Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

solidfake

01-20-2012

bump!

chop chop!

solidfake

01-20-2012

reptillian bump!

solidfake

01-21-2012

bump!

chop chop :3

solidfake

01-21-2012

22.01.2011 Update
I have just added 3(!) new Renekton threads, each of them created in the last 2 days!
This shows clearly, the Renekton players come together, their rage grows stronger with every single new fantastic idea, and soon they will be ready to SLICE INTO RIOTS FACE!
Beware, the croc isn't extinct yet! We won't give up that easy! RIOT, we come at you!
And as long as you don't revive the legendary Crocodile Hunter there is NOTHING that can stop us! So this is your chance, show you appreciation for Renekton players around the world.
Even a crocodile can cry!
(only when they devour their prey though )

Issues/Fixes for Renekton by cavecricket48
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1732125

Renekton's Passive - Ideas by Fracture Eon
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1730311

Renekton: Butchery in the Modern Age (U remade, bro?) by Berk Berkly
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1734485

SerratedBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

I still say let lifesteal stack with cull.

Vomax2

01-22-2012

I posted this a while back, but i figure hell, as long as were having intelligent discussions about renekton might as well throw in my two cents.

"Hello all, Ill try to keep this as simple and cohesive as i can so this can become a nice discussion for our favorite croc

To begin, i just want to say that i main renekton. I know every little intricacy there is to know about him, i play him to death and can most often win solo top. I will gladly admit he has an incredible early game and a very weak late game so for this post i will mainly be focusing on how to fix him late game. Ever since i saw the recent tournament, where Dignitas used him against a Cho'gath top, ive been thinking of ways to improve him and make him a viable and all around good champion.

The biggest issues in my opinion are his fury generation, and his very weak passive.
Its no question that with fury renekton is an absolute monster in the damage department, even late game, without it hed be useless. Yet getting fury mainly requires him to auto-attack (i know you can get fury from abilities, but u generally want those for when it matters since they have long cooldowns) and since hes not an auto attack champ this puts him in a very awkward spot. His passive is no help either, requiring him to be weak in order to gain extra fury. This encourages him to be a suicider like trynd, which he obviously isnt.

Now one of the suggestions that arose is people saying that his passive should make it so the more fury he has the more attack speed/damage/lifesteal he has. I strongly disagree with this as it gives the player incentive to not use up his fury, as theyll lose the bonus. Renekton is all about using his fury; no fury, no damage. Trynd needs to keep his fury full in order to do damage and using it to heal is purely for emergencies.

Here are my suggestions for making renekton viable:

1. Reign of Fury: Permanent fury
A team fight breaks out, and you have zero fury, you pop your ult and go in and swing. You either do minimal damage or have to wait a second or two to generate some fury only to blow it in one ability. Now imagine Renekton (LATE GAME) that either always had 50 fury, or even 40, where empowering your abilities would be no hassle. This would not only fix renektons damage output late game, but would actually give him a role other than damage soak/stunbot. After all, he is a dangerous Croc with endless fury.

Now this could obviously become very overpowered if not balanced properly, so some of the ways they could go about implementing this would be:

-Farming minions grants renekton permanent fury up to a cap. The only issue here is that since he can farm minions so easily he could become very overpowered early game. It would have to be something along the lines of, "every 5 minions kills renekton gains 1 permanent fury, up to a maximum of 30/40/50."

-Permanent fury is time based. This is more reasonable as it allows his "reign of fury" to grow with time regardless of the situation. This would allow for easier balancing as well as make it work in dominion. Example "Every 1 minute Renekton gains 2 permanent fury up to a maximum of 30/40/50."

2. Additional bonuses when his abilities are on cooldown

Lets be honest, Renekton has extremely long cooldowns and not buying cooldown reduction items is like shooting yourself in the foot. When Renekton 'blows his load' in a teamfight, he basically has to sit there and suck his thumb while the clock ticks.

This is no bueno, so lets see how something like this could benefit him:

(Note: these are only vague suggestions just to give you an idea. Implementing one or all would help alot)
-Reign of Fury: "...While 1/2/3, of Renektons abilities are on Cooldown, He gains X% attack damage/ movement speed/ lifesteal/ etc."

-Cull the Meek: "...While this ability is on cooldown, Renekton gains X% lifesteal/health regen/ etc."

-Ruthless Predator: "...While this ability is on cooldown, Renekton gains X% MR/Armor/tenacity/etc."

-Slice n' Dice: "... While this ability is on cooldown, Renekton gains X% movement speed/attack speed/ etc."

-Dominus: Since this is an Ult it would have no benefit for being on CD.

3. Dominus gives extra benefits

While many consider his ult to be fine, when compared to say Nasus, its rather lacking. 600 health, fury generation, 100 aoe damage a second, is ok if anything. The health is always nice, the fury generation helps, but the 100 dps DOT, falls flat when you consider how much MR people have just as a base, and when you also compare it to Nasus'.

So heres a few suggestions to makes his ult give him what he needs:

(NOTE: This suggestion is bearing in mind that the previous changes were not implemented and that this would be the only change taking place.)

-Dominus also gives renekton cooldown reduction: "In addtion (or replacing one benefit depending on balance) renekton gains X% cooldown reduction. This % can stack onto his current CDR and go above 40%"

Obviously the percent wouldnt be something extremely high, perhaps like 5-10% would be nice.

-Dominus' Damage per second can benefit from fury: "... deals 100 magic damage a second to people around renekton. It deals additional damage for every point/% of fury hes missing."

The reason i say fury missing, is that renekton will always wants to use fury when its available. This would give him more incentive to "cull his rage."

-Dominus' damage per second scales off his stats: Pretty self explanatory. It could scale off his health or his damage.

These sum up the majority of my thoughts for now. I remember someone said that his passive could give him fury generation per second which would scale with level. This would be nice and im glad that people are giving well thought suggestions on how to improve this champ.

Please also keep in mind that these are concepts which i just put to application. You could switch these around to whatever would benefit both Renekton and balance. I.e. you could have his permanent fury come from his ult or his cooldown bonuses come from his passive.

If anymore concepts come to mind ill add them, and if you have some suggestion of your own please add them as well "

Jazman84

01-22-2012

Renekton isn't really in THAT bad a place.

He does need SOME quality of life changes though.

Fury Resource - Some tweaks to his Fury mechanics:

• Remove Fury Decay.
  • Gain 1 Fury per Second when in combat from 0 to 50 Fury.

Passive - Fine. If anything, change the tooltip to stop the QQ. He has a passive people!
Reign of Anger - Renekton gains Fury for every autoattack he makes. This Fury can empower his abilities with bonus effects. Additionally, Renekton gains bonus Fury when he is low on life.
  • Take the 1st 8 words out and maybe players will notice it...

Cull the Meek - Fine

Ruthless Predator - The ability itself is fine...
  • Slow animation...It is a self-supress, we want to take advantage of our stun!
  • Speed up the animation. Think Shyvana's Twin Bite

Slice/Dice - Slice to generate Fury, and Empowered Dice to be removed.
  • If Slice generated Fury, everyone would be happy.
  • No-one wants to use Empowered Dice. No-one.

Dominus - Fine.

Mencae

01-22-2012

bump for the Rylais Tank Wifestealer!

Esio1

01-22-2012

why should they buff him hes **** strong.

solidfake

01-22-2012

Bump!

chop chop! :3