Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hidari Shotaro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Riven is an AD Caster.


Anyways. All criticisms towards Renekton can pretty much be summed up as "his Passive is vanilla". He's a good champion, his Passive is just really boring and ignored.
she's not so much an ad caster cause she still does a lot of damage with AA thanks to her passive


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Putzfrau

Senior Member

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidari Shotaro View Post
she's not so much an ad caster cause she still does a lot of damage with AA thanks to her passive
And her ult gives her a massive ad steroid, that combined with her passive makes her autos hurt, even if she isn't a yi-type aa champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidari Shotaro View Post
she's not so much an ad caster cause she still does a lot of damage with AA thanks to her passive
ALL AD casters can deal noticeable damage with their AA's. Renekton's Passive is supposed to encourage AA even if it's a totally stupid Passive. Urgot's actually does a lot of damage if anyone get's too close to him, but obviously you're supposed to Q and E spam in battle unless they intentionally walk up to you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Putzfrau

Senior Member

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
ALL AD casters can deal noticeable damage with their AA's. Renekton's Passive is supposed to encourage AA even if it's a totally stupid Passive. Urgot's actually does a lot of damage if anyone get's too close to him, but obviously you're supposed to Q and E spam in battle unless they intentionally walk up to you.
Riven hs two insane ad steroids. Renek does not. Riven is going to do more damage with auto attacks and if you ignore them she is terrible. Auto attacking is not a primary component of reneks kit. Pre six you pool fury until you want to trade. Post six you use ult anytime you are committing to a fight, making the fury gain From his autos irrelevant.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
Riven hs two insane ad steroids. Renek does not. Riven is going to do more damage with auto attacks and if you ignore them she is terrible. Auto attacking is not a primary component of reneks kit. Pre six you pool fury until you want to trade. Post six you use ult anytime you are committing to a fight, making the fury gain From his autos irrelevant.
That's where the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
even if it's a totally stupid Passive.

part comes from...and why I agree that his Passive needs to be reworked into something less laughable despite him being a powerful champion to begin with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-19-2012

Renekton could use a few minor Quality of Life boosts, but I think he is generally in a good state. He sees play in all tiers of play and is picked in competitive games. Honestly, I think we should wait to re-evaluate him once the new AD caster item comes out. When he gets an AD item with CDR besides Brutalizer / Ghostblade it should really open him up a bit more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayote

Senior Member

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I agree we could do some work to make him more fun - that's fine. I think his balance is pretty good, but some tweaks that make him be a better play experience is something I'm open to.
I'm glad to hear it.

I'd suggest looking for changes to his passive and his Slice and Dice. These are the two areas that either don't work or are just completely shadowed by other things.

His higher fury regen at a lower health is not even worth it. His cooldowns are too high to take advantage of it to the point that he's either dead or won the fight to make use of it.

Then there is his Slice and Dice furied. His other abilities overshadow it by far. There is no reason to lower armor when I could instead do another attack or do a more powerful attack with better lifesteal.

if you could somehow get it so he could generate fury outside of hitting things it would be awesome.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgileAsAMonkey View Post
people trash-talk to much about renekton.

Is he good/viable/tier 1 solo top. Yes.Yes.Yes
Does he fall late game? Yes. Like all ad caster
Riven, Pantheon and Talon are AD casters who do not fall off late game.

Actually I'm struggling to remember AD casters having bad late game other than Renekton and Garen.

Ofc we have Hecarim but he is weak thru whole game (or maybe simply underrated)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Putzfrau

Senior Member

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayote View Post
I'm glad to hear it.

I'd suggest looking for changes to his passive and his Slice and Dice. These are the two areas that either don't work or are just completely shadowed by other things.

His higher fury regen at a lower health is not even worth it. His cooldowns are too high to take advantage of it to the point that he's either dead or won the fight to make use of it.

Then there is his Slice and Dice furied. His other abilities overshadow it by far. There is no reason to lower armor when I could instead do another attack or do a more powerful attack with better lifesteal.

if you could somehow get it so he could generate fury outside of hitting things it would be awesome.
Nope. Using your rage for dice is a larger dps increase most of the time over q or w


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Putzfrau

Senior Member

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draydan View Post
Riven, Pantheon and Talon are AD casters who do not fall off late game.

Actually I'm struggling to remember AD casters having bad late game cept Renekton and Garen.
Talon is not great late game. He becomes too easy to shut down and cc and can't reliably get the burst off. He's also a niche pick anyways.

Pantheon also falls off as he loses his ability to gib people during a stun.

Riven doesn't fall off because she has not one, but two ad steroids that allow her to remain relevant late game. One of the reasons a pure ad build is viable on her, but not on most other top lane champs