What is Volibear's beef with Zilean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrCrashMD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

I just watched a video showing all of the new voice clips for Volibear, and two of them seem to point out a hatred of Zilean on the part of this new champ - why is that? It doesn't seem obvious from either of their lore.

Fffogolin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Indeed he does call Zilean out in his voice clips! How intriguing... His lore doesn't make it clear as to why he would hate Zilean... (Then again we don't have his Judgement yet.)

Sagarys

11-29-2011

Riot's Design Director, Zileas has been "opposed" to adding an armored bear to LoL for a very long time now. It's a forum-based storyline that has led to countless "confrontations" including my Riot War. So, it's basically a tribute to that.

Jaykoboy

11-29-2011

Yep. Armored Bears vs. Anti-fun Agenda. Guess which one Zileas runs?

DrCrashMD

11-30-2011

But even though their names are similar, he very clearly says "Zilean" not "Zileas", even stating "Chronokeeper" in one of his sound bytes.

Waniwa

11-30-2011

I was playing as Voli against Zil today, we both had somekinda 'anti-buff' that said 'Chrono Keeper Hater' and then 'Not even Zilean could keep the armored bears out of the League of Lefends'

(or something close those lines)

Also when i killed Zilean, i would say 'Your time is out, Chrono Keeper'.

Imo it's cool. There should be more 'nemesis' kind of champ set-ups.

Rigu

11-30-2011

Perhaps it has something to do with the vision that caused Volibear to join the league? Could also be something to do with where Zilean is from, I dunno. I figure if you live as long as Zilean has you are going to make enemies, in this case possibly a race of armored bears.

Maybe something in a clockwork/Golden Compass type reference? Eh, I'm just grasping straws at this point.

hello im yasuo

11-30-2011

Better yet, lets question why Graves has ingame script for Nocturne, but not Twisted Fate.

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Yep. Armored Bears vs. Anti-fun Agenda. Guess which one Zileas runs?
Given how overpowered Volibear is on release, he may have been right all along.

Larcent

11-30-2011

Also, time magic can wreak havoc on hibernation patterns. Just putting that out there too.