bad player does it it accounts for NOTHING because they will do it at stupid times/with bad setups. If a good player does it then it is just as effective as any other situational skill, no better or worse.

1.5-2.5 seconds without being hit is a long time. 1.5 is Eve's I think, I believe Twitch is the same although am not positive and think it may be slightly higher because I want to recall a stealth out there having a 2+ second fade time. I don't play either regularly because admittedly I play them poorly.

Now - here's a question. Name one other unit who can have an entire 25% of their abilities completely shot down by an item that doesn't even cost 500 gold. Anyone? ANYONE? Right, nothing except stealth suffers that disability - if Eve or Twitch are in a game you KNOW what is coming and you either have popped an Oracle once they start on a warpath or you suffer for your own lack of foresight.

As for attacks - incorrect. Even periodic damage (Teemo's poison passive) will cause a stealth count to reset. If they are taking ANY damage the stealth will not go into effect. It will also not go into effect while under the influence of a stun and I believe it will not go into effect while under the effect of a root (Morgana/Ryze) although I am not POSITIVE on that one. If it is activated and silenced it will remain activated but the timer will restart once silence is done, not drop them right into stealth.

Also they themselves cannot be attacking while the count is going down or it will reset itself - if they are attacking/casting they'll never go back into stealth.

Stealth isn't even remotely overpowered - in certain games it is a wonderful utility power but there are far better abilities to use when escaping (rocket hop, valkyrie, etc) that don't require any silly 'fade' periods.

Leave stealth alone.

yoshanity

10-01-2009

Let me just start by saying that stealth will always be weak when it comes to competitive games as it is so easily countered. It is only "OP" in pubs where people don't use what's given to them (HINT: Oracle's Elixir).

But pertaining to fade time, it seems to me that the window is much smaller than 1.5-2s. I was just on top of a Twitch with a Frozen Mallet hitting him as Katarina at LEAST every second, yet he still managed to fade.

At the end of the day, I don't care what happens but it would be nice to know what and what is not intended.

Daikaze

10-01-2009

Stealth is underpowered in this game. Corki, Vision Wards, or the Elixir will allow you to see stealthed enemies, and so it really isn't hard to avoid a gank, and then they can't get away either.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-01-2009

Fade time has a maximum of 5s delay (for Shadow Walk AND Ambush) when a player is being damaged.

If you're having trouble stopping someone from fading, some ideas:
Singed Poison.
Teemo Poison.
Another Twitch Poison.
Lizard Buff.
Tristana's targeted version of Exploding Shot.
The Ignite summoner spell.
Lich's Defile

Additionally, a lot of AoE skills still damage stealthed champions. If you know where one is, you can still hurt them.
Pulverize
Lich's Defile
Teemo's Mushrooms
Phosphorous Shot
Any/All Skillshots.

Keep these in mind and you may have a little less trouble.

Hiclic

10-01-2009

2.5 seconds of not being hit isn't that long a time, as it's only going to be nullified if you try and stealth by a melee who is faster than you and has a moderate attack speed. You can hit stealth, be autoattacked by a range, achieve stealth and just swallow the hit. I'd go with the mobility boots rule, as well as breaking stealth whenever you do damage to another person (while stealthed). Not sure if they fixed that, but sunfire+stealth stacking is hilarious, yet lame.

Woozl

10-01-2009

I have a nice, easy, 450g solution to your problem. Oracle's. If you think that "Oh, why should I have to buy that just to negate that one champion?" then you're thinking about it wrong. You should be thinking, "Oh, that's nice, a 450g item that renders 20-40% of their team useless against me and my buddies if they're around." Seriously, if you see a stealth champ on their team, buy Oracle's. It will pay for itself.

And seriously, Oracle's was created to counter two champions, and only those two champions. If you are only using it to counter one champion, it's still around half it's intended purpose. Much better % than MR or Armor. Armor was made to counter 100% of champions (auto-attack), so at most it has a maximum efficiency of 5/(However champs there are, I didn't count)