Renekton - Croc is asking to be heard Riot!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXDawnBladeXx

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBFLOL View Post
Hi, I'm Garen and I derp spin for three seconds while the Carries health is at 3/4 then I use my Ultimate to kill steal while killing the Carry with my Q.
Now I play garen quite a lot and trust me when I say he's useless late game unless he can silence the ap carry and tank some damage. Why is garen like that? Because he has no sustained damage like renekton gets from his ultimate. I think you underestimate how much 100 magic damage per second really is especially when combined with a sunfire. Thats just 1 skill damage then he has atma's ghostblade getting him 200+ AD with 50 odd armorpen and 10% from new masteries uses his skill combo and the carry is suddenly at 1/4 hp left or dead.

After his combo which barely does half the squishy carries health late game he has nothing he just stands there and has to auto attack which is the worst possible thing to do with garen.

Since you edited your post after I quoted it. Garen's W is strong early game because it gives him a passive 25 armor/mr once farmed up which is pretty easy to do. Late game when he barely deals any damage and has no teamfight presence after his combo has been used he needs his W to tank damage and fight back while he waits for his combo to come back off cooldown.

Gypsy

11-23-2011

a BUFF to renekton?!!? are you crazy!

ZiggyOnMars

11-23-2011

just played with an nooby Renekton lanemate on bot lane and he didn't even farm minions and he ****ing deal ton of dmg and killed more than carries in the game

RadMage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

only buff i say he should get is his old sustain, we dont need more high dps late game tanky dps champs, and i play renekton i even have the galactic skin, im ok that i fall off late game but dominate early.

LtmStudMuffin

11-23-2011

I don't understand how many times people have to say this. A buff to his passive isn't going to make him more over powered than it already is, were asking for a passive that is going to help in end game during team fights.

Warscythes

11-23-2011

Quote:
Yeah, he gets fury from his Ultimate, then he has to go in and team fight. Look at Shyvana, she uses Fury she can stay in Dragon Form longer than Renekton can stay in Dominance, she's also more tanky in dragon form than Renekton is in Dominance.

A small buff to his passive isn't increasing his scaling, Do you really think that below 50% you're going to live from anything, by then the rest of your team is dead, and they're focusing on you. Unless they're kiting, then in which case the passive is completely useless.
Shyvana's dragon form last about 5-8 seconds more depending on how much you auto, but really 15 seconds is more than enough for one team fight and you know it. It is a silly point to make. As I said before Shyvana is a no cost champion, pretend she doesn't have fury. She is also not "that" tanky, Shyvana gain 50 armor and mr while Renekton gains 600 hp. The upside for Renekton is that his ultimate is essentially 1500 magic damage Dot over the duration and that is really really strong in a team fight. So really, this is pretty moot.

Your second paragraph is also somewhat silly, of course a small buff to his passive is going to increase his scaling. Hell giving him 1 more base ad technically gives him scaling. His passive basically means he become stronger as he becomes longer because you are at the frontline + taking random AoE damage. Of course he can live when under 50% hp, I am missing your point here though. When getting kited MANY champion's passive are worthless, again I do not understand you here.

Also as I said before, I am not against buffing Renekton's passive but this would mean he would need to receive nerf to his kit because Renekton doesn't really need a buff as a champion.

My opinion of course.

Quote:
I don't understand how many times people have to say this. A buff to his passive isn't going to make him more over powered than it already is, were asking for a passive that is going to help in end game during team fights.
It definitely could be considering how strong he is. Renekton has no team fight problems, hell majority of his damage is AoE so that is his strong point. Yes he suffers from late game problems but every AD casters suffer from late game. His passive have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Gypsy

11-23-2011

just because someone else uses fury and has a better passive doesnt mean ****, you dont see tryn with a stun do you? some peoples passives will be better than others just as some ultis are better than others.
ive had renekton in almost every past game, he rapes early mid game and then plateaus late game, he doesnt become useless he is still very very strong late game. not every champion has to be able to scale into late game some are made for early wins.
a buff to renekton would definitely push him over the balanced line into the realm of (dare i say it) OP-ness

nyrest

11-23-2011

make renekton get ArPen as fury he have. Welcome

LtmStudMuffin

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warscythes View Post
Shyvana's dragon form last about 5-8 seconds more depending on how much you auto, but really 15 seconds is more than enough for one team fight and you know it. It is a silly point to make. As I said before Shyvana is a no cost champion, pretend she doesn't have fury. She is also not "that" tanky, Shyvana gain 50 armor and mr while Renekton gains 600 hp. The upside for Renekton is that his ultimate is essentially 1500 magic damage Dot over the duration and that is really really strong in a team fight. So really, this is pretty moot.

Your second paragraph is also somewhat silly, of course a small buff to his passive is going to increase his scaling. Hell giving him 1 more base ad technically gives him scaling. His passive basically means he become stronger as he becomes longer because you are at the frontline + taking random AoE damage. Of course he can live when under 50% hp, I am missing your point here though. When getting kited MANY champion's passive are worthless, again I do not understand you here.

Also as I said before, I am not against buffing Renekton's passive but this would mean he would need to receive nerf to his kit because Renekton doesn't really need a buff as a champion.

My opinion of course.

It definitely could be considering how strong he is. Renekton has no team fight problems, hell majority of his damage is AoE so that is his strong point. Yes he suffers from late game problems but every AD casters suffer from late game. His passive have absolutely nothing to do with it.
If his passive has nothing to do with it, than while are you being a hypocrite ninny about it?

xXDawnBladeXx

11-23-2011

Quote:
Yes but if you were actually good with renekton (after seeing your match history you seem to do fine with him) you would know he doesn't need help for late game team fights. Buffing his passive won't help him late game it will just make his early game even stronger.