Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

05-17-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I'm short on time right now, and I know there's some "give Renekton some love" threads, but he gets used a reasonable amount in tourney and high-elo play. Other than new build options (which is fun for any character), I don't see what we need to do here.

Erotic Asphyxia

Recruiter

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm short on time right now, and I know there's some "give Renekton some love" threads, but he gets used a reasonable amount in tourney and high-elo play. Other than new build options (which is fun for any character), I don't see what we need to do here.
Give him an actually useful passive for that seems fitting. Extra fury gain when low hp is nice and all but what about something with a little utility? Nothing too crazy... really I think that's all he needs.

ElMage21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

Quote:
Pretty clear for me.
Renekton early is outstanding.
Renekton late is bad, unless you snowball SO hard that there is not a lategame.
Players who ask for renek buff cry on these facts.
Therefore: Slightly nerf Renek early, Slightly buff Renek Late. And FFS give him a real passive.

Edit: In fact, you can forget about the nerf/buff and just give him a passive and i will start to play my favorite champ again.

Mirror

05-17-2012

Quote:
Xypherous suggested more impactful Fury use-cases, particularly a reason to want to Dice (E, part 2) with Fury.

And really, unless you're on the brink of dying, you don't want your Fury consumed on Q, either. And sometimes, even when you need as much healing as you can get, you'd still rather use it for W's extra stun duration.

I do agree with the person below me, though, that future (and long-awaited) AD/CDR and AD/vamp itemization would mean a lot for Renekton as well.

solidfake

05-17-2012

Quote:
Yay, a response form Morello himself!

He got used recently in tournaments, but that doesn't ensure that he is fine. The only reason he gets used is because of his strong early game and how he can counter specific champions (hello, irelia) in the top lane. But compared to them he falls off so much lategame, you have to win the game early with him, or it will inevitably backfire to you and your team.

He could need a bit help for his really weak lategame, there are dozens of suggestions that change his strong early game in no way but would be a great help to keep up with other bruisers in lategame, I linked to them in the main post, be sure to read through some of them if you have the time!

I highly anticipate the new ad-caster item! I can understand if Riot wants to wait for it to see how it will ultimately work out for Renekton, bad itemization is after all one of the reasons for his bad lategame.

chop chop :3

Surprise Buk Sex

05-17-2012

Quote:
Please please don't buff Ren, he is more than fine right now

Sachel Page

05-17-2012

Quote:

We appreciate your reply as always Morello. But to say "I don't see what we need to do here" does not make a lot of sense. Renekton is broken. His passive leaves little to be desired. His W actually stuns himself versus stunning the enemy for same duration of time basically. And also his cooldowns are just to varied for his play style. His use and handling of fury is outdated. Renekton is not the feared solo top many think he is.

I don't know what tourney you have watched personally in the past or recently. But I and many have not seen a renekton carry in a tourney as many of the quote FOTM top laners have and this has been over time. The only reason renekton getting play is Wickd has played him. I ask you this Morello if there is a $100,000 on the line would you play with renekton game 3 of a best of 3 as your solo top champ? So again I guess we renekton players are at a crossroads in that this myth about him will continue.

Again thank you for your time as always it's greatly appreciated and also we thank you for allowing us to voice our opinions.

SirLanik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

The problem is, how would you buff his late game without making him stronger earlier? He is exceptionally strong early/mid game right now.

solidfake

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniker View Post
The problem is, how would you buff his late game without making him stronger earlier? He is exceptionally strong early/mid game right now.
Have you read through any of the suggestions I linked to in the main post before writing this response?

MrGiraffeington

05-17-2012

Quote:
Give him a useful passive. His ult generates rage AND gives him health. Ulting basically combats his own passive. Also, make him more viable late game. He honestly just becomes a stun late game.