Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darigaaz The Kin

09-04-2012

Just want to see his fury decay go away. It' hard enough to get to a 100. Watching your fury bar empty because there is nothing to hit is just painful.

Sachel Page

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darigaaz The Kin View Post
Just want to see his fury decay go away. It' hard enough to get to a 100. Watching your fury bar empty because there is nothing to hit is just painful.
Ya fury has been a hot topic of debate for a longtime. Many feel that it needs a update or overhaul the top meta game is much different than when renekton came on the scene.

Krynul

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm short on time right now, and I know there's some "give Renekton some love" threads, but he gets used a reasonable amount in tourney and high-elo play. Other than new build options (which is fun for any character), I don't see what we need to do here.
I don't really think he's vastly underpowered in most areas except his passive. His passive just feels so non-existent. For all intensive purposes it basically just states that he uses the fury system.

I'm aware he does benefit from increased fury generation while at low health, but if you build him with a focus over damage then he won't really be able to stick around safely by the time his passive starts kicking in (exceptions include the enemy is on the run, and kamikaze slug fests). If you build super tanky then your passive is more accessible, but you'll be much less threatening having to rely mostly on spending your fury on your stun and perhaps slice and dice if your team is heavy with attack damage but that of course is somewhat situational.

I feel like Renekton would benefit from getting some sort of stat boost or defensive boost aspect to his passive. Perhaps if he got bonus MR and Armor when his health dropped below fifty percent. This would give him a very berserker sort of feel with him becoming more difficult to take down the deeper into combat he gets and would also allow him to make more use of the fury generation system and would work well with his ultimate.

Thematically this works well with Renekton as well because of him being a sort of blood frenzy champion. I envision him wading into battle fighting hard and being vicious and aggressive and as the battle continues he begins to give into his fury becoming harder to kill. I'm no designer of course, but this is merely a suggestion off the top of my head. My main point is that he needs a more usable passive that feels like he's getting more of a noticeable benefit and I'd like this to happen without his numbers having to be fudged. He's got nice damage but he struggles so much with harass that the extra boost to his defenses would really round him out.

Dusksaur

09-04-2012

bump

Sachel Page

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krynul View Post
I don't really think he's vastly underpowered in most areas except his passive. His passive just feels so non-existent. For all intensive purposes it basically just states that he uses the fury system.

I'm aware he does benefit from increased fury generation while at low health, but if you build him with a focus over damage then he won't really be able to stick around safely by the time his passive starts kicking in (exceptions include the enemy is on the run, and kamikaze slug fests). If you build super tanky then your passive is more accessible, but you'll be much less threatening having to rely mostly on spending your fury on your stun and perhaps slice and dice if your team is heavy with attack damage but that of course is somewhat situational.

I feel like Renekton would benefit from getting some sort of stat boost or defensive boost aspect to his passive. Perhaps if he got bonus MR and Armor when his health dropped below fifty percent. This would give him a very berserker sort of feel with him becoming more difficult to take down the deeper into combat he gets and would also allow him to make more use of the fury generation system and would work well with his ultimate.

Thematically this works well with Renekton as well because of him being a sort of blood frenzy champion. I envision him wading into battle fighting hard and being vicious and aggressive and as the battle continues he begins to give into his fury becoming harder to kill. I'm no designer of course, but this is merely a suggestion off the top of my head. My main point is that he needs a more usable passive that feels like he's getting more of a noticeable benefit and I'd like this to happen without his numbers having to be fudged. He's got nice damage but he struggles so much with harass that the extra boost to his defenses would really round him out.

WOW nice idea man and great thought!!! I really hope Riot is listening to the renekton players. So many great ideas and just well put thoughts into what renekton is and should be in relation to the current top meta game. Great job man!!!!

Sachel Page

09-05-2012

bump

Sachel Page

09-06-2012

bump

00Rathiel00

09-06-2012

Bump

Thanks Sachel to always keeping this alive

Sachel Page

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Rathiel00 View Post
Bump

Thanks Sachel to always keeping this alive

Thanks man I'm not only a renekton fan but I play him to and hope Riot is listening to the renekton players.

Sachel Page

09-08-2012

bump