What happens next?

[NMR] Rally behind Morello. He will return to lead us against both the IsC and Zileas! 20 32.79%
[NMR] Morello is defeated. Join with Zileas and his new allies to destroy the Brotherhood! 5 8.20%
[IsC] Zileas must be destroyed! Attack the Black Keep! Morello can wait. 18 29.51%
[IsC] Morello is our first priority. We find him, then we decide how to deal with Zileas. 19 31.15%
[Brotherhood] Zileas is planning to destroy us. We must strike first! Leave the IsC behind! 4 6.56%
[Brotherhood] We must maintain our alliance with the IsC. We do whatever they ask of us. 20 32.79%
[The Knights Who Drink Tea] Drink Tea! (Tea! Tea! Tea!) 24 39.34%
[Xyphuminati] Remove regular sunglasses. Put on battle sunglasses. It's time for war! 19 31.15%
[Anti-Fun Agenda] This assault will not go unpunished... Rally the troops! We march at dawn! 100,000,012 100.00%
[Anti-Fun Agenda] We must gather together the combined forces of our alliances. We wait for now... 9 14.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

[Community Event] The Riot War - Chapter 6 - Turning the Tides

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eclipse Apostle

11-23-2011

((As per Valkyrie's permission, I will post Iron Stylus's capture from his point of view sometime in the near future.))

Anivia being gone was but a small annoyance in comparison to the greater good the IsC strike force had done for us. At first I had walked into the meeting of Zileas's gathered allies and declared quite clearly that any found in the wing that contained Leona's chambers would find their lives forfeit, then I gathered my chosen hundred minions, splitting them into two forces based on cloak color. The ones donned in silver I called my Lunar Knights, and set them to patrolling the woods in a tight rotation, groups of five that would always be within shouting distance of another group, who in turn would likewise maintain shouting distance, and so forth. With the elite forces the Parrot King had sent proving their effect, I opted to give them the orders to defensively retreat should a firefight occur.

The other fifty, my Solar Corps, were donned in gold robes, and were operating on the order of pseudo-standby whilst they would guard Leona until the Parrot King was sighted, at which point they would charge from the Keep and ensure a smooth capture. Both Solar and Lunar units had been equipped with serrated weaponry, all created in the blazing forge below the Keep. I had issued as much chain mail as could be created to the Lunar Knights, but not much time had passed, my only warning that the Parrot King would come being the return of a travel-worn but otherwise healthy minion, whom I had immediately inducted into my chosen units.

Myself, I was overseeing the different aspects of minion life while Zileas and his forces plotted. The antifun I had used in the assault was replenished easily during my shifts in the forge, though the amount I had used just blow away the bears seemed staggering. Zileas had mumbled something about a lack of training in offense, but himself being so busy, he couldn't afford to continue our training until further notice, so I had found even more time to act in my role as Commander, and truthfully, I needed every moment of it.

Minions are needy creatures. When two melees argue amongst themselves, it gets brought to a caster, whom makes a decision, and then a second caster is required to weigh in on the matter. Should those two disagree, it gets brought to a siege minion, who calls upon two other siege minions, who debate both sides until the first siege minion makes his choice. Normally, that's where the cycle ends, but should the siege minion not favor either side, or should the original melee and his supporting caster gain the support of another caster, it goes on to a super. Those rare, experienced minions have final word... unless a different super disagrees with the outcome. Then, it gets brought to a Commander. My first day as a recognized Commander, and having been the first in some time, I had at least fifty of these dated disputes on my desk. Most of it had been internally worked out, but some of the minions were still seething, and I had trudged through the massive encampment many times trying to find two certain minions out of so many identical ones.

Minions also needed permission for anything outside their designated jurisdiction. Zileas had gone ahead before and given them the okay for anything from idle volleyball sessions to studying and researching massive group effort spells that could potentially destroy the army should something go awry. I had ordered the minions to report to me for anything remotely dangerous, a huge mistake which saw hundreds coming in to ask if they could do mundane things like, say, run. I rescinded the order and issued a modified order that should their actions potentially result in three minions dying, they were to re-approach the situation in a safer manner. This cut down the flood of purple trying to get into my office to a few dozen, all with at least reasonable reasons for being there.

Then came the moments of sheer cute that I had to endure. Minions with complicated hand gestures that they tried to teach me, minions who sang some of the most adorable, bloodthirsty songs I had ever heard, and over-eager to help minions forming a pantheon before me to shove others out of the way, shouting "Make way for the Commander!" and "Step aside, citizen" to their fellows are but a few examples of what those little guys tried to keep my stress levels low, and it all worked wonderfully, even when, in an attempt to help me forge my armor, a brazen little fellow had brought a bloody hammer (taken from the 'broken body of a heathen blue-cloak', I was informed) down on my entire right hand. The pain had to take the back-burner when the other minions tried to rip him apart for 'daring to harm the Commander', and I interjected on his behalf. All in all, I'd enjoyed my role, for caring for them reminded me of my little sister.

I shook that thought off and made my way to see Leona, intending to mend the rift between us, but was intercepted by a Lunar Knight. "Commander," he greeted, and at my nod continued, "Urgent news! A single IsC transport ship has touched down outside the forest surrounding the Keep. According to Lunar-Brother Jupiter, it's a small ship in comparison to the ones he was brought aboard. Orders?"

A vicious grin found its way to my face, and I ordered the minion to gather the Solar Corps and head toward the touchdown point. As I rushed outside, the cool air tasted like tangy, delicious victory.

Wolfie Night

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersworth View Post
[[ I must have skipped over that... ;.; I wanted to be tortured though D: Oh well, I can just say that, after losing his comrades, he decided to go search for more power, going into dark magick places and being corrupted, with it eating away at his unconscious mind, trading his sanity for power. ]]
(talk to irongrinder if you want your character to be tortured...he's got that down)

Valkyrie Lead

11-23-2011

Valkyrie Lead, Grand Marshal of the Iron Solari

"Grand Marshall! There are a few things I need to talk to you about." The Grand Marshal turned to see the Ambearsador stepping back from the ledge, his face a mix of sadness and awe.

“Ambearsador.” The Grand Marshal bowed. “What news do you bear?”

MatersGonahMate

11-24-2011

[[assassin post coming today. Should be good. ]]

[edit: is it ok if I get info from a random spy to figure out where you guys are? Or is that too much info?]]

Wolfie Night

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatersGonahMate View Post
[[assassin post coming today. Should be good. ]]

[edit: is it ok if I get info from a random soy to figure out where you guys are? Or is that too much info?]]
(a random...what?)

MatersGonahMate

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie Night View Post
(a random...what?)
[[sorry was typing on my phone. Meant to say spy. I fixed it on the other post]]

Soupcup

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie Lead View Post
Valkyrie Lead, Grand Marshal of the Iron Solari

"Grand Marshall! There are a few things I need to talk to you about." The Grand Marshal turned to see the Ambearsador stepping back from the ledge, his face a mix of sadness and awe.

“Ambearsador.” The Grand Marshal bowed. “What news do you bear?”
[[Ok. First... +314294014091824 for the pun<33]]

Ambearsador Soupcup - Leader of the Brotherhood of the Armored Bear - Aboard the Albion - The Poopdeck!

Soon after Soupcup called out, the Grand Marshall seemed intrigued as he walked forward and bowed, saying,

“Ambearsador. What news do you bear?”

Soupcup stood tall as he answered,

"Well." Soupcup took a breath. "There's a few things you need to know. First..."

Soupcup explained how the mage had pleaded for his death, and how space seemed to bend around him. Something bad was about to happen, and he knew it.

"...One last thing, I'm curious. What was that man's name?"

"Marshallis, otherwise known as the Traveller." The Grand Marshall said in a saddened tone.

Continuing, Soupcup said,

"Also, your High Mage, another person who's name I don't know, along with a young woman, the one who shot light at the Soulreaver during the battle, seemed to be thrown into some... Portal." At this point the Grand Marshall looked a bit worried. "I caught an unfamiliar scent. One of an intruder, earlier. I went to go see what it was, and was led to the High Mage's room. I could hear rustling and felt a suppression magic of some kind. I barged in only to see what looked like some woman in armor with an intricate sword throwing them into some portal. I tried to get answers, but the woman just disappeared as if she were never there, into flames."

Soupcup

11-24-2011

Vincent.

Vincent took his time as he stared at the mansion. He observed every little intricate part of it. From the curtains on the inside of the windows to the large, silvery metal frame of the door. Every now and then, he would seem to see some parts burning, though that was just simply his imagination. It took some time before Vincent noticed that he was fiddling with his necklace. At least he was smiling at the now prosperous village.

After a short while, a man came up behind Vincent. Hearing the footsteps, he turned around. The man was thin, middle-aged. His clothes were dirty. They seemed more like rags. Despite his obvious poverty, the man was smiling as he put out his hand. Vincent wanted to be kind, so he smiled and sternly shook the man's hand. The man's grip was strong considering how fragile he looked. The man perked up as he said,

"Glad to have you back in your home town, Vincent!"

"How did you know it was me?" Vincent said, shocked.

"Most everyone recognizes you. You really haven't changed a bit! Plus, your white hair gives it away." The fragile man said with a grin.

"I see."

"In fact, the Elder has been waiting for you! He's wanted to talk to you for a long time now, so I think it's about time you paid him a visit."

It had been a long time since he spoke to the Elder. He was more a sage of the town. Someone who helped guide others. There's one thing to just go to speak to him, but if he
wishes to actually speak to someone, it's a special honor.

"I'll head over there now! But first, heh, where is his place?"

"It's just up a few streets," The man said pointing north. "You won't miss it, trust me."

Vincent nodded as he walked off. The breeze blew west, blowing the dirt that trailed along the street. Some leaves went by as well. He passed several smaller houses as he went along, eventually landing on a hut of some sort. It was small, and you could smell the candles' fragrance from afar. The hut, which was made of crimson cloth, stood up tall. Vincent walked up the stone path and lifted up the cloth doorway as he entered.

Inside, Vincent could see a lone man, in a highly cushioned chair. He was heavyset, seemed short as well. He was definately older, with grey hair lining around his blue eyes. His grin covered by a long beard that shrouded his face. He seemed happy to see Vincent as he then said,

"It's been quite some time."

"Yes it has, Elder."

The Elder's expression grew stern, questionable. He said,

"You can't reach your goal through anger, Vincent."

"What are you talking about?" Vincent said loudly, he was confused as to why the Elder even said such a thing.

"I can see it in your eyes. Ever since that dreadful day, your eyes show depression when you're in the village." The Elder coughed for a moment, took a breath and continued as Vincent grew more irritated, "You also visibly fiddle with your sister's neckla-"

"Don't talk about her..." Vincent said angrily.

"Vincent. This is what I was talking about. Thinking about that part of your life makes you angry. It drives you to defeat those in your way to the Republic. But it also hinders you."

At first, Vincent had clenched his fists. Soon, though, they loosened as he spoke,

"How so?"

"With anger, fighting out of vengeance, your judgement becomes clouded. You make rash decisions, and could just end up failing because of it."

"I don't see why that would be true. It enables me to do more."

"There's other methods. If you do this out of anger, you won't react properly. If you were to be more calm, you could think about your actions. 'Formulate a plan' as you used to say. I remember when you were younger. You used to be able to spar with your friends, and win due to how calm you were. Now, if you were to try, you'd just strike without thinking. Do you understand?"

Vincent looked down. A wild rush hit him hard as he realized what was happening. He stared at his open palms as he said,

"I do."

"Just ddo me a favor, Vincent."

"Yes?"

"When violence comes, think not about her passing, but the past memories that made you happy. The 'good times'. That way, you will prevail. Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding."

The Elder smiled, as did Vincent. It wasn't relief that he felt, however. It was strange trying to change his ways, since he had been like this for so long. Vincent took a bow, and turned to leave. He walked back out onto the street, as he looked up into the sky. The sky was still a bright blue, but something came by that was unusual. It was normal to see birds flying, but it wasn't normal to see such a shiny, almost metallic bird crashing towards the ground. Vincent stepped out of the way of its crash-course, as it landed on the ground with a loud thud.

Vincent bent down and pickedup the machine. It was fully made up metal, and was shape like a parrot. It had glowing eyes and on its side read in a perfect decal, "BIRD". Vincent hadn't seen these things around ever before. He turned it over and over and found the insignia of the Iron Solari upon it, along with small text that read, "Baron Lab-o-ra-tory-s."

"What is this thing?!" Vincent exclaimed.

lordvogalus

11-24-2011

((Sagarys, can you post what a good time to talk on the LoL client would be? This afternoon before 4:00 or anytime tomorrow would be good. I'll check back once every hour for a response.))

Sagarys

11-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvogalus View Post
((Sagarys, can you post what a good time to talk on the LoL client would be? This afternoon before 4:00 or anytime tomorrow would be good. I'll check back once every hour for a response.))
I can hop on now, but that's about it. I won't be available much this weekend.