Chasing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chisel Sturms

11-22-2011

Recently, I've been failing really hard when chasing with melee champs and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to overcome some of these things:

1. Your target moves out of vision momentarily, you have an attack command targeted on him (your champion stops moving or attacks the nearest enemy you still have vision of) chase lost.

2. After using an ability (I've seen they've fixed this for some moves, but I noticed it recently with Master Yi's alpha strike) you're champion starts attacking nearby minions instead of the enemy champion you had selected.

It's the first one that's giving me the most trouble. I feel like I'm getting juked really easily by people that aren't even trying very hard.

mojib

11-22-2011

When chasing you don't just rely the auto-pathing from an attack command on your target. If you see that they are going towards the brush or around a corner you should manually be moving your champ to where you think your target is headed.

thunderdax

11-22-2011

For you first problem an attack move command is sometimes a lot better than just right clicking on them (you do it by pressing a then left clicking on the ground inside the bush they are about to go into). This won't help if there are minions around since I think you champion just goes straight for them, however attack move is very useful for chasing in the jungle as a melee champ.

Hotdogs

11-23-2011

when chasing someone, learn to use the move command, then right click to attack when you are already in range.

FaerellG

11-23-2011

Lots of newbies and people who don't understand, will rag on people for spam clicking movements and abilities, but this is where it helps secure what you're doing. Like noted above, if you lose vision, your champ stops moving. If you were spam clicking, you wouldn't have that delay.

Think of it as something akin to a boxer bouncing on his feet to stay mobile.