Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayote

05-22-2012

I dropped Ghostblade for a year but I've been coming back to it lately just for the high mobility it grants as well as brutalizer helping me get around ninja tabi and wriggles.

00Rathiel00

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayote View Post
Anything the red's ask goes into a pipeline. Don't expect things to imediately happen. The fact that Morello even posted in here means that he's collecting feedback and figuring out what's best to do. Ren's at a tedious spot. He's a strong laner that simply needs a few tweaks in the right areas. Do it wrong and he'll either be over powered or under powered from his current state. Give it time man, give it time.
Well... i think nobody expects a response too quick. But Riot had this thread around for half a year and they couldn't fix Rene or even try to?
But they had time to fix a bunch of other champs (even ones that didn't need to be fixed, like Ryze)
So i don't know why they don't want to try to fix it... after all they can always release another patch to fix the fix in the worst case.

00Rathiel00

05-22-2012

Oh and also i don't think an item would be a good "fix" for renekton. The champion should be good for itself, the items come later. Besides those items will be aviable for everyone... so another AD caster that's better than Renekton will still be better after the release of such item.

They should work on the champ, the famous "AD Caster Item" won't be a solution.

4ntiSqueaker

05-22-2012

Here's what I think would give the Croc a needed lategame buff, while keeping his laning about the same.

In my experience, in late game/teamfights, Ren suffers because he runs out of fury constantly in longer engagements, and has to either get up to the Max CDR, or suffer through painfully long CD's on Ruthless Predator and Slice n Dice. These ideas solve both, and allow him to itemize a bit better for his role!

Passive: Now gives 1 Fury per second per nearby Enemy Champion.
Scrap the "50% more fury below 50% health" shenanigans, its useless. Was unique back before Renekton was the only Champ to use fury, but with Shyvana and Tryndamere both using fury, it's outdated, since they both get fury faster, and don't use it as much as Ren anyhow.

Cull the Meek Maybe give a bit more healing, it's literally 50% of what it was when Ren was released. At least at early levels, without hitting 2 minion waves with 50+ fury, the heal is pathetic. Also: Now triggers life steal instead of spell vamp.

Ruthless Predator Animation now sped up, no more self stun!

Slice and Dice The Dice portion of Slice and Dice can no longer use Fury if it hits only minions. It can still shred the armor of Champions however.

Dominus Removes Magic damage portion, adds in a Passive 5%/10%/15% CDR, and possibly an AD boost when activated, to mirror Nasus's AD gain.

Not a lot of serious "buffs" per say, but it would really help Ren become a viable pick in Ranked, aside from being a counter to some people, in addition to making him more enjoyable to play with some Quality of Life fixes.

00Rathiel00

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ntiSqueaker View Post
Here's what I think would give the Croc a needed lategame buff, while keeping his laning about the same.

In my experience, in late game/teamfights, Ren suffers because he runs out of fury constantly in longer engagements, and has to either get up to the Max CDR, or suffer through painfully long CD's on Ruthless Predator and Slice n Dice. These ideas solve both, and allow him to itemize a bit better for his role!

Passive: Now gives 1 Fury per second per nearby Enemy Champion.
Scrap the "50% more fury below 50% health" shenanigans, its useless. Was unique back before Renekton was the only Champ to use fury, but with Shyvana and Tryndamere both using fury, it's outdated, since they both get fury faster, and don't use it as much as Ren anyhow.

Cull the Meek Maybe give a bit more healing, it's literally 50% of what it was when Ren was released. At least at early levels, without hitting 2 minion waves with 50+ fury, the heal is pathetic. Also: Now triggers life steal instead of spell vamp.

Ruthless Predator Animation now sped up, no more self stun!

Slice and Dice The Dice portion of Slice and Dice can no longer use Fury if it hits only minions. It can still shred the armor of Champions however.

Dominus Removes Magic damage portion, adds in a Passive 5%/10%/15% CDR, and possibly an AD boost when activated, to mirror Nasus's AD gain.

Not a lot of serious "buffs" per say, but it would really help Ren become a viable pick in Ranked, aside from being a counter to some people, in addition to making him more enjoyable to play with some Quality of Life fixes.

Even when i saw a lot of ideas to fix Renekton, i think now that the fix of Ruthless Predator is a MUST. You can't even use your stun with that long animation.
So i hope reds see that HUGE mistake with that skill... even if they decide to "buff" him a little or not i think that change must be done.

Also his ult seems quite underpowered compared to his brother, Nasus. Those 5 fury per second are laughable compared to the damage buff Nasus gets with his ult.

00Rathiel00

05-23-2012

Another OP champ is up... nobody fixed the old ones and the chances of seeing some work on Renekton are less.
Good job Riot, good job.

solidfake

05-23-2012

23.05.2012 Update
Patchnotes are here. There is nothing big to mention in it, no changes in Renektons mechanics and also still no ad-caster item.
But interestingly enough, Renekton got a small rework to a graphical feature, or rather a bugfix: "Cull the Meek's fury-enhanced swipe trail is now properly red".
I know, it is nothing that changes his current status at all, but it shows that someone somewhere actually took a look at Renekton, and fixed a problem.
Since when was Renekton not in the patchnotes, besides getting a new skin? At least it lets us hope that Riot has started to put an eye on him to get a closer look, which is a small start, but it's a good start.

Lazersaurus

05-23-2012

morello just curios are we going to see these changes soon or is one of your typicals "soon"

y know just sayng...

solidfake

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazersaurus View Post
morello just curios are we going to see these changes soon or is one of your typicals "soon"

y know just sayng...
I am also very confused myself if Riot now actually wants to give Renekton quality-of-life improvements or not.
Morello basically said first he wants to definitely buff Renektons lategame and even adjust his fury scaling; then he said Renekton does have no problems and they can't do anything but making a new ad-caster item, then again he says that they could give Renekton some changes to make his gameplay more fun.

Morello changes his opinions like he bumps out Irelia nerfs.

Lazersaurus

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm short on time right now, and I know there's some "give Renekton some love" threads, but he gets used a reasonable amount in tourney and high-elo play. Other than new build options (which is fun for any character), I don't see what we need to do here.
btw morello do you remember this?

"Renekton could use some help - though I may want to go slightly crazier and give him bigger moments based on Fury. I think it's a little "flat" right no, so we could definitely do some things here."

what made you change idea all of the sudden?,you know, long time ago you said that you where going buff ez as well, butsince china was apparently crashing with him you decided to dont make the changes

what happened this time ? every game is Australia is getting devastaded by the croc?