A thought for a new monster on summoners rift!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

texasone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiglhuf View Post
Guys this would be a more strategic monster. It could require more communication differentiating good teams from great teams. In order to get dragon or baron you would have to eliminate this monster and kill dragon or baron on the respawn timer.This would help prevent the level 4 solo junglers taking dragon giving an advantage to whoever can communicate better.

This monster could give buffs focused on a location and utility buff. Ideas that come to mind can be full vision of river for a set ammount of time, another idea that comes to mind is increased gold gain and experience gain, my final idea is a toxic water that damages enemy champions in the river dealing 0.5% damage per second.

I feel that this will be a monster that is sought out every time its up. especially early game where gold and expierience are hard to come by so as long as a team has good communication this monster should add teamwork to the game because right now people just ping a cave and say "dragon" or "baron", to desperate teams it may involve their amumu tank to tank baron and their warwick jungler to attack the river monster. This can reward well communicated teams with gold, expierience, half of the map dominance and likely a large sum of gold from dragon and maybe a baron buff.
Good idea on toxic waters or sight of the whole river and yes I feel it would be a communication enhancing monster making teams more like teams rather than you go here and I will go there! I originally thought of this when the Vlad skin came out saying that the river shall run red! So the toxic waters would kinda go with my original thoughts when I saw that message on my screen! But ultimately whether or not to implement such an idea would be RIOT's decision!

Tytrus

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMage212 View Post
Maybe make it akin to wraiths or wolves. A pack of smaller creatures that roam the waterways. That way you can deal with it at level 6 and it won't completely ass-**** the first team it comes across in the river if they're fighting there.

With the idea as it currently is I see it as "A teamfight has broken out, said monster comes up the ass of team A, team A then gets completely destroyed between the power of the monster and the enemy team, whereupon winning the enemy team kills the monster for gold and xp".
Best quote ever.

texasone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytrus View Post
Best quote ever.
How many team fights do you see that have people that don't go in and out of the action? UMMMM none so any argument that claims that this monster will give the enemy team an advantage if they get ganked by said monster during a team fight is totally invalid! Because this monster is not going to be in attacking mode unless you or your team mates are in the river for a certain amount of time! Plus leashing said monster is a complete possibility because of the fact that it will have a delay of so much of a second or a full second! Thus giving leasher to get the monster to chase then so on and so forth! If you know leashing much then you know what this means!

Shaidyn

02-15-2012

I love the idea, personally.

Tytrus

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasone1 View Post
How many team fights do you see that have people that don't go in and out of the action? UMMMM none so any argument that claims that this monster will give the enemy team an advantage if they get ganked by said monster during a team fight is totally invalid! Because this monster is not going to be in attacking mode unless you or your team mates are in the river for a certain amount of time! Plus leashing said monster is a complete possibility because of the fact that it will have a delay of so much of a second or a full second! Thus giving leasher to get the monster to chase then so on and so forth! If you know leashing much then you know what this means!
I know you seem to be raging over a silly idea. You might as well put your pants on your head, because your ass is in the clouds.

texasone1

02-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytrus View Post
I know you seem to be raging over a silly idea. You might as well put your pants on your head, because your ass is in the clouds.
Then maybe i'll be able to pull my pants down over my head to my legs! WOW thanks guys the thoughts just keep pouring in from ya'll!

Mortamor

02-17-2012

Y Riot no put this in TT?

SmudgePudge

03-04-2012

You aren't talking about adding a new monster, you are talking about changing the game completely. The 'monsters' in the game right now are simply control points. They are basically the same as dominion towers except they attack back. They exist as strategic points on the map that encourage confrontation. If they didn't exist the game would potentially be an extremely boring lane only game.

The monsters in the game don't move for a reason - a random, aggressive, moving strategic control point is no longer a strategic control point but a freaking monster that may or may not be in the game at any specific point.

Quit thinking of the monsters in the game right now as monsters and realize they are simply control points. You'll quickly see how your idea is not a simple 'add a new monster' to the game idea but really a 'change the game to add in monsters' idea.

Sam Is Whoa

03-31-2012

saw this post before idea is dumb flawed and unnecessary. Dont try to reinvent the wheel

Mr Johnny Chaos

03-31-2012

YO I GOT DISS IDER TWO1! U CUD TOETALLY MAKE A MAJIKAL TRIFORCE WHEN U HIT LVL 2 END STUF! DISS WHEY WEN I SUK I KAN STILL WINZOR LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Are you kidding me? How is this thread still continuing? You're are basically destroying the gank, an extremely important part of this game and all MOBA's.

How many thumbs down am I going to get? 20? 30?