is there any way to change the LoL client windows size

1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TiTaN2TeN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Riot please fix this problem so that people with 1366x768 or smaller resolution screens do not have to resize their client window every time they open this game!

Hey,
I have a problem where the LoL client window is slightly too large for my screen and it goes under my taskbar and i have to manually resize the window every time I open the game.

here is a picture of the problem:
Clientsizeglitch.jpg

Is there any way to change the settings somewhere so that the window opens at the right size for my screen.

Thanks,
Titan

Edit: This seems like a common problem, please show your support and keep bumping this thread in the hope that riot will see this and fix the problem

also let me know what your screen resolution is because it seems like this only happens with a 1366x768 screen

Edit 2: also going to support and reporting the bug might help also, if they see enough people asking to fix the bug it might finally get fixed!

Edit 3:
It Seems this problem also occurs on resolutions smaller than 1366x768

Piskie

11-24-2011

You are talking about the main window? the one you see right after you login with user/pass? I am guessing in that case you are using a laptop. Mine does the same thing (i installed properly on mine) the LoL client default is just a wee bit too large for my desktop size

TiTaN2TeN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blighted Angel View Post
You are talking about the main window? the one you see right after you login with user/pass? I am guessing in that case you are using a laptop. Mine does the same thing (i installed properly on mine) the LoL client default is just a wee bit too large for my desktop size
yeah the main client window that opens after you click play and yes im using a laptop.

Huntsvoski

11-24-2011

Yes you can change the size, move the mouse near the lower left corner on the edge until you get double arrows, click and hold to resize the window.

Piskie

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsvoski View Post
Yes you can change the size, move the mouse near the lower left corner on the edge until you get double arrows, click and hold to resize the window.
The question was can you change it so you do NOT have to resize it every time you log in. I have not found a way personally, but I can confirm this is caused by LoL size not by copied files from a higher res machine

TiTaN2TeN

11-24-2011

Bump

TiTaN2TeN

11-25-2011

Bump

MidwestWarrior

11-25-2011

ye, I have looked around to see if you could possibly mod some config files to change the default size of the client but to my disappointment I could not find any ...and also I read in an older thread that you cannot change it currently other than dragging it (which is lame xD ). I have the same issues with my laptop which runs atm a resolution of 1366x768. I think an option should be implemented or a better way of the client to rescale itself. It is obviously possible to go at the size we want since it can run just fine and we see everything when we resize it manually... either way here is a free bump because it annoys me too :P

TiTaN2TeN

11-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXsniparXx View Post
ye, I have looked around to see if you could possibly mod some config files to change the default size of the client but to my disappointment I could not find any ...and also I read in an older thread that you cannot change it currently other than dragging it (which is lame xD ). I have the same issues with my laptop which runs atm a resolution of 1366x768. I think an option should be implemented or a better way of the client to rescale itself. It is obviously possible to go at the size we want since it can run just fine and we see everything when we resize it manually... either way here is a free bump because it annoys me too :P
yea, it kinda sucks that you cant change it anywhere.
Riot can you please fix this problem. :/

my resolution is also 1366x768

TiTaN2TeN

11-30-2011

bump.

1234511 ... 20