Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you do when your team never holds top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenXylaphone

11-23-2011

Immediately after capping top everyone, even people with 75% or more health immediately press b and go back. I then stay near top to try and stop the enemy. More than 1 comes and I die. I do this because I was bot and noticed they do this and enemy takes top.
They then call me bad and say it is good to leave top and go do teamfights. Turns out they were pre-made.

What do? What you think?

Phourc

11-23-2011

Where exactly were they teamfighting that was so important?

Dimwitt

11-23-2011

teamfights are okay so long as you have the superior map control and positioning... obviously yours didnt nor did it have the ability to sustain in long fights.

They should have held near top and waiting for the inevitable solo backdoor atempt then slaughtered the enemy team 4v3 and kill the stray if they didnt already back.

Argodis

11-23-2011

You lose the game and hope for better luck next time.

There is no reasoning with people on Dominion. Everyone goes in with the mentality that they're always right.

slowfiveoh

11-23-2011

The entire team (all 4 of us) witnessed your terrible non-participatory gameplay all round.

Joining a team as a physical carry means that you intend, fully, to participate and lend your massive AD to the cause of winning the round.

You went 2/11/4. You had barely more points than I did, and did not even remotely serve your function as a teammate.

Your Galio on the team (me) had one less point capped than you, and finished just behind you in points because he was utilizing his taunt and slows to assist his team. Hence his 15 assists.

For the record, I went 8/11/15 on Galio. You should have been ashamed to have been so ineffective on Noc to have less points capped or neutralized than 3 of your other teammates, and also fall below the KDR of your tank, who did a pretty **** good job of mitigating and soaking up damage.

It is shameful, and embarrassing that our AD Carry not only refused to participate in defensive or offensive pushes, or for that matter, any team fights at all. You were awful, and the other two who did not duo-queue with me and the wife, were the first to mention your lack of any apparent skill and/or talent at Dominion.

Here is the real deal.

This kid joined our server as many do. Espousing their vast tactical wisdom (immediately indicating their lack of the same), and attempting to distribute orders (that frankly made no sense) to the rest of the team, while being wholly ineffective at the game. He frankly wouldn't put the pacifier back in his mouth, or, was simply trolling.

While our team DID possess tactical map dominance from the beginning, our AD carry was never present. He was off rubbing himself to make himself feel better, while the rest of our team struggled to cope with the 4v5 vacuum left by a hard AD carries non-presence in any and all teamfights, defensive or offensive maneuvers.

Too many people do not understand the importance of the teamfight, and persistent pressure necessary in Dominion to be successful.

All of the tools in this particular game were there, it is simply that Nocturne (The OP of this thread) was never around. He was too busy trying to play "Coleman Salesman" under a turret which was not in any way being pressured.

I will happily, and with great confidence send not only the LoLReplay to this match, to include any and all of my LoLReplays wherein my Aggressive and persistent teams won a full 5v5 in 7 minutes flat, or less. My personal best is 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

There are truly a lot of strategies in LoL that one can employ, especially in Dominion.

Camping and being an ineffective ass because your 15 year old posterior thinks it is Gods gift to tactics is not one of them.

Try to be more effective and participatory in your efforts on Dominion. You, FrozenXylaphone, have a lot to learn, and a whole hell of a lot growing up to do.

Sincerely,

Every Member Of The Match You Reference In This Post

P.S. PM me for the LoLReplay files of my games, up to and including this guys.

Have a great day!

P.P.S The other two friended me for my Galio play. Just sayin...

Phourc

11-23-2011

I understand what you're trying to do, but holy **** sir.

Itt:

Alvinheimer

11-23-2011

so ITT: OP isn't a team player and his 4 other teammates were trying to go on the offense even though they were down a guy.

hmm... which devil to choose...

slowfiveoh

11-23-2011

Quote:
Phourc:
I understand what you're trying to do, but holy **** sir.

Itt:

I play a ton of dominion. It seems to me that everytime there is a knowitall prepubescent baddy expressing his "super-geniousness" at Dominion, it is a for sure loss.

I KNOW people feel me when they get into a match with people like the OP. it is not a matter of the team not working together, but rather that one individual who thinks he is Gods gift to LoL or Dominion that usually ruins the matches.

Quote:
Alvinheimer:
so ITT: OP isn't a team player and his 4 other teammates were trying to go on the offense even though they were down a guy.

hmm... which devil to choose...

Consider the possibility that the other team will push the other points no matter what. All one can do is attempt to defend. If not this, then simply sit on the pad. It was a true 4v5 because in spite of OP's non-team-playing ******ry, we did want to win, and were capable of playing together well. We even won a few engagements. 4v5, without him.

Also, our "offensive pushes" in this sense are those points immediately outside of our base, which we are attempting to recapture.

Just some other stuff to consider.

FrozenXylaphone

11-23-2011

Quote:
slowfiveoh:
The entire team (all 4 of us) witnessed your terrible non-participatory gameplay all round.

Joining a team as a physical carry means that you intend, fully, to participate and lend your massive AD to the cause of winning the round.

You went 2/11/4. You had barely more points than I did, and did not even remotely serve your function as a teammate.

Your Galio on the team (me) had one less point capped than you, and finished just behind you in points because he was utilizing his taunt and slows to assist his team. Hence his 15 assists.

For the record, I went 8/11/15 on Galio. You should have been ashamed to have been so ineffective on Noc to have less points capped or neutralized than 3 of your other teammates, and also fall below the KDR of your tank, who did a pretty **** good job of mitigating and soaking up damage.

It is shameful, and embarrassing that our AD Carry not only refused to participate in defensive or offensive pushes, or for that matter, any team fights at all. You were awful, and the other two who did not duo-queue with me and the wife, were the first to mention your lack of any apparent skill and/or talent at Dominion.

Here is the real deal.

This kid joined our server as many do. Espousing their vast tactical wisdom (immediately indicating their lack of the same), and attempting to distribute orders (that frankly made no sense) to the rest of the team, while being wholly ineffective at the game. He frankly wouldn't put the pacifier back in his mouth, or, was simply trolling.

While our team DID possess tactical map dominance from the beginning, our AD carry was never present. He was off rubbing himself to make himself feel better, while the rest of our team struggled to cope with the 4v5 vacuum left by a hard AD carries non-presence in any and all teamfights, defensive or offensive maneuvers.

Too many people do not understand the importance of the teamfight, and persistent pressure necessary in Dominion to be successful.

All of the tools in this particular game were there, it is simply that Nocturne (The OP of this thread) was never around. He was too busy trying to play "Coleman Salesman" under a turret which was not in any way being pressured.

I will happily, and with great confidence send not only the LoLReplay to this match, to include any and all of my LoLReplays wherein my Aggressive and persistent teams won a full 5v5 in 7 minutes flat, or less. My personal best is 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

There are truly a lot of strategies in LoL that one can employ, especially in Dominion.

Camping and being an ineffective ass because your 15 year old posterior thinks it is Gods gift to tactics is not one of them.

Try to be more effective and participatory in your efforts on Dominion. You, FrozenXylaphone, have a lot to learn, and a whole hell of a lot growing up to do.

Sincerely,

Every Member Of The Match You Reference In This Post

P.S. PM me for the LoLReplay files of my games, up to and including this guys.

Have a great day!

P.P.S The other two friended me for my Galio play. Just sayin...

They asked me to go bot so I did. I won the bot against graves. Then someone from top came bot to help him and pushed it back. Guess what happened next? They lost the top because no one was there. When..someone even came bot.
So I decided to help top and of course hold it after we cap it. In the 4 v 4 fight though I was focused and died. 2 of them then had about 75% hp and one had about 25%, they all pressed b.
I then tried to argue with them about holding top, but they wouldn't have it. Top got capped often but was never held. I admit I raged a bit after this because I am tired of people pressing b when they have 75% or above health (this game alone did not trigger this, often people either b or push after top and either die or lose top) and health packs are on the map, for that I apologize. This man also raged hard as well though being counter rage.

But the point of this thread is not about our game, the game is just an example. I simply want to know what other people think. Should we all just leave top and try to teamfight even though we know the enemy will send some people to cap top and we will lose it?

Is it really worth killing 1 (maybe 2) guys bot if 4 ppl go top and cap top and then we are forced to teamfight at their turret?

Hummin

11-23-2011

Quote:
FrozenXylaphone:
They asked me to go bot so I did. I won the bot against graves. Then someone from top came bot to help him and pushed it back. Guess what happened next? They lost the top because no one was there. When..someone even came bot.
So I decided to help top and of course hold it after we cap it. In the 4 v 4 fight though I was focused and died. 2 of them then had about 75% hp and one had about 25%, they all pressed b.
I then tried to argue with them about holding top, but they wouldn't have it. Top got capped often but was never held. I admit I raged a bit after this because I am tired of people pressing b when they have 75% or above health (this game alone did not trigger this, often people either b or push after top and either die or lose top) and health packs are on the map, for that I apologize. This man also raged hard as well though being counter rage.

But the point of this thread is not about our game, the game is just an example. I simply want to know what other people think. Should we all just leave top and try to teamfight even though we know the enemy will send some people to cap top and we will lose it?

Is it really worth killing 1 (maybe 2) guys bot if 4 ppl go top and cap top and then we are forced to teamfight at their turret?

if you stay in one spot, they will just go to some other point, if you move they have to move too. the 4 you complaing about bot while you were top, we won and took their point. you cant just be stationary it dosent work.