Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravenoft

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBlackChick13 View Post
I agree his passive could be changed to something that's actually more of an actual passive. But if they buff him there they will have to nerf him in other areas, he is not exactly UP. He is one of the best top laners and early-mid tanky dps in the game. If he doesn't carry that domination through and finish the game somewhat early he does end up falling off a little more than other tanky dps but it would be hard to change that without just making him OP. I guess the old less base, more scaling situation but you'd say bye to your amazing early-mid game. Which imo is his main niche and reason to pick him over the others in his class anyways. Unless you want him to really be exactly like Irelia.

its funny you bring up the less base, more scaling because the change that made him what he is today is when they guinea pigged him for tanky dps changes by increasing his base damage and reducing the scaling on his abilities. he was fine before that change imo

Ravenoft

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLepRecon View Post
Honestly I'd like to see Renekton's passive be changed to "Renekton generates fury rapidly over time when he detects enemy champions under 60%(could be lower) health within x distance". Would give him the fury he needs in a teamfight. I play the croc a lot and love playing him, but I never notice his passive.

I also want special interactions when he kills NASUS!!!! Like they do with volibear/zilean and noct/graves. One of his ingame lines is "Nasus can not escape me forever." Come on Riot, he's begging for a special interaction.

i really like both of these. the passive is a really good idea, and i do feel like they skimped out on his nasus interactions

solidfake

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayon Puppet View Post
I used to feel like this, but honestly renek buffs don't make any sense, personally I think renek is the most balanced of all the tanky dps. Other tanky dps either have overpowered kits, or have too much synergy with atmogs
This brings what I wanted to say to the point.
Renekton is perfectly balanced....in a closed area, where he is the the only solo top champion.
But if you put all the other solo top champions into that area, Renekton becomes less and less viable.
It is not that the's bad, but he's not viable either, he is a bit like in the same niche as Warwick I would say, good, but still nothing compared to the rest of the pack.

I don't know why any high skilled player nowadays would take Renekton in top lane instead of e.g. Riven, or Nasus, or Gangplank or Skarner or anyone else of the tanky dps meta.

Also another reason why Renekton heavily hinks behind other tanky dps characters is his extreme dependance onto cooldown reduction.
It is true that Atmongs works on him, but he will suffer from rushing it and ignoring cd-reduc items, other bruisers don't have this issue.

So reason why Renektons lategame sucks compared to other tanky dps is that he can't build up fury, and that he won't be able to rush atmongs or another similar build as fast as other bruisers due to his dependancy on cd-reduction.
Though we all know that Riot has an ad-caster item in work, which will surely come out as fast as possible (to say, mykroseconds before the sun as we know it collapse in one giant supernova), his main problem is and will stay his fury regeneration, which is mainly influenced by his passive.

(oh, and this was a bump ^^)

Ravenoft

12-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfake View Post
Renekton is perfectly balanced....in a closed area, where he is the the only solo top champion.
But if you put all the other solo top champions into that area, Renekton becomes less and less viable.
It is not that the's bad, but he's not viable either, he is a bit like in the same niche as Warwick I would say, good, but still nothing compared to the rest of the pack.

I don't know why any high skilled player nowadays would take Renekton in top lane instead of e.g. Riven, or Nasus, or Gangplank or Skarner or anyone else of the tanky dps meta.

Also another reason why Renekton heavily hinks behind other tanky dps characters is his extreme dependance onto cooldown reduction.
It is true that Atmongs works on him, but he will suffer from rushing it and ignoring cd-reduc items, other bruisers don't have this issue.

So reason why Renektons lategame sucks compared to other tanky dps is that he can't build up fury, and that he won't be able to rush atmongs or another similar build as fast as other bruisers due to his dependancy on cd-reduction.
Though we all know that Riot has an ad-caster item in work, which will surely come out as fast as possible (to say, mykroseconds before the sun as we know it collapse in one giant supernova), his main problem is and will stay his fury regeneration, which is mainly influenced by his passive.

wish i could bump this more. and put it right in front of riots face. hit the nail on the head with this post so theres nothing more to elaborate on.....so i guess im just going to bump?

solidfake

12-09-2011

let there be bumps

Prediction

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfake View Post

^ This. keep dah croc alive

huskandhunger

12-09-2011

No reds on croc yet?? that's odd.

DetoxAKB48

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0BE JAI View Post
are u kidding

renekton is one of the strongest laners atm
Thank GOD someone said that ... I was losing hope in this community

Prediction

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0BE JAI View Post
are u kidding

renekton is one of the strongest laners atm

LOL I wasn't sure if you were serious so I took it as sarcasm.

Who is he strong against besides squishies or someone who has 0 sustain or a brain? and even then he loses 1v1 to that person with 0 sustain with equal farm later in the game.

Olyps

12-09-2011

Buffing his passive for the sheer sake of making it more powerful sounds silly. Croc is already really strong.