Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Putzfrau

05-23-2012

Quote:
solidfake:
it is NOT
Slice&Dice deals more damage without rage, but Cull the Meek still deals more DPS when enraged

Here is a calculation I once made showing the truth (http://forum.leaguecraft.com/index.php?/topic/35317-cull-the-meek-vs-slicedice-a-damage-calculation/)

You dont taken into account the added damage from the armor penetration. Autos, q, w, it's all hitting significantly harder now.

And if you did I had trouble finding it.

Sachel Page

05-23-2012

Quote:
Lazersaurus:
btw morello do you remember this?

"Renekton could use some help - though I may want to go slightly crazier and give him bigger moments based on Fury. I think it's a little "flat" right no, so we could definitely do some things here."

what made you change idea all of the sudden?,you know, long time ago you said that you where going buff ez as well, butsince china was apparently crashing with him you decided to dont make the changes

what happened this time ? every game is Australia is getting devastaded by the croc?

Not sure I guess since we have some renekton sightings that has changed a lot of people minds about him. But just because we see him more does not mean renekton is without faults. I guess it is sad day when the myth of renekton has reached beyond us players all the way to Riot HQ. Morello making statements again I think this debate was over before it began. Riot so afraid of renekton it's funny. To see them work on other champs and make them into tourney mode relevant Olaf for example.

solidfake

05-23-2012

Quote:
Putzfrau:
You dont taken into account the added damage from the armor penetration. Autos, q, w, it's all hitting significantly harder now.

And if you did I had trouble finding it.

Yes, it will, but this was a pure dps analysis of the spells damage output.
I made the whole calculation without any armor anyway. If you use now E for its other advantages or Q for its healing and furygain etc, this is personal preference.

For damage output the best way would be to first hit the enemy(ies) with enraged E once, and after that using your fury to empower Q and W to maximize damage output.
But you don't have that choice, because you can't generate fury fast enough to make it worthwhile wasting it for E most of the time, especially because E is used in lategame mainly as initiation or escape tool than as a damage spell.

Putzfrau

05-23-2012

Quote:
solidfake:
Yes, it will, but this was a pure dps analysis of the spells damage output.
I made the whole calculation without any armor anyway. If you use now E for its other advantages or Q for its healing and furygain etc, this is personal preference.

For damage output the best way would be to first hit the enemy(ies) with enraged E once, and after that using your fury to empower Q and W to maximize damage output.
But you don't have that choice, because you can't generate fury fast enough to make it worthwhile wasting it for E most of the time, especially because E is used in lategame mainly as initiation or escape tool than as a damage spell.

So exactly what I said in my Initial post? For damage you want to be using rage on e. You don't need to burn dice to close the gap on any random melee champ that will be top. You can use the enraged dice regularly in lane to wn trades.

Considering renektons early game damage and his lane prowess he has the tools to beat almost any lane match up, with a couple of exceptions. In lane he's just as good, if not better then riven.

solidfake

05-23-2012

Quote:
Putzfrau:
So exactly what I said in my Initial post? For damage you want to be using rage on e. You don't need to burn dice to close the gap on any random melee champ that will be top. You can use the enraged dice regularly in lane to wn trades.

Considering renektons early game damage and his lane prowess he has the tools to beat almost any lane match up, with a couple of exceptions. In lane he's just as good, if not better then riven.

you said it like people should use their fury only on E and not on Q to gain more dps, which the numbers prove otherwise
But like I said, it is more a personal preference if you use your E to close gaps and fro utility/harrass or for damage and armor-reduction.
25% also isn't really that much, and it doesn't last very long, if they would make it to 30-40% I think it would be more worth it using your fury for it in a teamfight.
In my personal opinion it is still better to use your fury for Q, simply because it increase both its damage and its healing cap and health gain by a very big amount, additionally to giving you some fury back for its use.

yes, his laning phase is about as strong as rivens if not stronger, but where Renekton does have a disadvantages; which would be that he needs to build tanky to absorb damage and his bad lategame scaling, Riven shines even more

00Rathiel00

05-23-2012

Quote:
solidfake:
23.05.2012 Update
Patchnotes are here. (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2141119) There is nothing big to mention in it, no changes in Renektons mechanics and also still no ad-caster item.
But interestingly enough, Renekton got a small rework to a graphical feature, or rather a bugfix: "Cull the Meek's fury-enhanced swipe trail is now properly red".
I know, it is nothing that changes his current status at all, but it shows that someone somewhere actually took a look at Renekton, and fixed a problem.
Since when was Renekton not in the patchnotes, besides getting a new skin? At least it lets us hope that Riot has started to put an eye on him to get a closer look, which is a small start, but it's a good start.

I don't know, man, it feels like "we are barely touching the champ so the community won't bother us for a while"

I don't know how they have the time to release a new champ every 2 weeks but the fixing team can hardly make 2 little changes in that time :S
Also it bothers me how they "fixed" a champ that didn't need to be fixed (Mundo). You know... if they were, at least, working on UP and OP champs i would understand it... but they aren't! they are just doing minor and, probably, useless fixes here and there on champs that don't need it instead of paying attention to the real problems.

I feel so trolled...

00Rathiel00

05-24-2012

and a bump, cause Renekton deserves it

IS19376f376160d609e2605

05-24-2012

bump

Lady Mai

05-24-2012

Renekton's OP. What more do you want?

Sachel Page

05-24-2012

Quote:
MaiLinna:
Renekton's OP. What more do you want?

Rene not op. Just a myth on that he is strong but a lot of people say there better choices for solo top. As much as I love renekton I have to agree better choices other than him up top.