Minimap colour-blindness problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meganLeeFan

05-22-2014

I have a terrible time trying to determine which player is on which team when i use the minimap. If the enemy team has, for example, a leona and my team does Not, it's easy enough to recognize her. However if my team has a leona as well, i am at a loss for which player is on which team. Additionally if I mess up my memorization of which player is on which team then one moment a team mate is approaching me to help out, and next moment i-guess-it-was-any-enemy-trying-to-kill-me.

So overall, it results in me placing fewer wards and checking the minimap less. Both of which are disadvantageous for my Team.

The red and blue lines surround the character portraits on the minimap is the issue. They aren't distinct enough. Weirdly enough, for some characters, the way there portrait is drawn/colored lets me see the character's team on the minimap no problem, but for most i have problems. Things i've found to get past this is putting the screen uncomfortably close to my face, it makes the lines around the portrait ''bigger'' making them easier to see. Tho being so close to the screen sucks for eyestrain, back and neck pain. Colorblind mode doesn't fix the issue and I already play with the minimap set to max size.

So easy fixes for this;
a) increase the line size around the character portraits in minimap
b) flip all red character portraits to face in 1 direction and all blue character portraits in the other.
c) change the line color (customizable would be nice)
d) change 1 team's character portraits to be a different shape.
e) make one teams portraits bigger than the other (not ideal tho)

Does anyone know how to do any of those options or have another option in mind that would work? I've tried both colorblind and colorvision mode. I found some ideas from 2010 - 2012 but none of them work for this version of the game . I submitted a support ticket and I was told to try posting on the forum, so here I am .

Any help is much appreciated!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meganLeeFan

05-22-2014

Some of you may recognize this thread from the help and support page. A user told me to try this thread and i said i'd give it a go. The original thread is here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4422735

A wrench man recommended me to try playing on draft mode because the same character can't be chosen. That's a good suggestion, however it is not ideal. In addition I can't even play draft mode cause I haven't unlocked enough characters.