Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticSolidor View Post
Give him a useful passive. His ult generates rage AND gives him health. Ulting basically combats his own passive. Also, make him more viable late game. He honestly just becomes a stun late game.
Meanwhile, Pantheon, who is sitting across the hall reading a newspaper, glances up and rolls his eyes.

ElMage21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2012

Moar bump for Morello answer

solidfake

05-18-2012

bump! chop chop :3

Keirndmo

05-18-2012

I support with carnage!

Mutant Diplomacy

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm short on time right now, and I know there's some "give Renekton some love" threads, but he gets used a reasonable amount in tourney and high-elo play. Other than new build options (which is fun for any character), I don't see what we need to do here.
You keep changing your mind.

Last time you said: "Renekton could use some help - though I may want to go slightly crazier and give him bigger moments based on Fury. I think it's a little "flat" right now, so we could definitely do some things here."

sweet teemotion

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMage21 View Post
Pretty clear for me.
Renekton early is outstanding.
Renekton late is bad, unless you snowball SO hard that there is not a lategame.
Players who ask for renek buff cry on these facts.
Therefore: Slightly nerf Renek early, Slightly buff Renek Late. And FFS give him a real passive.

Edit: In fact, you can forget about the nerf/buff and just give him a passive and i will start to play my favorite champ again.
Why does everyone on GD think that every champion should have the same scaling???

Newsflash: They don't, and they shouldn't. I don't want a nerfed Leblanc early game and buffed late game. I don't want everyone to fit along the same clean curve. There are early game champs and late game champs FOR A REASON. That reason is it gives you the freedom to choose how you want to play. Don't want to take a gamble on an early game champ, THEN DON'T! That's YOUR right. But don't take that away from everyone else because you want everything homogenized for you.

NightFire666

05-18-2012

He needs a nerf.. not a buff.. At the moment he can solo lane top against 2 other players and win easily.\

If you're having problems with him, it's because YOU suck. Not the champion.

Therefore he will be left alone. Now do the world a favor and close this stupid thread.

solidfake

05-18-2012

Hey guys!

I just added another suggestion by zankuro14!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2128753

Furi0usJ

05-18-2012

My main problem is that when I look at Renekton I see a giant, bloodthirsty, killer crocodile with a giant bladed weapon.

I then think "Oh yah, this guy is gonna be awesome and his play will feel EPIC"

Then, I play him. And it's not that he's terrible. Not that he's unplayable. He can lane top and do 'okay' - i.e. he stays alive until 6 vs most tops so that he can have a little fun, then falls off dramatically mid-late game.

But...he doesn't feel particularly good at anything, or particularly fun.

His play often feels flat, and unrewarding. You take risks, you dive through enemies and minions, and feel like you should be doing some serious damage by taking that risk. But, you don't - not really.

Honestly, I don't know what he needs, but I know what I want: When I play Renekton I want it to FEEL like I'm playing the character that I'm seeing. Fun. Aggressive. Dangerous. Risky.

And...it just ends up feeling kind of boring and uninspiring.

Watafool

05-18-2012

Honestly, I just want his Slice to give him rage when he deals damage with it. If nothing else changes, I think that change will give him more options. That way you could get your rage with 2 abilities, and use it on the third one no matter what order you use them in. As it stands right now, you use your Rutheless Predator and then your Cull the Meek and you have Empowered now, but you're waiting for your CD for your Q or W usually to use it.