Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

**** you Cassiopeia.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macaco Velho

11-23-2011

Hey. I'm pretty used to this game already, and I hardly ever die in the laning phase. The problem is, lately I've been facing a streak of good Cassiopeias that never miss their Q, even if I start with boots. In like 15 seconds I'm forced out of the lane and have to keep backing everytime or I feed.

What the hell am I supposed to do? People tell me "Dodge her Qs", but it seems so hard for me. Am I that bad at juking?

EzraTwitch

11-23-2011

Stay Mobile, and move erratically, if you stand still and only move when she starts to Q you, you will get nailed probably about 50% of the time. You have to stay erratic, also try to be aggressive and counter harass whenever she misses.

Again Never stop moving.

SolAnchovy

11-23-2011

If that still doesn't work, cap some vid and put it on YouTube and have people evaluate it.

Redenbacher

11-23-2011

If I had to guess, it's likely they are hitting you when you go in to last-hit, which is what makes being erratic and unpredictable all that much more important. If you're only moving in range to last-hit, it makes it very easy for any skillshot-based champion to time their harass accordingly. You need to be in range to last-hit all the time.

Macaco Velho

11-23-2011

Also, Le Blanc... it seems that Le Blanc is even more annoying than Cass. Is there any way to *survive* Le Blanc during the laning phase?

SuperCheapJoe

11-23-2011

Urgot feels left out of this discussion. I think he qualifies in the class of not fighting fair.

Daerkannon

11-23-2011

Quote:
Macaco Velho:
Also, Le Blanc... it seems that Le Blanc is even more annoying than Cass. Is there any way to *survive* Le Blanc during the laning phase?

LeBlanc is built specifically to kill in lane. She has to screw up really hard to not get one or two kills in lane. Very little you can do about it other than take lots of potions and get some early magic resist. That being said, she has a hard time last hitting minions under her tower, so if you have some way to clear creep waves quickly you can sit safely on the other side of the map from her and cost her CS.

GlyphTsen

11-23-2011

Some champions have an easier time, Soraka for example. Maokai as well, so if you have experience with them (or want to learn them anyway) you might consider it as a counter-pick in Draft.

Mostly though, it is about dodging Qs and W. Making Cass have to guess when and how you'll go in for a last hit is difficult (and sometimes requires setup), but can make a large difference. Also, varying your response to her cast animation can help. For example, when you know she's going to use Q, if you've been backing away a lot you might consider closing in (and perhaps giving her some damage) instead, if you've been counter harassing a lot you might consider backing away or going sideways or something similar.

Medusa

11-23-2011

If the player is good at reading you then there isnt much to do. It goes the same way whatever champion your playing. This doesnt just apply to Cass though, if a person is good at reading the enemy and know when to use a skill etc they will be hard to beat (not just using Cass)
So all i can say is just keep practicing, reading the enemy, dodging etc.

Toralt

11-23-2011

Next time Cass is free, play a few games with her and remember how you think while playing cass. It's amazing how well this works. The experience that sticks out in my mind is me and my one friend are avid singed players. However this game we were two different champs laning against a singed and it's funny how we can sit there and call exactly when that singed wants to fling us, when he's juking and so on.

End story, if you're ever having trouble facing any champ... Play a few games as them.