SEA Players Banned From Playing Again?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panda Banana

06-30-2010

It seems we are 'blocked' again from playing. What gives? Why are there no announcements?

JurisnaethMKIV

06-30-2010

There was already an announcement about this months back. It just so happens they reinstated the block again.

Qibbi

06-30-2010

I spent US$40+ on it already T.T

Panda Banana

06-30-2010

I have spent around that much on this game as well. Wow go on Riot block your loyal clients.

Zoro The Otter

06-30-2010

...I see two idiots in this thread.

Mjollnir

06-30-2010

Quote:
Attention, League of Legends players!

Riot Games has signed a distribution agreement with a publisher in Southeast Asia! While we cannot yet reveal the specifics, we are extremely excited at the prospect of being able to offer a higher quality experience to players in this territory through our new partner.

Through this partnership, we will be able to offer Southeast Asia its own, unique League of Legends experience. In addition to a localized client, we aim to be able to provide increased accessibility to Southeast Asian players through features and promotions specifically geared towards the residents of this region. We also hope to advance League of Legends to many new players in the area, including a large number of veteran DotA players.

Unfortunately, this does mean that, as of February 25th, players located in Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, and the Phillipines will be blocked from the North American servers as part of our publishing agreement. All of these players have received a refund in full for any purchases they have made, and each has received a personal email from Riot Games explaining the situation, and offering a code redeemable for additional exclusive content once their local servers go live.

We believe that this will be an exciting opportunity for League of Legends to achieve even greater success in a new market, and to provide a high-quality, competitive gaming experience to a much larger number of Southeast Asian players.
That was February 25th--this is July 01. The publisher is... Garena? Who knows.

Rhetorical Hippo

06-30-2010

Umm, they're not BLOCKED, they just have to play on an SEA server.

Truhls

06-30-2010

The sea server is up/about to be up. you need to go play there now. WHen announced everyone who spent money got a refund. If you spent money since then and didnt pay attention because your an idiot.....well GL in life.

Qibbi

06-30-2010

I only spent the $US40+ recently when Riot unblocked SEA IP 2 weeks ago. Therefore, I did not get any refund. Truhls, you are a rude idiot yourself, duh.

Mjollnir

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
The sea server is up/about to be up. you need to go play there now. WHen announced everyone who spent money got a refund. If you spent money since then and didnt pay attention because your an idiot.....well GL in life.
Do you know who they are? No one in SEA does.

12345 ... 6