Is Dominion ready for ranked?

Dominion should never have a ranked mode. 149 16.14%
I think it will be ready for ranked in the future. 330 35.75%
I think it is ready for ranked right now. 444 48.10%
Voters: 923. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Is Dominion ready for ranked?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lmfaocj

12-01-2011

Dominion just came out not to long ago... I don't think it's ready to have a ranked yet... Yes it might be great to have a ranked and snowball the "starstarstarstar" out of people but I would rather wait for the out come later then right now seeing how you can't rush quality.

Nathanvoodoo

01-14-2012

Bumping a month old thread... Also, sad faced at what seems to be diminished discussions on this topic... And even on what I consider to be my favorite mode of LOL

larkhill

01-14-2012

yes, dominion, as a game mode and as a community is ready for ranked. my issue with ranked dominion is simply the clear overpoweredness of some champs. when certain champs are must-bans and everyone in higher elo knows to ban them, we have a problem.

heimer, poppy, yorick, rammus, shaco, ahri, kass, wukong.

there r more must-bans then ban's possible...

as soon as they fix the clear overpoweredness of the above champs, i'm all for a ranked mode.

Bender2999

01-14-2012

I hope it comes sooner rather than later. Draft mode is great, but having to deal with premades when you are soloing is not fun.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanvoodoo View Post
Also, sad faced at what seems to be diminished discussions on this topic
same, design developer forum participation has fallen off sharply too

MontyReinhardt

02-01-2012

Many of the champions that are pointed out truly depend on the player. While yes, some of them do need some balancing, it really comes down to what the champs are designed for. As an avid Poppy player, I can go 17/2/9 in Dom, or 3/11/8. It really comes down to people caring to counter your builds. Many, if not all, of the champs listed are fast and deal damage fast.

The same can be said of some of these champs in SR. Many people complain about Ahri, but Ahri players say no. As a Poppy player I'm inclined to say no as well, after all, I've had my fair share of losses and horrible KDA ratios along with my wins. What it truly comes down to is builds and teamwork. I've gone up against "bad" champs with a team of "uber" champs and lost because of the COORDINATION and TEAMWORK!

In the end, this game mode is fast paced and relies heavily on teamwork. The "steamrolling the bot" doesn't necessarily mean that you can just be uber with one person. People complain about champions they don't know how to counter. I've had problems with Cass lately but I realize that I'm unable to counter her. Not too many people play Poppy in SR (at least what I've seen) or in Dom (though I do run across a few) and its just an unknown factor. People are unsure of what to do to counter said champions. Each champion needs a separate strategy to defeat. You just need to sit down and play the game and understand each hero to know their weakness. Poppy has quite a few weaknesses, especially in Dominion, it's just up to the players to discover her weakness. This is just a thought.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

i'd give it 3 or more months i mean see how's SR current meta out of the 92 current champs only 20-25 are top picks or "viable", Dominion shouldnt be different, probably the number of "top or viable" champions will wildly differ between Sr's and Dominion but heck i'm pretty sure the 20 viable Dominion champions won't be the same as the 20 viable Sr champs, Heck they could be totally different champions effectively making 40 champs viable in either of the two game modes. the'll make a ranked mode once people figure out those "20 viable dominion champs"

Isysar

02-02-2012

I think it still needs some time. It will have a lot of potential I think, but I don't think it has the player base yet to give a good ranked experience. Hopefully bots will get more people interested in and playing Dominion; I've already know of two people embracing the game mode now that they have bots to practice with. If they continue over to playing normals and eventually ranked, I think we'll have a great community built.

Zeebonken

02-02-2012

I would love a dominion ranked mode as im feeling more at home at Dominion right now. Love the fact, that this mode is 20 minutes of skill and not "get fed early, roflstomp everything after"

PacificStar

02-02-2012

I don't know if I really want ranked mode, or just a way to punish the constant queue dodging.