Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Snapped

05-27-2012

Renekton, imo, needs to be overhauled; there are so many things wrong with him right now, as have been pointed out multiple times in this thread. I'd GLADLY exchange a good deal of early game strength for the ability to actually matter in the mid and late game. Again, as has already been stated I'm sure, Renekton's scaling basically doesn't exist - if he's not ridiculously fed, he completely fails after the early game.

Kìno

05-27-2012

Who's next on the shopping block?

Ryndis

05-27-2012

Quote:
Ginga:
Riven is an AD Caster.

Anyways. All criticisms towards Renekton can pretty much be summed up as "his Passive is vanilla". He's a good champion, his Passive is just really boring and ignored.

Riven doesnt fall off late because she builds damage. Every other AD caster builds bruiser after their first couple of items. Which is why they fall off. Frozen hammer is an overrated mediocre item, especially on renekton/talon. Yet i see them all the time on those two. Garen would be great late game if his ultimate wasnt garbage. Pantheon is a very good niche pick. Put him bottom and he craps on most ad carry lanes, you just need your ad carry somewhere else. (twitch jungle, ezreal/urgot/cait mid, kayle top)

Basically all AD casters should follow the riven roll and build standard BT, LW, GA and then more damage. Stop getting spirit visage, stop getting hammers. If you want to be tougher go warmogs/ga or aegis/GA depending on money. ANd most importantly make sure theres a hard engage on your team. Morgana, amumu, galio, leona etc.

Think of it like this, most ad casters have a good poke or have kits that basically say get in and get out. Your mid games are great because your bases are good and that brutalizer give good mid game power. What does that hammer do for talon afterwards? You can either live slightly longer, or kill faster. AD casters are meant to kill faster.

Jonika

05-27-2012

I see renekton played all the time in tourney's and high elo. Why is there a 94 page thread on how UP he is when plenty of other champions are far worse off?

00Rathiel00

05-27-2012

Quote:
Jonika:
I see renekton played all the time in tourney's and high elo. Why is there a 94 page thread on how UP he is when plenty of other champions are far worse off?

hahaha
again with that?

1) Not that much.

2) All champs are played in tourney's sometime... so that argument is pretty silly. Not to mention that doesn't mean the champ is okay.

3) I think we all agree that Riot should fix a LOT of champions. Renekton is one of those and we talk about it. Feel free to start your own thread about your favorite UP champ too.

4) All the people in this 94 pages thread can't be 100% wrong, don't you think so?

Sachel Page

05-29-2012

Bump!!!

Fuzen kuden

05-29-2012

Quote:
Morello:
I agree we could do some work to make him more fun - that's fine. I think his balance is pretty good, but some tweaks that make him be a better play experience is something I'm open to.

hey how about hotfixing that op cash cow

DieDieCannon

05-29-2012

I wish he scaled a bit better, but other wise i think he's aight as he is. I'd need to hear a REALLY interesting yet not op change in his passive to make me really want a significant change like that. Till then, Come back when you've picked up all the bits of yerself.

****ing love Ren

MAH BOI.

Sachel Page

05-29-2012

Bump for Croc justice!!!

00Rathiel00

05-29-2012

I'm starting to lose my faith