Is Dominion ready for ranked?

Dominion should never have a ranked mode. 150 15.97%
I think it will be ready for ranked in the future. 331 35.25%
I think it is ready for ranked right now. 458 48.78%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Is Dominion ready for ranked?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stutta Step

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahdiblah View Post
I think a ranked pre-season is what dominion needs. A sort of trial run with visible elos that will draw out who the pros are. So many metas, and sweeping balance changes come as the result of pros playing and finding best strategies. Without the ladder there is no way to see how well you are doing, and thusly not much incentive to really get into it. Right now the only thing you have to strive for in getting to be great at dominion is a longer queue time. There is currently no real reason to play dominion over summoner's rift as a competitive player, since summoner's rift is glaringly the map "taken seriously" while dominion feels more and more like after thought waste of time, the longer it takes you guys to take a chance and make it competitive.
It seems to me that this idea is a solid compromise between the ranked dom crowd and riot.

P.S. Thank you sooo much for the red posts they have been much awaited but.... you know we aren't going to stop with this until
1. we get ranked
2. dominion dies off...

Stutta Step

02-03-2012

bump

MontyReinhardt

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahdiblah View Post
I think a ranked pre-season is what dominion needs. A sort of trial run with visible elos that will draw out who the pros are. So many metas, and sweeping balance changes come as the result of pros playing and finding best strategies. Without the ladder there is no way to see how well you are doing, and thusly not much incentive to really get into it. Right now the only thing you have to strive for in getting to be great at dominion is a longer queue time. There is currently no real reason to play dominion over summoner's rift as a competitive player, since summoner's rift is glaringly the map "taken seriously" while dominion feels more and more like after thought waste of time, the longer it takes you guys to take a chance and make it competitive.
A ranked preseason would probably be the perfect solution for this. And to think that dominion is an afterthought is sort of b.s. If you think about it, it's quite balanced out (the map). Five capture points that spawn minions when captured. Base points that both start at 500. First one to reach 0 loses. Very simple, yet extremely balanced. I'm actually quite sure that the Riot team spent some time on the idea. I can't see how it was an "afterthought". I understand its not a major concern, it still is a nice, well thought out game mode. it's like king of the hill on crack, cept better.

PrometheanRage

02-04-2012

crumb, multitasking and clicked the top option, which i disagree with. i think that ranked should be sooner rather than later. the game seems to be relatively stable, there is a huge variety of champs, and i am not sure that waiting for a meta to emerge is the best thing, as i am not sure that the meta-mindset has been good for sr.

Supa Fly Coolio

02-04-2012

Dominion is a joke in terms of balance, and that can't be changed.

Riot can't balance SR already, and they don't care about other maps, just look at 3v3.

The very nature of Dominion favors high mobility champs and champs with lots of poke can just indefinitely stop melee champs from capping points. Nidalee is so OP in this, you can't chase her as that's a waste of time, but you can't just cap the point as she'll nuke you to half health with just 1 spear because you're vulnerable while capping. Global ults like Panth and GP's also give them a big advantage. And then there's ridiculous 1v1 champs that you can never cap bottom from, like Heimerdinger, Swain and Yorick.

Nekrogen

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Fly Coolio View Post

Riot can't balance SR already, and they don't care about other maps, just look at 3v3.

The very nature of Dominion favors high mobility champs and champs with lots of poke can just indefinitely stop melee champs from capping points. Nidalee is so OP in this, you can't chase her as that's a waste of time, but you can't just cap the point as she'll nuke you to half health with just 1 spear because you're vulnerable while capping. Global ults like Panth and GP's also give them a big advantage. And then there's ridiculous 1v1 champs that you can never cap bottom from, like Heimerdinger, Swain and Yorick.
First time I've EVER heard some1 say Nidalee is OP (in Dominion). I think you need to play more games of Dominion.

zionist shill

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Fly Coolio View Post

There's so much wrong in this statement. You sir, are the epitome of Windex chugger.

Qutse

02-05-2012

I don't say this as a player. I say this as a fan of esports:
Dominions scoring system is too arbitrary to make a good esport, and the rules are to convoluted to make a good esport.

When you are playing it the game is to hectic for you to care much, but when you are viewing it the game will just look weird with asymmetric rules and rules that change over time (imo).

It should just be the number of flags you have decides how fast the score ticks down. The time spent dead should not be affected by how far behind you are. These things would make it an esport.

Simple rules. Complicated champs and gameplay.

Ions03

02-06-2012

I want to start playing lol again i need ranked dominion Summoners rift is dead 2 me

Near and Far

02-06-2012

Please add ranked now. There's no use in waiting further. If you guys tweak the game some and ELOs change, that's fine.