How to Review a Champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

01-15-2012

Bump.

ploki122

01-15-2012

I would like to add to Prometheus' comment is that numbers are not quite mandatory but quantities are. If you are bad in balancing and don'T want to argue about numbers before you have done X/Y/Z other things you can replace the scaling with words like "low, low to average, average, high, ultra high, etc." for quantities and "short, fairly short, pretty long, etc." for durations. While it does not give the exact Idea, Most reviewers will understand that a "Large jump dealing low damages and a fairly short stun upon landing" is an escape/chase mechanism while a "three short hops with an average CD" are for mobility. Also, the advantage words have over numbers is that bad reviewers tend to ignore words while they will try to destroy your numbers... Just my opinion...

Other than that, nice thread, I found myself using quite a similar procedure and tend to find a lot of reviews that are plain disastrous and that are far from what either of us do...

Also, I find the "poorly written" part really true, since Kitsune's comment had a nice content but I couldn't find myself going through all of it because my eyes were bleeding from "yeu"s, "whot"s, etc... ( I quick example that shows how much a good review can be ignored by bad grammar)

P.s. if you have the time for it, please review my chars (very simple reviews will do)

Paw-Paw a ranged AD carry with innovative abilities (need a review especially on W and E which are the 2 most innovatives)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1707869

Jun Hwang, an energy support (might be a bit too supportive)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1697078

Jaykoboy

01-16-2012

Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, his review gave me a headache, too. But I still tried to pay attention.

Also, bump.

Jaykoboy

01-16-2012

Bump.

Jaykoboy

01-17-2012

Bump.

Silver Sylph

01-17-2012

Hey! Jaykoboy, I was wondering if you did reviews because I wanted to see if you could do a (good) review of Lilianna, the Baneful Botanist! All comments that are respectable are appreciated

Jaykoboy

01-17-2012

Maybe. I'll see what I can do 'bout it.

Jaykoboy

01-18-2012

It's a bump! Watch out!

Jaykoboy

01-19-2012

Holy bump, batman!

Jaykoboy

01-20-2012

Bumpa bump!