New ranked systems is a pure gamble!

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NewYoker

02-02-2013

New ranked systems sucks. This game is absolutely horrible now.

Lose 25 points per game, win 10 points per game. If you keep losing you get demoted. If you want to be promoted you need a winning streak of maybe 12 games? Good luck getting that. So in the end you will go down the ladder much faster than going up. This game now involves no skills, but pure luck.

You will keep win games only if randomly you a get team where is has all the below factors:

1. Your team has no intentional feeders
2. Your team has no afks in game
3. Your team has no leavers during game
4. Your team has no trolls
5. Your team has no noobs who just doesnt deserve to play ranked games with their level of skills
6. Your team's jungle is better than the opposing team with ganks
7. Your team has no players who keeps farming instead of helping the team when out numbered
8. Your support actually buys wards instead of trolling and stealing cs
9. Your team has map awareness and team movement
10. Your team wins lanes and also wins early, mid and late game instead of wining early or mid and lose late.
11. Not playing against smurfs at higher Elo
12. Not playing against players that paid to boost ELO

To have all the above happening once of few times while playing ranked is definitely possible. But to have it happen all the time is almost impossible. It's so funny that the new ranked systems suppose to emphasis a player's skill instead of ELO etc. This is definitely not happening.

What defines a skilled player?

1. By keep winning ranked games? Yes apparently that's the only way. So why did you win? Did you do well in the game? Or did someone picked up your load and carried you? Doesn't really matter cause you won. The result is more important than the process.

Is skill really only defined by winning? What about things that won't be easily noticed?

1. Map awareness
2. Build order and item options base on situation
3. Skill cast location and timing
4. Character positioning and control
5. Team awareness where you be at, where does the team need you to be
6. Give and take: giving up defending or keep pushing
7. Team communication
8. Ability to feel and control the flow of the game and make adjustments

But in the end one good player can't carry the whole team when it comes to late game it's very team orientated. All the nerfs hit champs that can carry loads more than they deserve. Winning a 4v5 needs lot of luck. So if one player is bad and gets caught constantly or in the late game it's over.

So why ladder points?
1. Is it because blizzard dota said their game will make players play for ladder points? So in order to not lose player base riot wants to release this system before blizzard? So player won't quit for play blizzard dota for fun and real ladder points?

Anyway it's too sad to play league and ranked games right now!

If you are reading this. Avoid playing ranked games for now. It's more harmful than good.

Caosso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Dont play until they fix

NewYoker

02-02-2013

And hope that they reset everything again? lol

Teralisan

02-02-2013

lolzers
a streamer I watch played one game
got 71 LP
it has something to do with the hidden ELO

WilsonCheung21

02-02-2013

Really Broken system you win one and you lose one u end up lower than u started =.=

NewYoker

02-02-2013

They should really make the ranked system based kill and death ratio and based on the role you play. For example, you should be able to que for the role you want to play so it get rid of all the calling etc. To have some players not able to play other roles is a gamble too. And have some players calling other people's best role is stupid too. Why not que everyone and have them play who they want to play and have a system rating base on the role you play instead of all this elo. I know ranked is suppose to be competitive but considered all the factors that could affect the game and make is not so competitive. In the end, people will rage more and probably playing quit faster.

ModestBanana

02-02-2013

If your hidden elo is worse than your division you lose more win less
Vice versa

tl;dr you don't deserve to be where you are based on your hidden elo

Rak Wraithraisér

02-02-2013

Riot u must explain this to me! im in Silver Div 1(ALREADY 400 matches- not a placement anymore)(HIGHEST elo 1554 and CURRENT elo was 1430) placed in silver Div 1 fair enough, won 4 consecutive matches, get to 49 LP, then proceed to lost 1 matches and lost 22 LP,,,

so what im asking is DO YOU expect me to have a win ratio of 3-1 just to barely going up the ladder?? AND even worse my opponent was all gold while all my allies was in DIV 1, so BY RIOT's LOGIC i should lose LESS LP, not lose MORE LP because i versus higher division?????? dont give me all that hidden elo ****, they clearly have higher elo and all my teammates have lower elo, even before fighting a much higher elo opponent will only lose me 14 elos.

So yeah whats up Riot??! i need a red answer. Let me see how you will explain this one CLEARLY? if you cant give a satisfactory answer then i need my lp back thank you.

Bland

02-02-2013

What if none of your examples apply but the enemy team has five leavers?

Ok, I'll admit that's a slightly exaggerated scenario, but the point is: Why do you assume only YOUR team can get leavers/afks/bad players, and why do you assume that your teammates (e.g. jungler) have to be better than the enemy team to win? If that's the case, that means you're not good enough to tip the scales for your team... and if that's the case, you're already where you belong.

Quiick

02-02-2013

It really is broken and should at least be looked at. 9 wins 4 losses in new system. I have 19 points. One must be on a huge winning streak to get out of their current division. Losing 1 game sets you back 2 wins. I'm going to play and hope to get lucky but I'm wondering how / why this wasn't addressed by riot. They have to be able to see the big picture... After 1 game 5 players gain 10 points, 5 players lose 20. Net decrease of points. After many months of this, the result will be a majority of gamers upset and glued to the floor of bronze 5.

12345 ... 6