Dodge Runes Refund in the Coming Weeks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-23-2011
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Summoners!

As many of you are aware, there’s been some buzz about the removal of Dodge as a primary stat in League of Legends. We’d like to officially confirm that we will be phasing out the use of this stat over time.

Over the course of the next several weeks we’ll be taking progressive steps to remove the Dodge stat from the game. The first step that we are going to take is to provide a full refund for all summoners that currently own Dodge runes. Within the next few patches, we’ll be proactively refunding your Dodge rune purchases and removing these runes from your runebooks. Should you wish to rebuy your runes for use in the interim time, you’re welcome to do so. Bear in mind, though, that once we’ve completely phased Dodge out of League of Legends, we’ll be issuing another refund for any runes that you’ve re-purchased.

While we’d like to issue this initial refund immediately, there are several technical limitations with refunding a large amount of runes. Initiating this refund will take a considerable amount of time unless we properly prepare for it. We will provide an additional heads up about when exactly this refund will take place in the near future.

Part of changing Dodge means we’re going to implement changes to those champions and items that Dodge affects. Going forward, we are excited to be implementing changes to Sivir, Udyr, Ninja Tabi, Sword of the Divine and, perhaps most notably, Jax. They’ll be receiving reworks that we think will really bring some fun and exciting improvements to their gameplay.

Additionally, we think this is a great opportunity for us to explore new types of runes. You’ll have multiple new runes to check out as we draw closer to releasing these remakes to our Dodge-centric champions and items.

Click here for a comprehensive explanation of the rationale behind removing the Dodge stat.

räen bøw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Thank you.

Morello, it is knowledge that with dodge removed, the game will change dramatically. Hope you guys will help those three champions out, they really need it.

Yugi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-23-2011

Yes I am third.

Third as in the Third Reich.
Because I have a test on Germany tommorow.

Oh god, why am I playing League of Legends instead of studying for my History Test.

Well at least i get my dodge runes refunded.
Oh wait I didn't buy any.

:'(

Please, Riot refund my History text book for me. I need the IP.
I give you my history textbook for 2k IP PLS.

GGood Feeling

11-23-2011

YAY! I was hoping for this...but just gonna use my refund for other runes

Litt

11-23-2011

win!

Caerus

11-23-2011

Riot

I love you

Crs Voyboy

11-23-2011

Nooo, My Jax Come back to me.

Zerdo

11-23-2011

Awesome

Zelink

11-23-2011

Sweet about time.. Now fix udyr and jax and sivir too.

Wow im on the first page. God must be coming..

Magichick

11-23-2011

Awesome to know. Excited to see the changes to the champs the most. Dont play them but its always fun to see whats new with champs