So I hear all of the 'Dominion Sucks' nonsense...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

curiel

11-23-2011

it sucks cuz people lose in it more than summoners rift they the would win more they would not be complaning

A Retarded Clown

11-23-2011

well, dominion is fine and all but it does really take mages almost out of the equation.

Kass/AP shaco are good but every other mage is too immobile/low damage to be of use

Also,people don't try to team fight/use tanks, and so any squishies are even more worthless because assassins basically hand their ass back to them on a plate before they can even get out of the spawn pool.

Specopcleric

11-23-2011

Personally, I prefer dominion. Losing a 20 minute game is hardly as big a let-down as losing a 45-55 minute game in SR or TT. Also, the laning phase is a boring phase, imo, but it's extremely important as well. I like dominion because it feels like the laning phase was just taken out, and all we have is the roaming/skirmishes and teamfighting phases. I find those phases to be so much more enjoyable than passive laning.

NaranjaSpencer

11-23-2011

I don't find Dominion to be all that enjoyable IN MOST CASES. I feel like Dominion requires your teammates to be better than they (usually) are. By "better" I mean "more coordinated" which isn't encouraged by the First/Second/Third rankings. In fact, I think the game-by-game rankings are the worst thing about the game mode. It encourages competition between teammates, and it makes it so that when I play as Alistar or Maokai and go to defend a turret against any number of enemies, I'm doing an extremely vital job in terms of winning, but I'm going to look like an awful player when I die and end with the lowest points.

I enjoy Dominion as Talon, but I love Talon in all game modes and would play him exclusively if we didn't need tanks so often.

**The rankings thing really only matters if you're solo queuing for it. If you're bro-ing it up with some friends, it doesn't matter because you'll be more coordinated.

***I know that tanks are low scoring champions even in SR, but they have assists to show that they were at least contributing. I feel like I'm contributing, even babysitting sometimes, and I'm getting no recognition for it on Dominion.

Pirateowns

11-23-2011

I love playing karth with garrison and revive at bot lane. Never lose tower :O

Prostate

11-23-2011

Less technical skill involved

Grunnd

11-23-2011

I just don't like it.

Nothing to do with skill or any other psychological BS you guys may want to spout. I just don't find it as fun as SR.

Since when was a person not allowed to find a game boring just because they think it's boring? Why does being bad/good at it have any sway in the matter?

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunnd View Post
I just don't like it.

Nothing to do with skill or any other psychological BS you guys may want to spout. I just don't find it as fun as SR.

Since when was a person not allowed to find a game boring just because they think it's boring? Why does being bad/good at it have any sway in the matter?
I'm not saying that. I respect you for voicing your opinion, and owning up that it may be due to some personal aspect rather than the gamemode itself sucking.

NaranjaSpencer

11-23-2011

Oh, and Grunnd also hit the nail on the head, but since I do have more losses than wins, I thought I'd come up with something legitimate sounding for why I don't play Dominion.

I just kinda don't like it. I like the idea, but I just don't enjoy it as much as SR.

illundreal

11-23-2011

I didn't like the balance and it didn't play like summoners rift so i lost interest.

I've said since its release that if dominion was its own game designed from the ground up with appropriate characters, skills, and balancing it would be extremely fun.