Cursor change?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vermyllyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-15-2011

bump

LoveLily

12-19-2011

I suffered from this problem around a year ago and decided to look for a solution, I found this forum (guide link), which explained the process. This should aid in your problem.

Here is the custom cursors I created and use, I find it much easier for me to keep track of (see attached)

There are versions included that don't have the pink and yellow star as well.

and here is a link to the guide I used, the do-it-for-you application no longer works as Riot changed their file format. However the Resource Hacker guide (#3) still works. Caution: When I did this about a year ago, I ended up having to reinstall sometimes when they patched, regardless of whether I replaced the cursors with the defaults. However the patcher was known to be awful at this time.

Link to the guide:
http://forum.leaguecraft.com/index.p...mouse-cursors/

Link to resource hacker:
http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

Pictures attached, cursors I made as well as defaults inside the attached zip.

The directory that contains League of Legends.exe for where you navigate resourcehacker should be something like:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.100\deploy

Hope this helps,
-Princess

edit: re-added zipped .cur files that I modified as well as the originals. Also included a picture of what it looks like out of game.

Also to the person who posted below me, Cabadath, I modified this and made this post a long time ago, I know you can't make it bigger. I'm not sure about smaller, at any rate if you wanted to use a smaller cursor you could use the same size background but fill in with more clear pixels.

EDIT: THIS METHOD NO LONGER WORKS, I've posted a new method on page 5.

LoveLily

12-29-2011

Alright so the game was patched and I didn't get any patcher errors and didn't have to reinstall. However it did replace the cursors with the defaults, so you'll have to redo it every patch. You can use any cursor you want as long as it fits the size guideline, I just edited the originals as you can see.

Cabadath

12-30-2011

Size guidelines? So I can't make a smaller cursor?

Daemous

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
We definitely want to give you guys the ability to scale certain elements in the HUD independently, but right now there are a lot of other things that are higher priority, especially with the ramp up to Season 1. Be patient, it's on the list, I promise!
It's season 2, 2012, and It's still not here. WTF Riot come on, it shouldn't be that hard to be able to change the cursor especially color of it in game.

Libra Man

05-23-2012

Not a priority... hell they have probably forgotten

Fartsniffar

05-25-2012

Bumping because this is something I have wanted for a long time and so have many others, judging from the hundreds of Google results for this

This isn't even that hard to implement though the first win of the day timer took a **** long time l0l

I'd be perfectly happy if the icon for A-move or Ability crosshairs were used instead of the silly hand. Now that wouldn't even require much effort at all to do

Fartsniffar

06-01-2012

bump

Fartsniffar

06-08-2012

bumpp

WinceHarder

07-16-2012

Yes just a resize option would be great.