Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redwarz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

Morello said the item in the patch right now is not the AD Caster item he was referring to.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post22124978

Panwar

03-17-2012

Morello actually has a post on this somewhere saying that Maw isn't the AD-caster item that he was speaking of, and that he misspoke saying that it was coming out this patch. There is another post from solcrushed(I think his name is) saying that when they do make an AD-caster item it will be built off of Brutilizer.

/shen'd

But I don't see why you think AD-caster somehow conflicts with bruiser. One is a description of his role and the other is a description of how he carries his role out.

Nautilus is an AP-caster and a tank, Talon is an AD-caster and an assassin, Renekton is an AD-caster and a bruiser.

You basically have AP-casters, AD-casters and auto-attackers. And those three types of champs make up the various roles; tanks, assasins, mages, carries, support, bruisers.

solidfake

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwarz View Post
Morello said the item in the patch right now is not the AD Caster item he was referring to.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post22124978
How I read this is that we get an item this patch which is not the ad-caster item, and the ad-caster item he spoke of is that stupid Maw bull****?

I say it again, Renekton was not designed as a bruiser, he was only forced into the bruiser role due to missing itemisation.
The problem is, there are no good items (with brutalizer being the only one) that give you cdr and damage, Renekton is forced to gain as much cd-reduc he can, but he can't get cdr and damage and defense at the same time, because there are no proper items for it.

The general lack of ad-caster items is not items which give you damage and health, that are bruiser items and we have way too many of them already, the lack of items are items that give you damage and cdr. That would be an ad-caster item, and nothing else.
If it doesn't include even 5% cdr reduction, then it is no ad-caster item, it is a bruiser item.

The thing is that bruisers aren't dependant of cdr. Go Gangplank, build your bruiser items, you don't need a single % cdr in it, and you have dozens of items to build that way.
Renekton was designed to get items with cooldown reduction, but he can't, because either there are not enough or he does have to neglect other important stats like defense and attack damage for it.

xArchimonde

03-17-2012

OP lS MISINFORMED

ReapersKreed

03-17-2012

Ye, I forgot, it's not like we don't have already thousands and dozens of bruiser items
/thread

RBeckham

03-17-2012

I think it's premature to be so upset.

Bloodthirster's getting it's lifesteal nerfed, but it's still one of the better raw AD items in the game. Since it only loses half its stacks on death instead of all of them, I see this as being a much more attractive item on Renekton now. And even as an AD champ, lifesteal does help Ren sustain a lot with last hits and Ruthless Predator.

MoM (ugh), gives Hexdrinker a much needed upgrade, which is one of the core reasons I always neglected the item. Bonus AD on missing health synergizes greatly in a late game team fight, especially with the ult active, making one Cull the Meek significantly stronger near death. Further, this also synergizes with his weak passive bonus of fury generation at low health.

Give it some time to see if this stuff works out. I mean, none of this is hurting Ren and frankly, he can be terrifying when he dashes in, stacks Black Cleaver on the carry with his stun and nukes the group down.

Satarrus

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckham View Post
Bloodthirster's getting it's lifesteal nerfed, but it's still one of the better raw AD items in the game. Since it only loses half its stacks on death instead of all of them, I see this as being a much more attractive item on Renekton now. And even as an AD champ, lifesteal does help Ren sustain a lot with last hits and Ruthless Predator.
The Bloodthirstier change is irrelevant as far as Renekton is concerned, i can't remember the last time i've seen a croc get it or even the last time i used it myself on him.

Chances are, if you find yourself in a position to use Bloodthirstier on Ren, you probably already won that game / you and your team are so far ahead you could build a deathcap for ulti lulz and still win anyway.

Conncept

03-17-2012

There is an AD caster item coming, this just isn't it and it's not coming this patch like Morello hoped (and stated) it would.

Sachel Page

03-17-2012

bump

solidfake

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satarrus View Post
Chances are, if you find yourself in a position to use Bloodthirstier on Ren, you probably already won that game / you and your team are so far ahead you could build a deathcap for ulti lulz and still win anyway.
This is 100% true and one of the most ingelligent things ever said about Renekton and Bloodthirster.
Bloodthirster gives you no defensive stats, so you only get it when you can be sure you need no further defense, aka when you are winning.
Last time i got BT on Renekton I was 16 2 8 if I remember right.
If you are getting focused in teamfights and you know your enemies still can win this, then you don't go BT, you go defensive items like Atmallet to be able to deal any damage at all in teamfights.