how to build Urgot in dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubsicle View Post
You DON'T build attack speed. If you can't hit your skill shots, go back to playing your right click champions and leave the remotely challenging ones for people who have decent hand-eye coordination.
That's so not even true. I've seen HORRIBLE HORRIBLE urgots pull off an aspd build because you can't run from it since E isn't really a skill shot so much as a "YOU have to **** up to miss it" shot and just mash Q + auto attack with shield up and they'll be dead before snare/autoseeker is gone every time then vs melee you just point blank his q. Almost every "skill" champ can be built scrub friendly, it's pretty funny. Urgot of course has his scrub friendliness built in with his E.

Our Hero Niko

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
He eventually becomes slightly tanky late game with max ult, but that's also when his damage falls off at the same time. He can't burst people down like other ranged carries like Vayne and Kog'maw.

Urgot is just not good for Dominion. Don't play him.
Ditch mana regen, it's dominion,
build cdr, max is needed, like on any map,
get as much armor pen as possible, and make sure you get an IE, you need it for the damage,
keep your distance and try to land E before engaging.
Only use your R if you can get a kill and no enemy will come clean you up, or if you're with an ally.

Urgot is an amazing dominion champ, you just don't know how to use him right.

Necks

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Hero Niko View Post

Urgot is an amazing dominion champ, you just don't know how to use him right.
lol k.

: )

frumper

11-23-2011

Have to disagree here, I like to play urgot every now and then and I've never had anyone that could take me 1 on 1 bot. Some champions you can bull rush and just kill, others you need to wittle down some. I think he's more of a skill pick, which is why so many people think he's terrible on dominion.

I actually pick him to counter yorick, so not sure why so many in this thread think equal skilled yorick's win. I land 90% of my e's on yorick, he's one of the easiest champs to hit. I play yorick often as well so I'm very aware of his spell ranges and know when/where to shoot to land it. If yorick want's to push the lane, he's going to eat my e for sure, and as someone else mentioned his shield basically negates any ghoul damage harrass. This makes a smart yorick who uses his snare out of range for harrass less effective.

No one can abuse bushes vs urgot, i throw some max range q's in to gauge where they normally like to hide in the bush, front/back/mid so that once I have some AD I know where to blind throw my e to either hit the front/mid or mid/back of the bush the next time they try and hide in it.

I build urgot as tanky dps, reaching 200+ AD and 100+ AR/MR mid game (I use armor pen, AR, MR runes). These stats plus his shield make him a 1v1 beast. Armor pen and cdr are the basis of my build. Boots/Tear to start. Finish Manamune, boots are dependant on team comp (if I'm certain the bot won't swap, I choose what ever defensive flavor helps me with them, if there's gank danger from cc I'll go merc treads). Next two items are emblem of valor and brutalizer, you will be able to tell if you need more sustain or more poking power/cdr first by this point.

I rarely finish my rageblade, focusing on either frozen heart or odyn's veil next to counter my opponent, these are chosen due to the mana synergy with manamune. With brutalizer and frozen heart you're looking at alot of CDR.

Agree with those that say to save the ulti for kills/tower defense from ganks. If my team is going to lose top, and I want to quickly go for a kill I'll use the ulti to ensure I get the mid health pack ensuring a 1v1 victory. This gives you time to get bottom and get back to your base if you're low on heatlh. Bad teams will send more than 1 bottom and your 4 have now respawned attacking windmill with superior numbers and health. I try and time my bull rushes like this after I see the enemy committing to top to lessen the liklihood of a gank.

I guess the key to winning with urgot is really understanding his range, not getting out position, and knowing when to go for the push/kill instead of forcing a stalemate bottom. His E is one of the more difficult skill shots due to its slow projectile speed, need to save it for when you know it will land and protect yourself by setting up clear los on someone if you miss so they cannot rush you with out your ability to dish out max dps with your q in return.

UglyPete

11-23-2011

I played with an urgot today that kept trying to defend windmill from the middle of the turret instead of from the top bush over the wall with me. It was driving me nuts watching him die to poke while doing 0 dmg. After explaining to him why as a champion with some of the longest ranged poke the top bush is a good thing he started waiting in the bush over the wall with me. Simple positioning can completely change the way a champion plays in dominion.