Quitting If They Don't Implement Ranked by 01/12

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

11-22-2011

Sooo many of these popping up haha.

Howzabout everyone post some nice constructive comments in this thread?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1513416

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3kn0man View Post
I personally would rather wait till the final tweaks and such are done before we dive headlong into another situation that neither Riot nor the community are ready for.
I can see the point, and if riot posted on what they still wanted to do before they pushed 'the button' to turn on ranked, I'd be cool with it.

Every other mode just got super shiny ranked teams, I kind of feel like I'm playing the unloved one xP

mufins

11-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3kn0man View Post
What is worse to us as Dominion players, getting ranked asap before we even shift out from one percieved meta and barely into another or them taking their time and letting the mode settle for more than a quarter?

I personally would rather wait till the final tweaks and such are done before we dive headlong into another situation that neither Riot nor the community are ready for.
its fairly obvious that the tweaks necessary to balance dominion would completely **** up SR. They would either have to heavily nerf tanky dps and assassins or heavily buff squishy casters and ranged AD.

Dominion does not revolve around laning phase and 5v5 engagements. Squishies can not hold their own unless they have 3-4 other players with them for support which simply does not happen in dominion.

Charcoales

11-23-2011

They need to implement ranked, doesn't even have to lead to prizes or anything, just a elo number for dominion players too. :-/

frumper

11-23-2011

Have been playing a lot for the last year once I discovered this game. I did not play much ranked SR, about 20 games out of my 2000+ because I wanted to get a good handle of all the characters first.

At this point, I only enjoy dominion and I'm now only playing enough to unlock new chars on release with IP. Wish there was ranked, might quit if SWTOR is engaging enough and there is no ranked.

FDru

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post

That's cause some idiot went and bumped every ranked thread ever made on this forum.

Want to do something constructive? STFU and drop it, it'll be ready when it's ready and the six of you who keep kicking and screaming about it aren't accomplishing a thing.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
That's cause some idiot went and bumped every ranked thread ever made on this forum.

Want to do something constructive? STFU and drop it, it'll be ready when it's ready and the six of you who keep kicking and screaming about it aren't accomplishing a thing.
I think you are denying the precedents that kicking and crying works with Riot. But I agree 6 are not gonna make it, we need more like a thousand.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1513416

I can see the point, and if riot posted on what they still wanted to do before they pushed 'the button' to turn on ranked, I'd be cool with it.

Every other mode just got super shiny ranked teams, I kind of feel like I'm playing the unloved one xP
This is my big issue as well, If there where more red posts addressing this topic, or even one, then I'd be happy. Right now these threads have been popping up for about a month or two and every one has been ignored with no red post or even a new topic saying what the plan is. I know that they asked for our input on the mode but we never got more than that.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

11-23-2011

The second post makes me wonder what ever happened to the concept of playing for fun, rather than bragging rights or striking your epeen.

WaterD103

11-23-2011

I dont care if the displayed or what, I care about knowing how my improvement as a player has progressed and what can I aim for.

For many as me, the fun comes for self-improvement in games, and its very hard to gauge that improvement without hard stats.

TouchinMyself

11-23-2011

SR is the main focus of this game as it should be. Its a competitive game built around summoners rift and they have put a lot of time and money into making it more competitive. Giving us dom ranked now would be probably the stupidest business decision they could ever make. Why on earth would they take the focus away from the main part of the game right as the competitive season got started?

I want ranked dominion as much as the next guy but i prefer not to live in a delusion and think they are going to shift the focus away from the launch of season 2 to do it.

12345612 ... 13