Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

solidfake

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFire666 View Post
He needs a nerf.. not a buff.. At the moment he can solo lane top against 2 other players and win easily.\

If you're having problems with him, it's because YOU suck. Not the champion.

Therefore he will be left alone. Now do the world a favor and close this stupid thread.
Actually what you just said sounds exactly like YOU suck playing against him, and does have nothing todo with the champion.

But this is just a prime example how people react if you talk about a champion they don't like playing against, they will just do everything in their might to make this one champion useless, even if that means bringing up completely unlogic arguments and most of the time not even knowing themselves how the characters current state is atm.

Most of these people don't even read through the suggestions I put together, they only see "Renekon" and "help" and they immediately think that people want Renekton to get op again. This lack of attention and hypocrisy makes me a very very sad crocodile

epaR sbooN

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm short on time right now, and I know there's some "give Renekton some love" threads, but he gets used a reasonable amount in tourney and high-elo play. Other than new build options (which is fun for any character), I don't see what we need to do here.
he doesnt need anything theres just too many ppl dat love playing renekton and ofc they will make it up for buffs in every way becouse they main it

solidfake

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by epaR sbooN View Post
he doesnt need anything theres just too many ppl dat love playing renekton and ofc they will make it up for buffs in every way becouse they main it
or maybe, theses people who main the crocodile actually have a better understanding of him than people like you who only play against him, have you ever thought about this possibility?

I doubt it.

Kayote

05-18-2012

Ren needs changes. Not nerfs, not buffs. Just changes to make him be able to come back if dominated in a lane.

His passive is worthless, why? Because his massive cooldowns. By the time you can use your better generated fury you're dead or you've won and don't need it. Something more geared to CDR or attack speed would help him more.

There is no reason to fury Slice and Dice. His other moves are pretty potent and important to fury. Slice and dice... not so much. The armor debuff isn't noticeable because Slice and Dice is usually the last skill any Ren player will put points into. On top of that the damage output of a furied Q or W is simply surpass the armor reduction. Again, something based around CDR or Attack speed would be better.

Then there is the losing lane. If Ren loses a lane he has no power on his own to come back and is completely dependant on a jungler to help him. This is slightly based on a serious lack of itemization and life steal items that are cheap and good for him to use in lane. It's also based on the fact that if Ren can't get fury he's a pretty pathetic champ.

Those are his problems. He's a powerful and highly mobile champ it will be hard to change anything about him without buffing him back to his unkillable state in his first patch or nerfing him back to release.

Honestly I think the best thing to do to Slice and Dice is with fury allow you to dice without slicing someone.

Revered Heretic

05-18-2012

Renek is my main and forsure my favorite bruiser, he doesnt need a buff really just some sort of tweak to his passive

BetaDecay

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm short on time right now, and I know there's some "give Renekton some love" threads, but he gets used a reasonable amount in tourney and high-elo play. Other than new build options (which is fun for any character), I don't see what we need to do here.
Fix his stun animation so he doesn't get stuned for the same duration.

solidfake

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticspine View Post
Renek is my main and forsure my favorite bruiser, he doesnt need a buff really just some sort of tweak to his passive
that's all I hope for

Ozbirta

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachel Page View Post
We appreciate your reply as always Morello. But to say "I don't see what we need to do here" does not make a lot of sense. Renekton is broken. His passive leaves little to be desired. His W actually stuns himself versus stunning the enemy for same duration of time basically. And also his cooldowns are just to varied for his play style. His use and handling of fury is outdated. Renekton is not the feared solo top many think he is.
Watch VoyBoy play him. Just because you can't perform with him, utilizing your negative w/l in normal and ranked, doesn't mean that he is subpar. I agree with the point on W "stunning yourself", definitely not cool. It's the reason malz is in such a bad spot. Renekton's is better than Malz's, and at least it isn't his ult!

Quote:
I don't know what tourney you have watched personally in the past or recently. But I and many have not seen a renekton carry in a tourney as many of the quote FOTM top laners have and this has been over time. The only reason renekton getting play is Wickd has played him. I ask you this Morello if there is a $100,000 on the line would you play with renekton game 3 of a best of 3 as your solo top champ? So again I guess we renekton players are at a crossroads in that this myth about him will continue.
I'm confused about this one. Renek is played at 2k+ quite often, and even in tourneys. Asking if Morello would play Renekton in a best of 3 for money?? If he says no, it means Renekton isn't his #1 out of 97 champs... is there honestly a problem with this answer? Why does Renek have to be the absolute best champ in the game?

Quote:
Again thank you for your time as always it's greatly appreciated and also we thank you for allowing us to voice our opinions.
Paraphrase: "Now that I insulted your intelligence, and called you a flat-out liar, I will throw in an obligatory kudos so as to not receive downvotes."

Well-played.

But in all honesty, watch more high rated streams, or play at a (rated) higher level before you throw out so many opinions on the limit of a champ. It's amazing what more skilled people can do.

solidfake

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watafool View Post
Honestly, I just want his Slice to give him rage when he deals damage with it. If nothing else changes, I think that change will give him more options. That way you could get your rage with 2 abilities, and use it on the third one no matter what order you use them in. As it stands right now, you use your Rutheless Predator and then your Cull the Meek and you have Empowered now, but you're waiting for your CD for your Q or W usually to use it.
That is not a bad suggestion!

One of Renektons main problems is that lategame, he just can't generate enough fury to enhance all his abilities, and without his abilities empowered they deal weaker damage than other bruisers in the same time.

They should maybe completely remove the second ability of Slice&Dice and add a fury generating component instead.

solidfake

05-18-2012

bump!

chop chop :3