Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sachel Page

07-02-2012

Yea Morello went from renekton needs bigger moments during fury to he's used in tourneys so clearly renekton a tourney pick and he's fine in Morello eyes so again the time wasted by many and the hope renekton will be that much better was a waste when sides were taking long before this thread and many others came about.

Morello clearly either has a biased approach or he's just not gonna listen to the players out here that have been saying the same thing over and over from both sides of the spectrum from novice and veteran renekton players alike.Don't like to call it that way but results speak for themselves what else is it to go by other than the results versus what many have been posting for a very longtime with no changes in sight other than a AD caster item that might not benefit rene as much anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Renekton could use some help - though I may want to go slightly crazier and give him bigger moments based on Fury. I think it's a little "flat" right no, so we could definitely do some things here.
Quote:
I'm short on time right now, and I know there's some "give Renekton some love" threads, but he gets used a reasonable amount in tourney and high-elo play. Other than new build options (which is fun for any character), I don't see what we need to do here.
Quote:
I agree we could do some work to make him more fun - that's fine. I think his balance is pretty good, but some tweaks that make him be a better play experience is something I'm open to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shampu View Post
wth..

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

Just bought Renekton. I have numerous other melee champs but had a blast with Volibear due to the champ's style and sudden bursts of intense violence, and figured the Croc would deliver the same "feel" for being brutal.

My casual first impressions are that he's simply weaker than Jax, Olaf, Riven, Nidalee, Shyvana, Nocturne, and Skarner. Those are all champs I've played a good deal of and hold as yardsticks of strength for top lane and jungle reasons, though champs like Nidalee and Nocturne are clearly intended for one role or the other.

To keep it short, if I choose Olaf, Jax, Riven, Shyvana, or Nocturne I can make a clear decision to swap in offensive masteries OR defensive masteries as a base - and I can expect to see results from that decision within the game in a meaningful way. Those champs have great kits, very respectable farming ability, and trade well against enemies in duels.

With Renekton, I'm feeling forced to take defense tanky masteries due to his inherent fragility. And to be brutally honest, I'm not really seeing "big damage" that would be a tradeoff for having that fragile feeling of his standing up in trades with duels. Olaf, Riven, and others I listed without question perform better.

I'm not too sad that I bought him because he has tons of style, and I appreciate that he doesn't use mana when his kit was balanced. What Riot might have lost sight of is that mana dependent champs can just buy an early Philo stone and forget about it, getting the gold back from it for free after like, 16-18 min of play.

Renekton works for me with the defense masteries. I just don't feel that I'm alone in seeing his obvious shortcomings. The croc could use some upward tweaks for sure.

Escapas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

He is good enough. Hope riot does not make changes that can ruin my champ. He is my main, i have great results in solo top. In team figths i make carries and mages useless cuz i wush into them then fall back. He is not a killer, he is like a tanky support with damage output. He is not a true killer like letys 1v1 from zero. If you are fed, with your ult, and some attack speed, then you can 1v1 some player.

Tip: use your W and get 1.75 seconds stun to hit them without getting damage. So with some attack speed item you like. you get them down quickly. Not enough? use E fall back gaining some hp with Q and go with W again., now just 0.75 stun and hit hit, when you see you can take him down, SURPRISE I GOT HEALTH, ULT. Then W Q E to follow echaust and ignite both into enemy and Bam they are dead or running low on health.

As renekton you get great sustain so you recover health easy and keep in action. Get amor runes and magic resist items with attack damage for teamfights.

I use renekton and Nasus. I like nasus more cuz he is more tanky and his gameplay is very fun! cuz you can tank everyone!. But with Renekton is about thinking and making good choices. Making a W then fall back hitting then with Q before E.

But hey ,maybe a buff in fury would be good. But he still a good champ. One of my favorites.

Sachel Page

07-03-2012

When post like this are posted makes me be like man something just missing from our favorite Crocodile. People on both sides of the spectrum saying same thing to a degree. So in saying that hopefully Riot will give renekton his just due whether it be a total rework or just some tweaks. He is fun to a point but something just seems not right at times that's been the sentiment for a longtime on Renekton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat View Post
Just bought Renekton. I have numerous other melee champs but had a blast with Volibear due to the champ's style and sudden bursts of intense violence, and figured the Croc would deliver the same "feel" for being brutal.

My casual first impressions are that he's simply weaker than Jax, Olaf, Riven, Nidalee, Shyvana, Nocturne, and Skarner. Those are all champs I've played a good deal of and hold as yardsticks of strength for top lane and jungle reasons, though champs like Nidalee and Nocturne are clearly intended for one role or the other.

To keep it short, if I choose Olaf, Jax, Riven, Shyvana, or Nocturne I can make a clear decision to swap in offensive masteries OR defensive masteries as a base - and I can expect to see results from that decision within the game in a meaningful way. Those champs have great kits, very respectable farming ability, and trade well against enemies in duels.

With Renekton, I'm feeling forced to take defense tanky masteries due to his inherent fragility. And to be brutally honest, I'm not really seeing "big damage" that would be a tradeoff for having that fragile feeling of his standing up in trades with duels. Olaf, Riven, and others I listed without question perform better.

I'm not too sad that I bought him because he has tons of style, and I appreciate that he doesn't use mana when his kit was balanced. What Riot might have lost sight of is that mana dependent champs can just buy an early Philo stone and forget about it, getting the gold back from it for free after like, 16-18 min of play.

Renekton works for me with the defense masteries. I just don't feel that I'm alone in seeing his obvious shortcomings. The croc could use some upward tweaks for sure.

Sachel Page

07-04-2012

bump

Sachel Page

07-05-2012

bump

NA1

07-05-2012

We're just gonna have to wait for the AD caster item, and see if that deals with Ren's issues.

They won't touch Ren or Garen until that item is released, and even then not for at least 2 months thereafter to see how well the item is received.

00Rathiel00

07-05-2012

bump

Lazersaurus

07-05-2012

buff the croc bump

00Rathiel00

07-11-2012

Ok... we are in the free Renekton week and, so far, i didn't see any Renekton good. In fact all of the Renes i saw were mostly useless for the team.