Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IIZekoII

04-14-2012

make E reduce armor without the need of fury on the first "slice" and give it a bonus effect if you hit with 50+fury like gainning mov speed or something. => renekton now have a late game.

lol I died again

04-14-2012

RAK WRAITHRAISER SKlN WHERE

Sachel Page

04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol I died again View Post
RAK WRAITHRAISER SKlN WHERE

O!!!! Hopefully Rene will get a new skin would be nice!!!

Jazman84

04-15-2012

So I made this post in another thread, thought this might be the right audience:

I have some very original ideas on how to apply some QoL changes while retaining the original design philosophy.

Cull the Meek:

A bit backwards in design for mine. Heal isn't anything to write home about, when empowered or not/on champs or minions. This needs a look I think, It almost makes me wish the balance of the heal was shifted to damage.

Ruthless Predator:
In the past players have suggested that W should function more like Dragon's bite, where it will instantly perform the second/third attacks rather than self-snare Renekton. But I am against a change like that because I really like the 2-3 brutal swings, and the "RAAGH-RAAGH-RAAGH" noise he makes, any faster would make it feel somewhat weaked TBH.
However, like many others I believe the self-snare is just archaic design. I'd suggest that the only portion of the animation where Renekton pauses is the 1st swing, just like any standard attack animation, the other 1 or 2 can be completed while moving.
As for the stun, I believe it occurs at the 1/2 way point of the animation. This is silly because 1: A spell you are attempting to interrupt may still be cast between the 1st attack landing and the stun activation and 2: the stun won't last beyond the last strike. The stun should begin upon the 1st swing, and the duration should last the entirety of the ability, and remain for however long it currently does after the final swing.

Ruthless Predator 2:
An even cooler way of tinkering with it that I came up with though; would be to have it behave similar in a way to Riven's Q/Fiora's Q etc. Where your next attack will stun your target, however it may be activated again in a small window after the 1st before incurring a CD, and if Empowered, your next 3 attacks. Each attack would inflict 1/2-1/3 of the stun duration, depending on Fury. Obviously there will need to be some kind of mechanic that, after an empowered W has been cast, it will not allow other empowered abilities to be cast until W is on CD (unless @ 100 Fury). This version could have 2 options really, one where it would have a similar quality to Udyr where he can stun multiple targets when he switches to them, or simply refresh/reapply the stun on his initial target and increase the damage on other targets beyond the 1st.

Slice and Dice:
To generate Fury when it deals damage to Champs. It is pretty clear why it shouldn't on minions, however it would pretty much negate the need to address his Fury generation elsewhere.
As for Empowered Dice, it isn't worth spending Fury on. The best thing IMO would be for it to generate more Fury rather than consume it, only if and when Slice hits a Champ. This rewards aggressive play.

Dominus
It would be really cool if there was an empowered version of this ability, perhaps a mini-Atmas effect where a % of health is converted to AD?

What do you think?

Sachel Page

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazman84 View Post
So I made this post in another thread, thought this might be the right audience:

I have some very original ideas on how to apply some QoL changes while retaining the original design philosophy.

Cull the Meek:

A bit backwards in design for mine. Heal isn't anything to write home about, when empowered or not/on champs or minions. This needs a look I think, It almost makes me wish the balance of the heal was shifted to damage.

Ruthless Predator:
In the past players have suggested that W should function more like Dragon's bite, where it will instantly perform the second/third attacks rather than self-snare Renekton. But I am against a change like that because I really like the 2-3 brutal swings, and the "RAAGH-RAAGH-RAAGH" noise he makes, any faster would make it feel somewhat weaked TBH.
However, like many others I believe the self-snare is just archaic design. I'd suggest that the only portion of the animation where Renekton pauses is the 1st swing, just like any standard attack animation, the other 1 or 2 can be completed while moving.
As for the stun, I believe it occurs at the 1/2 way point of the animation. This is silly because 1: A spell you are attempting to interrupt may still be cast between the 1st attack landing and the stun activation and 2: the stun won't last beyond the last strike. The stun should begin upon the 1st swing, and the duration should last the entirety of the ability, and remain for however long it currently does after the final swing.

Ruthless Predator 2:
An even cooler way of tinkering with it that I came up with though; would be to have it behave similar in a way to Riven's Q/Fiora's Q etc. Where your next attack will stun your target, however it may be activated again in a small window after the 1st before incurring a CD, and if Empowered, your next 3 attacks. Each attack would inflict 1/2-1/3 of the stun duration, depending on Fury. Obviously there will need to be some kind of mechanic that, after an empowered W has been cast, it will not allow other empowered abilities to be cast until W is on CD (unless @ 100 Fury). This version could have 2 options really, one where it would have a similar quality to Udyr where he can stun multiple targets when he switches to them, or simply refresh/reapply the stun on his initial target and increase the damage on other targets beyond the 1st.

Slice and Dice:
To generate Fury when it deals damage to Champs. It is pretty clear why it shouldn't on minions, however it would pretty much negate the need to address his Fury generation elsewhere.
As for Empowered Dice, it isn't worth spending Fury on. The best thing IMO would be for it to generate more Fury rather than consume it, only if and when Slice hits a Champ. This rewards aggressive play.

Dominus
It would be really cool if there was an empowered version of this ability, perhaps a mini-Atmas effect where a % of health is converted to AD?

What do you think?

Great ideas but as we have hoped as renekton players RIOT never responds. This post has been around for months nothing from RIOT or Morello so maybe renekton on the same desk along with stealth rework perhaps.

HybridF

04-16-2012

Bump.

Kayote

04-16-2012

Really the only thing I think needs fixed on him is his passive and Slice and Dice. His passive is down right worthless. His cooldowns are so long that by the time you hit 30% you're gonna die before you can make use of the fury generation.

His slice and dice feels terrible to hit empowred. The other two are just so much vastly superior to fury over it that there is no reason to empower SnD.

I'd like his passive to work more like Shy's that slow fury gain even when you aren't attacking something. This lets you still do stuff even if you are just being bullied out of your lane by either a 2v1 or just someone who has out played you. It would solve a lot of his problems if he starts losing his lane. Because Ren is an all or nothing character he either hard wins his lane or is playing catch up the rest of the game.

As for SnD either take out that it can be empowered or work it so that it's on the level of his other empowered spells. Something like reducing the cooldown of his other spells ala Zilian style or making his next attack do more damage, or make his next ability furied. It really needs to be on par to make it worth the want to do it.

Don't change Ruthless Predator it's his bread and butter move. It hits like a truck in the early levels and changing anything about it like reducing the time you're animationed stunned will most likely mean that Ren will get level 1 and level 2 kills and be hard nerfed to Eve level. It's fine where it is.

As for Cull I've seen it as it was. I know how it is now. I can't see changing it back without it causing problem. Maybe a middle ground?

Bimbojoness

04-17-2012

bumpy!

Sachel Page

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayote View Post
Really the only thing I think needs fixed on him is his passive and Slice and Dice. His passive is down right worthless. His cooldowns are so long that by the time you hit 30% you're gonna die before you can make use of the fury generation.

His slice and dice feels terrible to hit empowred. The other two are just so much vastly superior to fury over it that there is no reason to empower SnD.

I'd like his passive to work more like Shy's that slow fury gain even when you aren't attacking something. This lets you still do stuff even if you are just being bullied out of your lane by either a 2v1 or just someone who has out played you. It would solve a lot of his problems if he starts losing his lane. Because Ren is an all or nothing character he either hard wins his lane or is playing catch up the rest of the game.

As for SnD either take out that it can be empowered or work it so that it's on the level of his other empowered spells. Something like reducing the cooldown of his other spells ala Zilian style or making his next attack do more damage, or make his next ability furied. It really needs to be on par to make it worth the want to do it.

Don't change Ruthless Predator it's his bread and butter move. It hits like a truck in the early levels and changing anything about it like reducing the time you're animationed stunned will most likely mean that Ren will get level 1 and level 2 kills and be hard nerfed to Eve level. It's fine where it is.

As for Cull I've seen it as it was. I know how it is now. I can't see changing it back without it causing problem. Maybe a middle ground?

Great ideas guys keep them coming and again thank you solidfake for such a great post on renekton!!!!

TommiTommi

04-17-2012

any update on this thread/? OP ?