Kha evolution preferences

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

10-16-2012

So finally got a chance to play AD Kassadin, and was just wondering how people have been evolving him for Dominion. I assume E is always first for the resets, then Q, then what? I can see arguments for both W and R.

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

AD Kassadin OP

Anyways pointing out the fail aside.

E is borderline mandatory. Longer range and reset. I always get this first.
Q i also find to be a staple as it does a considerable amount more damage BUT it's not an evo needed early. best to get it when health pools are larger. I typically get this second.
W i get 9 games out of 10 as it gives you much stronger poke and a ranged slow when played right with your passive. Not to mention it makes it a lot easier to land.
R i get in those rare games when the enemy team iss made up of damage that cannot be avoided (or if they're religiously buying oracles). The 3rd active and the 40% damage reduction can occasionally be a life saver but, not as useful as W in most situations.

Either way it's almost always E>Q>W/R

Phourc

10-16-2012

I've actually come to really like the R evo over W, mostly cause W's cooldown is decently long and 'Zix shouldn't be doing long range poking much, anyway.

With the W evo:
- Range and CD stay the same, it only becomes wider - so you're focusing more in AoE than assassin-ating.
- Passive is applied on ranged shot, but that consumes it from your next autoattack.

It's only a damage increase if you're poking and then hiding to get your passive back. Though, I will admit the AoE application is tasty.

With the R evo:
- Cloaking now gives you 40% Damage resistance.
- You get an extra activation of Speedboost/DR/Passive activated (and the passive ALWAYS activates even if you're revealed the whole time, same with the damage resist)

So it gives you survival in between your Qs (I tend to sit out my cloak without autoattacking to max the DR), a slight damage increase, and an extra speedboost/slow for chasing purposes.

So at least in my mind, R is a significantly better Evo.

Tho, if there were a game where I couldn't engage safely often I would potentially get W and just sit in the fog of war poking forever.

Lethal stoner

10-16-2012

when having to defend yourself more then your attacking i max
W E Q
and when i get the opportunity to kill or are offense vs squishie and tank targets i max
E Q W
and when against rather heavy ad´s
E W Q

should explain itself

W for the ´´defensive`` poke
E for getting out quickly
Q for killing them quickly

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I almost always go wqe. i know the jump is sposed to be amazing and all, but the aoe damage from w is just so nice (especially for clearing waves or checking brush), q is best in the mid game imo, and while e is great for mobility, i just don't find the extra range to be *that* useful when compared to the other two. personal preference imo. the only time i evolve r is if i'm bot and not doing very well.

HawkwĂŹng

10-16-2012

I prefer...

E first. I feel scared to jump in for a kill w/o my free escape. I can contribute countless multi kills to evolving E first.

W second. I just love the easy aim, super poke, aoe slow.

Q generally, but if i feel im getting exceptional use out of my ult, i will evolve R last.

Lvl100Pidgeot

10-16-2012

I really like W when I'm bottom lane, R when I'm top.

MajorUrsa

10-16-2012

The way I evolve his abilities are as follows:

E then Q. Always in that order for top lane Khaz.

For bottom, I think you can go W for the wave clearing potential (It applies his passive, which equals more damage to those waves), then Q or E depending on what you want. Q for more damage in trades, or E to get more distance when you get jumped so you can then use your E to provide a slow inbetween Qs.

On top lane, your third evolution is entirely depending on the enemy team and what your needs are. Do you need a 35% ranged slow for chasing, or a stronger ranged poke? Evolve W. Do you need reduced aoe damage, or stronger dueling potential? Evolve R. Either of these work fine as a third pick, and it comes down to personal preference and how you play him. Feel free to experiment here and find what works the best for you.

nukular power

10-16-2012

W only slows if you evolve it, right?

Sazdek

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukular power View Post
W only slows if you evolve it, right?
Yes, it applies his passive Unseen Predator which provides the slow.