Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheSparky

05-22-2012

Current State, OK

00Rathiel00

05-22-2012

Quote:
69Koreans:
Current State, OK

. . .
No.

IS19376f376160d609e2605

05-22-2012

just give him better late game scaling, compered to picks like olaf, jax,riven,irelia,ww renekton's late game is trash, just seems like his cooldowns are 20% too long and his dps isnt quite enough, people who say he is ok dont see whole picture, yes he is dominant early in lane (still has quite a few hard counters) but it really is discouraging when you crush your lane and still lose because game lasted long enough that your counter part suddenly become twice as useful in team fight as you.

Sachel Page

05-22-2012

Quote:
Tehadam:
Renekton can be good for teams, however he requires damage items in order to do so as well as a team that allows him to be unleashed(AKA, He needs a tanky Support bot or a Tank Jungle both with lots of CC) However Renekton himself does have a few problems outside this:

1. His long Cooldowns; without CDR Renekton come teamfights will just E into the enemy team, stun the carry with W, Q everything with his R up.. and that's it, he is a burst AD caster with long CDs that prevent him from dealing sustained damage, whereas other AD casters have shorter Cooldowns that allow them to use their abilities significantly more during laning and teamfights. This also limits his build options heavily, as he needs to build CDR to remain effective.
Suggestion: Give Renekton's ultimate passive CDR, scaling 5/10/15% at their respective ranks.

This will allow Renekton significantly more build options, as well as increase his sustained damage.

2. Lack of Passive; Renekton does have a "passive" however it is weak in terms other passive. Since it is 50% more fury below 50% HP, you need to be near death in order to utilize it. This is poor design as it basically gives the enemy team the signal to burst you once you hit 50% life, making your passive absolutely worthless.
Suggestion: Give him a passive that gives him 1 AD per 1% HP missing , up to a cap of 15/20/25/30/35/40/45/50(this will help it from spiraling out of control early) This will also help him from falling off by midgame, as Renekton will have damage items by this time making him very dangerous if he's decently farmed.

3. Renekton's Q and E is a little unrewarding; this ability actually provides more damage than his Q when charged with fury:
Q: 275 Base(1.2 AD ratio)
E: 375 Base(2.25 AD ratio)

Renekton's Q is his bread and butter spell, it provides him sustain and damage on a low cooldown(when comparing it to his other spells), however the sustain it provides is mediocre and the cooldown is 8 seconds, as a core ability this should really be something he can spam frequently.

Renekton's E is his primary utility spell, it gives armor shred and is an effective gap closer, it allows him to sweep through waves of minions with ease. The issue with it is that choosing the armor shred can be unrewarding if you fail to land your first E.

Suggestion A: Lower his Q's CD to 10/9/7/5/3 seconds and lower the base damage by a bit(keep the ratios the same), increase the healing to 40% as the ability will deal less damage, thus less sustain. The purpose of these changes is to make his Q the "I need health right NOW!" spell or the "I need to generate fury quickly" spells. Both of which will help fill his role of a caster more.

Suggestion B: Split his E's armor shred in half, give one half of it to his 1st portion, and the remainder for his second portion, make the charged E shred 25% more to make it more fulfilling, also increase the dash distance, allowing him to make the decision to escape from a sticky situation a lot easier.

Using Renekton's W punishes him; currently Renekton's W locks him in place, often when facing champions who build Merc Threads Renekton's self stun will last longer than the stun Renekton places on them, this is a well known issue with an easy fix.
Suggestion: Speed up the animation or his W to be instant or just remove it altogether and make it a "heavy" auto attack.

NOTE: I'm not saying all these should be implemented together, my third suggestion coupled along with my first would make Renekton insanely OP, however my first, second, and fourth together would be fairly balanced and would make Renekton a great competitive pick.

Great post man!!! I really hope Morello is reading some of these ideas that have continued to be posted every idea will not be used but at least each idea will lead to some final solutions for renenkton.

00Rathiel00

05-22-2012

Quote:
Sachel Page:
Great post man!!! I really hope Morello is reading some of these ideas that have continued to be posted every idea will not be used but at least each idea will lead to some final solutions for renenkton.

lol dream on, bro
It would be great but... i don't think we are getting a lot of attention from reds

00Rathiel00

05-22-2012

Quote:
wtfomgzomg:
just give him better late game scaling, compered to picks like olaf, jax,riven,irelia,ww renekton's late game is trash, just seems like his cooldowns are 20% too long and his dps isnt quite enough, people who say he is ok dont see whole picture, yes he is dominant early in lane (still has quite a few hard counters) but it really is discouraging when you crush your lane and still lose because game lasted long enough that your counter part suddenly become twice as useful in team fight as you.

It's so easy to see Rene is underpowered that i can't take seriously anyone saying he's a POWERFUL champ.

Just take a full equipped Renekton and compare him with any other full equipped figther. The poor croc will lose in most, if not all, of those comparisons/fights.

00Rathiel00

05-22-2012

Bumping for croc justice

Sachel Page

05-22-2012

Once again so much for any renekton retool or rework this all he gets laughable!!!

Renekton

Cull the Meek's fury-enhanced swipe trail is now properly red

Kayote

05-22-2012

Anything the red's ask goes into a pipeline. Don't expect things to imediately happen. The fact that Morello even posted in here means that he's collecting feedback and figuring out what's best to do. Ren's at a tedious spot. He's a strong laner that simply needs a few tweaks in the right areas. Do it wrong and he'll either be over powered or under powered from his current state. Give it time man, give it time.

MisterMoogle

05-22-2012

They should make more cooldown item.

My tanky ad build disregarding the cooldown boots as it make you less tanky for your team.
[boots] [armor] [health] [magic resistance] [attack damage] [lantern](for early game.)
Ghostblade won't fit in and even if it did, you do less damage.
Why not atmas? Atmas make you have slightly more damage, but squishy and have long cooldown which is quite useless.