Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ikimono

10-01-2012

I would love to see him with a new passive. His current passive feels underwhelming if not near-useless.

Also his kit is a bit iffy and relies so heavily on itemization that it's hard to make him work. He "feels" like he needs spellvamp, but building that is a very expensive use of gold and not effective since the gunblade nerfs.

The biggest(er) problem is that your team rushed Riven out the door so quickly with the cancellation of Omen, is that you took Renekton's role and plopped it on a different champion with a kit better suited for it. Riven gets tanky from building Damage, while Renekton gets tanky by building...tanky.

And now we have Rengar (renekton 5.0) who can buy 2 AD items (tooth and last whisper) and then build as tanky as he wants and still retain the ability to 2-3 shot anything that walks within eyesight.

*p.s.
Passive idea: after using a skill, the next auto attack(s) for Renekton generate an extra X Fury.
Passive idea: Renekton's Spells while at 50 fury gain spellvamp
Passive Idea: When at 50 Fury renekton gains Movement speed/removed unit collision
Passive idea: Renekton deals more damage the more fury he has accumulated 25 = 2.5% all the way to +10% at 100. It would make him deal huge amounts of damage but would take time to build up. (a balanced approach instead of the current fumble of designs.)

Sachel Page

10-01-2012

Quote:
Ikimono:
I would love to see him with a new passive. His current passive feels underwhelming if not near-useless.

Also his kit is a bit iffy and relies so heavily on itemization that it's hard to make him work. He "feels" like he needs spellvamp, but building that is a very expensive use of gold and not effective since the gunblade nerfs.

The biggest(er) problem is that your team rushed Riven out the door so quickly with the cancellation of Omen, is that you took Renekton's role and plopped it on a different champion with a kit better suited for it. Riven gets tanky from building Damage, while Renekton gets tanky by building...tanky.

And now we have Rengar (renekton 5.0) who can buy 2 AD items (tooth and last whisper) and then build as tanky as he wants and still retain the ability to 2-3 shot anything that walks within eyesight.

*p.s.
Passive idea: after using a skill, the next auto attack(s) for Renekton generate an extra X Fury.
Passive Idea: When at 50 Fury renekton gains Movement speed/removed unit collision
Passive idea: Renekton deals more damage the more fury he has accumulated 25 = 2.5% all the way to +10% at 100. It would make him deal huge amounts of damage but would take time to build up. (a balanced approach instead of the current fumble of designs.)

Good points!!!

sux

10-01-2012

Quote:
Ikimono:

*p.s.

One of the few passive change ideas I've agreed with.

ShadowRumia

10-01-2012

i think his new passive should be "While at 50 Fury or above gains *x* lifesteal" based on level.

Wise Squirrel

10-01-2012

Quote:
Morello:
I agree we could do some work to make him more fun - that's fine. I think his balance is pretty good, but some tweaks that make him be a better play experience is something I'm open to.

One idea I had for fury-hanced blink was...a third blink. Sounds reasonable if you remove extra damage from it.

Ridian813

10-01-2012

One problem with the croc IMO is his cooldowns. What if they tweaked his skills to be a bit more like Rengar. When Renekton gets 50+ fury, give him the empowered skills on a separate cooldown. This will let him use his abilities to greater effect, especially in teamfights.

00Rathiel00

10-01-2012

Nostalgic Bump

Sachel Page

10-01-2012

Quote:
Ridian813:
One problem with the croc IMO is his cooldowns. What if they tweaked his skills to be a bit more like Rengar. When Renekton gets 50+ fury, give him the empowered skills on a separate cooldown. This will let him use his abilities to greater effect, especially in teamfights.

Renekton CDR ratios have been a complaint for a very longtime. Hopefully these issues will be addressed in season 3.

Sachel Page

10-02-2012

bump

Sachel Page

10-09-2012

bump