Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duke Br0heimer

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I agree we could do some work to make him more fun - that's fine. I think his balance is pretty good, but some tweaks that make him be a better play experience is something I'm open to.
How is his balance "good" when everybody knows that top lane is powercreeped to all hell and Renekton's late game is non-existent?

Sachel Page

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Br0heimer View Post
How is his balance "good" when everybody knows that top lane is powercreeped to all hell and Renekton's late game is non-existent?
Agreed top lane is vicious man when you up there you got be legit and renekton not as legit as Riot thinks he is up there.

solidfake

07-31-2012

01.08.2012 Update
I am purely suspecting here, but I don't think that the Ad-caster item will come out before the season 2 finals ends.
Why? Because of that quote from Xypherous regarding Ad-carry item variety:
"Phantom Dancer would have to be fundamentally reworked to not be prime utility x prime damage - and that's a change I don't see us doing lightly / quickly when season 2 finals are this close."
~Xypherous
For sure, ad-caster item is not the same as an ad-carry item, but I would believe that a fresh viable Ad-caster item could create some unwanted storm in the unbreakable ad-carry itemisation, something that Riot seems to avoid at all cost, at least before the season 2 finals ends.
So, speculating here, we have to wait for a new ad-caster item until Season 3 starts.
Stay strong, my trusty crocodile fellows, stay strong...

Sachel Page

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfake View Post
01.08.2012 Update
I am purely suspecting here, but I don't think that the Ad-caster item will come out before the season 2 finals ends.
Why? Because of that quote from Xypherous regarding Ad-carry item variety:
"Phantom Dancer would have to be fundamentally reworked to not be prime utility x prime damage - and that's a change I don't see us doing lightly / quickly when season 2 finals are this close."
~Xypherous
For sure, ad-caster item is not the same as an ad-carry item, but I would believe that a fresh viable Ad-caster item could create some unwanted storm in the unbreakable ad-carry itemisation, something that Riot seems to avoid at all cost, at least before the season 2 finals ends.
So, speculating here, we have to wait for a new ad-caster item until Season 3 starts.
Stay strong, my trusty crocodile fellows, stay strong...

Good to hear from you as always solid. Many players have come forth with many fresh ideas as always we look for Riot to at least comment on some of them. We as renekton players thank you for always keeping us up to date and we will continue until we are heard.

Sachidanada

07-31-2012

renek deserves love sometime in the near future.

Sachel Page

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachidanada View Post
renek deserves love sometime in the near future.

Yes he does and maybe nasus will finally be acknowledged as well. I can say that I'm worn out with Dermacia it would be nice to explore renekton and nasus home world. My big hope maybe someone shares it as well is that Riot will bring another champion from renekton and nasus race that would be awesome.

00Rathiel00

08-01-2012

I'm tired of Riot using the Ad-Caster item excuse for this...
I mean, even if the ad-caster item is good that won't fix the problems of Renekton. Why? Well, simple, because all the other ad casters that are already better than Renekton will be better with the new item as well...
Anyway, if they are so afraid of touching anything near the finals then i don't think the'll make any important fix soon

Sachel Page

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Rathiel00 View Post
I'm tired of Riot using the Ad-Caster item excuse for this...
I mean, even if the ad-caster item is good that won't fix the problems of Renekton. Why? Well, simple, because all the other ad casters that are already better than Renekton will be better with the new item as well...
Anyway, if they are so afraid of touching anything near the finals then i don't think the'll make any important fix soon

Have to agree with ya man. The ad caster item will help with itemization not flaws. Renekton has flaws but the ad caster may allow for a better build options overall.

Jazman84

08-01-2012

Quote:
I agree we could do some work to make him more fun - that's fine. I think his balance is pretty good, but some tweaks that make him be a better play experience is something I'm open to.
Well, what you got in mind?

Sachel Page

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazman84 View Post
Well, what you got in mind?
Agreed but don't forget this statement the tone was not what renekton players were looking for. His tourney use is a joke and always has been compared to his solo top opponents. Riven and Irelia for example have always been more viable in tourney play. A year or more without tourney play does not look viable to many of us. Wickd,wingsofdeath, and other top pro's will put renekton back into obscurity from which he came and he will stay. I cannot blame them just better picks out there we know that, they know that and I hope Morello knows that. Pre-release renekton was something else. I fear that Riot is looking at renekton through pre-release renekton goggles.

Quote:
I'm short on time right now, and I know there's some "give Renekton some love" threads, but he gets used a reasonable amount in tourney and high-elo play. Other than new build options (which is fun for any character), I don't see what we need to do here.