Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Connector Pens

09-08-2012

Every few weeks I get the urge to play Renekton, then I play him and I remember why I don't anymore.

He has so much potential and he's really fun, I just can't deal with the fact that if you give up a kill in lane you become worthless. He needs to remain dominant for the whole laning phase or he loses harder than anyone else. With all the other champs getting better early game with more scaling bullying your opponent is becoming harder and harder, with fewer rewards.

BaII

09-08-2012

bump

Sachel Page

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector Pens View Post
Every few weeks I get the urge to play Renekton, then I play him and I remember why I don't anymore.

He has so much potential and he's really fun, I just can't deal with the fact that if you give up a kill in lane you become worthless. He needs to remain dominant for the whole laning phase or he loses harder than anyone else. With all the other champs getting better early game with more scaling bullying your opponent is becoming harder and harder, with fewer rewards.
Good points. Top lane just out of control. It might be the craziest lane right now.

Sachel Page

09-09-2012

bump

00Rathiel00

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachel Page View Post
Good points. Top lane just out of control. It might be the craziest lane right now.
But according with Xypherous that's the way it has to be
haha you have a problem when having something unbalanced is the best way you find to bring balance
No, seriously, it's almost funny

Chelš

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

I just hope he doesn't get a big change or too many buffs, it really sucks when good unique champions get over used because after people kill them.

Dusksaur

09-10-2012

bump

NA1

09-10-2012

I'd love to see Renekton gain 1% CDR with each level. It won't be too big a buff to his early game, and will help out his late game significantly without pushing him to crazy levels.

Just a suggestion. There are other ways to fix this champion.

Vilyra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I agree we could do some work to make him more fun - that's fine. I think his balance is pretty good, but some tweaks that make him be a better play experience is something I'm open to.
Morello, Renekton stuns himself....with his own stun.... how do you not see the problem there?
Also, his passive isn't even a passive, just an explanation of his abilities.

If you took away the self stun, and gave him a passive that was useful, he'd be fine. that's all we really want.

Sachel Page

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Rathiel00 View Post
But according with Xypherous that's the way it has to be
haha you have a problem when having something unbalanced is the best way you find to bring balance
No, seriously, it's almost funny
You read Xypherous comments and your like what? So I really hope that Riot takes a everything on the table approach. Working on champions and also look into itemization as well. Doing one without the other could make things worse so looking into both might not be a bad idea.