Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

solidfake

05-03-2012

@Sachel-Page: a real alligator never gives up :P

added a new pic by lanmower!

Atreiyu

05-03-2012

I don't think he needs buffs - unless you want to remake him into someone that scales late-game (that's just changing a hero)

He has the tools to dominate and end games early

solidfake

05-03-2012

Quote:
Atreiyu:
I don't think he needs buffs - unless you want to remake him into someone that scales late-game (that's just changing a hero)

Buffing his lategame is what we strive for, we might have not said it explicitly. I see a lot people saying Renekton needs no buff because he is really balanced early-game, and I absolutely agree, but if he doesn't end the game early, he falls very very fast compared to other top bruisers.

Just bumping this before I head to sleep ^^

Sachel Page

05-03-2012

Quote:
solidfake:
@Sachel-Page: a real alligator never gives up :P

added a new pic by lanmower!

Not giving up mostly disappointed in how RIOT does not respond to champion reworks and or ideas postings. Since renekton has been a hot topic as of late only reason wickd plays him some I guess. Or maybe the renekton troll post not sure actually just what I have been seeing. But seeing morello make a comment and we probably won't get another comment in 2012 which is very disappointing to say the least. Numbers don't lie if you look at renekton timeline his base numbers at release vs 3 months after release are very telling biggest one is this his heal being taken from 15% to 5% also his fury heal being taken from 15% to 10% and they wonder why he shouldn't be called a Tanky DPS anymore but AD caster. Also the way renekton gets fury and maintains it is just bad to all those that say he is fine would renekton be your solo top of choice if there was $100,000 prize on the line and you had to pick a solo top to carry your team I think not maybe before RIOT killed him off but not now. So giving up not a chance. Disappointed very much so and personally after seeing various renekton postings closed recently especially post about the recent skin brought forth makes me wonder if RIOT will admit ever that they nerfed renekton to much and also this skin not the best from what I have read and tried out personally. It's almost like RIOT says hey not what you renekton guys want but here is something kinda makes me feel like wow you don't hear us and we get some skin not legendary or very good but something to quiet you guys down just my personal feeling about the skin. I buy it to support the champ I love not because it's a good skin in my opinion. I appreciate the effort in RIOT bringing it forth but to not ignore us would have been much better than the skin itself.

solidfake

05-05-2012

Quote:
Sachel Page:
Not giving up mostly disappointed in how RIOT does not respond to champion reworks and or ideas postings. Since renekton has been a hot topic as of late only reason wickd plays him some I guess. Or maybe the renekton troll post not sure actually just what I have been seeing. But seeing morello make a comment and we probably won't get another comment in 2012 which is very disappointing to say the least. Numbers don't lie if you look at renekton timeline his base numbers at release vs 3 months after release are very telling biggest one is this his heal being taken from 15% to 5% also his fury heal being taken from 15% to 10% and they wonder why he shouldn't be called a Tanky DPS anymore but AD caster. Also the way renekton gets fury and maintains it is just bad to all those that say he is fine would renekton be your solo top of choice if there was $100,000 prize on the line and you had to pick a solo top to carry your team I think not maybe before RIOT killed him off but not now. So giving up not a chance. Disappointed very much so and personally after seeing various renekton postings closed recently especially post about the recent skin brought forth makes me wonder if RIOT will admit ever that they nerfed renekton to much and also this skin not the best from what I have read and tried out personally. It's almost like RIOT says hey not what you renekton guys want but here is something kinda makes me feel like wow you don't hear us and we get some skin not legendary or very good but something to quiet you guys down just my personal feeling about the skin. I buy it to support the champ I love not because it's a good skin in my opinion. I appreciate the effort in RIOT bringing it forth but to not ignore us would have been much better than the skin itself.

First, the skin development does have nothing todo with the balancing state of a champion (except eve/twitch maybe), your idea that they pushed out a skin so people don't request a nerf doesn't succeed, because they also pushed out skins for champions when they nerfed them, buffed them, or did absolutely nothing to them.

Second, I know why Riot did not do anything to Renekton yet.
The sad truth is, that they are afraid of him. Renekton is like his buddy Xin-Zhao part of a champion design that Riot tries to avoid since they started with it: Snowball champs.
Riot already said that they won't change just some of Xin-Zhaos base stats/spells otherwise he might become a snowballer again, and even though they didn't say it explicitly, Renekton is in the same problematic area.
With Renekton is probably even worse, because he is in a really balanced area atm, all he needs is a better lategame. Morello meant that he wants to go even further and increase his overall fury mechanics, to feel more fluid.
I believe him, but I also doubt that such a thing comes out anytime soon, because giving Renekton better usability without turning him into another snowball machine is everything but easy.

Anyway, what I want to say, crying doesn't help. You can either cry in every single of your posts how Riot ignores you and pledge, or you actually use that space in a formally manner and try to inform people about Renektons real state.
This thread was never meant to be a "QQ Riot, where art thou buffs!?" thread, I made this thread to collect ideas, Renekton players and to keep non-Renekton players and Riot informed about it.

Sachel Page

05-05-2012

Quote:
solidfake:
First, the skin development does have nothing todo with the balancing state of a champion (except eve/twitch maybe), your idea that they pushed out a skin so people don't request a nerf doesn't succeed, because they also pushed out skins for champions when they nerfed them, buffed them, or did absolutely nothing to them.

Second, I know why Riot did not do anything to Renekton yet.
The sad truth is, that they are afraid of him. Renekton is like his buddy Xin-Zhao part of a champion design that Riot tries to avoid since they started with it: Snowball champs.
Riot already said that they won't change just some of Xin-Zhaos base stats/spells otherwise he might become a snowballer again, and even though they didn't say it explicitly, Renekton is in the same problematic area.
With Renekton is probably even worse, because he is in a really balanced area atm, all he needs is a better lategame. Morello meant that he wants to go even further and increase his overall fury mechanics, to feel more fluid.
I believe him, but I also doubt that such a thing comes out anytime soon, because giving Renekton better usability without turning him into another snowball machine is everything but easy.

Anyway, what I want to say, crying doesn't help. You can either cry in every single of your posts how Riot ignores you and pledge, or you actually use that space in a formally manner and try to inform people about Renektons real state.
This thread was never meant to be a "QQ Riot, where art thou buffs!?" thread, I made this thread to collect ideas, Renekton players and to keep non-Renekton players and Riot informed about it.

I and many really appreciate your replies as always solid. But to say it's not right for one to express there opinions is not good. I have always been civil in my postings. But facts are facts. Renekton is not fine and to those that say he is it's either they don't play him or just maybe they see his early game as so dominate that all other aspects don't matter about him. I have made several post about renekton in my short time on these forums never have I been disrespectful or vulgar in my opinions but again to not say anything when we as players are not happy is not good. If we don't speak out what's on our minds RIOT won't know what we are feeling. We can talk numbers, opinions as to why this was done or why nothing has been done. The fact remains renekton has major issues. To make comparison to other champs is pointless. I say that because if he's in such a hard place then the possibility of them doing anything is zero. I say it again the morello statement to me is mute at this point. If what you say is true and I agree it is. Then renekton is the way he is and that's that. I think players could accept that if a statement was posted were not doing anything with a certain champ and that's final. We could accept that but the not knowing always wondering coming up with ideas and concerns that seem to just fade away. That right there is very frustrating to all renekton players novice and vets alike.

Fashbinder

05-05-2012

Justice

Iron Tyranno

05-06-2012

Any word on the AD caster item? Renekon also suffers from bad itemization don't forget he's very limited. Bump

Charga

05-06-2012

Quote:
solidfake:
Buffing his lategame is what we strive for, we might have not said it explicitly. I see a lot people saying Renekton needs no buff because he is really balanced early-game, and I absolutely agree, but if he doesn't end the game early, he falls very very fast compared to other top bruisers.

Just bumping this before I head to sleep ^^

He is fine as he is. If you want a late game buff then his early game needs to be nerfed in return.

solidfake

05-06-2012

Quote:
Sachel Page:
I and many really appreciate your replies as always solid. But to say it's not right for one to express there opinions is not good. I have always been civil in my postings.

I'm sorry, I never wanted to make enemies, for sure you are free to express whatever opinion you have. I just wanted to say that I don't believe that questioning Riot's views will speed up the process.

Quote:
Alloran123:
Any word on the AD caster item? Renekon also suffers from bad itemization don't forget he's very limited. Bump

There was quite some talk in the past, and from what rumors we heard, Riot will release a new ad-caster item in the future.
When however, stands only in the stars, it seems that it is already in the works, if I'd have to guess I'd say it will need at least another two patches until it gets officially announced.