how to build Urgot in dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Urgot is just awful on Dominion. He belongs to Summoner's Rift. Don't play him.

Put him solo bottom? "Hi I'm Yorick. I push minions to your tower, take your HP down to a quarter, and heal myself to full, all in 1 button!"
Urgot rapes Yorick ( or I didn't know how to fight Urgot since no one hardly plays him )

Urgot outranges Yorick, outpokes Yorick, and pretty much can ignore ghouls with his shield.

The Urgot I fought went Manamune->Tanky ****. I could suicide kill him at the cost of my own life but that wasnt exactly useful

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2011

Brutalizer, Lucidity boots, Lastwhisper, trinity force, Atma's impaler

Osheroth

Recruiter

11-21-2011

Why are you building Trinity? Shen's\Trinity's proc affect doesn't work from my understanding of Urgot.

Scrubsicle

11-21-2011

My friends and I are laughing hysterically at the comments in this thread.

First, URGOT IS NOT AN AD CARRY. So quit comparing him to Vayne and Kog'maw. He is an AD Caster. While he does auto attack, it is not a major source of his damage.

Second, Urgot is a terror in Dominion. You want to send him bot against Heimerdinger? Cool, he'll just kill his turrets with his hyper-long range. Send him top? Ok, he now effectively reduces effectiveness of any enemy that wanders too close. His Q can hit the squishies a mile away, despite there being a row of bruisers in the way.

Third, why the hell are people building Ghostblade? Stick with Brutalizer until you have literally NOTHING else to build.

Must have items: Manamune, Lucidity Boots, Brutalizer

Other useful items: Frozen Mallet, Atma's Impaler, Hexdrinker

You DON'T build attack speed. If you can't hit your skill shots, go back to playing your right click champions and leave the remotely challenging ones for people who have decent hand-eye coordination.

Necks

11-21-2011

Here are Urgot's choices vs a Yorick.

1. Try to ignore minions and kill Yorick, even though it's near impossible to touch him since there is a wall of pets in front of him, and Yorick is standing a mile away.

2. Go OOM trying to keep up with clearing minion waves, then getting pressured at your own tower and eventually losing it due to Yorick's ranged harass and minion waves.

Scrubsicle

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Here are Urgot's choices vs a Yorick.

1. Try to ignore minions and kill Yorick, even though it's near impossible to touch him since there is a wall of pets in front of him, and Yorick is standing a mile away.

2. Go OOM trying to keep up with clearing minion waves, then getting pressured at your own tower and eventually losing it due to Yorick's ranged harass and minion waves.
It's simple.

You kill the Yorick.

You're being sent bot? Grab a tear and some boots. There, mana problem solved.
Now here comes the tricky part.
You attack Yorick. If your halfway decent, you should be hitting him with your E quite a few times. This will force him to either:
A) Keep pushing minions while you mercilessly attack him with your Q
B) Turn and run to avoid taking any more hits, allowing you to push back enemy minions.

Seņor Pancho

11-21-2011

Quote:
It's simple.

You kill the Yorick.

You're being sent bot? Grab a tear and some boots. There, mana problem solved.
Now here comes the tricky part.
You attack Yorick. If your halfway decent, you should be hitting him with your E quite a few times. This will force him to either:
A) Keep pushing minions while you mercilessly attack him with your Q
B) Turn and run to avoid taking any more hits, allowing you to push back enemy minions.

yorick vs urgot happened the other day. our yorick had promote and heal. by the time our team had won the windmill, yorick reached and neutralized the tower. there was nothing urgot could do.

he started with close to 100 armor and just outpushed him to his turret while abusing the brush to dodge the grenade. crazy pushing power and dodging the grenade is urgot's weakness.

Squidget

11-21-2011

Urgot is amazing top and he's a pretty good bot. He pretty much wins your team the first top fight for free, and he remains pretty strong throughout the game.

Yorick beats him bot if both play well, but Yorick wins every matchup bot if both play well, so it's more Yorick being OP than Urgot not being good. Urgot beats almost everyone else bot without really trying, so draw your own conclusions I guess.

Scrubsicle

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
yorick vs urgot happened the other day. our yorick had promote and heal. by the time our team had won the windmill, yorick reached and neutralized the tower. there was nothing urgot could do.

he started with close to 100 armor and just outpushed him to his turret while abusing the brush to dodge the grenade. crazy pushing power and dodging the grenade is urgot's weakness.
That is why Urgot gets Armor Pen. And makes sure to hit with his grenade. That is what separates a good Urgot from a bad one.

Elealar

11-21-2011

Manamune is the highest AD item in Dominion, in absence of the BT. As such, even though you don't need it for mana as bad, you prolly still want to build it as your Q doesn't benefit of any source of AD multiplier (ASpd or Crit or Crit Mult).

Manamune + Brutalizer into tanky is the build I like to run. Frozen Heart + Brut is all the CDR you need (that is, ~40% on upgrade to Youmuu's; 34% before) and then you can add Odyn's + Mercs. Then you still have room for Last Whisper or Gunblade (for Spellvamp to go with Qs). Total AD is in the neighborhood of 300 either way.

Especially on Dominion, Urgot is a prime candidate for building full AD and running him off percentile penetration (Youmuu is still awesome for raping early before inherent Armor values begin to scale but you could replace it with Entropy and run CDR Boots instead if desired) - you get 10% from Offensive Masteries, 12% from the map & 20% from E for a total of 1-(1-0.1)*(1-0.12)*(1-0.20) = 37% Penetration right of the bat, and Last Whisper raises that to 62%. Health/Level Yellows and MR/Level Blues round Urgot out nicely; 2.6k HP, ~170 Armor, 130 MR (or 2.9k HP, 105 MR with Entropy/CDR Boots).

With the new Masteries, you can run 19/0/11 to snab the 3% Spellvamp for Q+E, or 21/9/0-or-21/0/9 to kill low HPs a bit faster and be tankier. 21/9/0 is prolly just better tho. 3% Spellvamp is like +12 HP per Q on full build so eh... And Expanded Mind is like 4 AD in the lategame on him. The biggest gain is like Swiftness which is...ehh, not that big a deal.

Sanguine Blade I just find bad on him tho. It's an awful amount of AD for one item, unless you get the time to charge it off autoattacks to minions (and in midgame, your lane opponent is fully capable of engaging immediately when you come to lane which denies that chance, let alone when defending your point against multiple pushers or whatever). And even then, the Lifesteal doesn't work on Qs (need spellvamp for that).

Some builds you can play around with:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Urgot/?items=125,112,76,117,128,33&runes=38,38,38,38,38, 38,38,38,38,32,32,32,32,32,32,32,32,32,98,98,98,98 ,98,98,98,98,98,10,10,10&masteries=130044001030013 0103104001000000000000000000000000&level=18

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Urgot/?items=125,112,76,104,70,33&runes=38,38,38,38,38,3 8,38,38,38,32,32,32,32,32,32,32,32,32,98,98,98,98, 98,98,98,98,98,10,10,10&masteries=1300440010300130 103104001000000000000000000000000&level=18

Latter is better early (you get to start Brutalizer) but has lower midgame stats outside MR. The former is more of a midgame build. Obviously, you have to get Tear early to really cap it out but it's generally worth it; 90ish AD for 2210 gold.

Bot laner should mostly run tanky builds anyways. You'll have to hold points more than you have to output pure DPS and you gotta be able to survive assassins. Not to mention, Urgot scaling just isn't as high as an AD carry's anyways; his primary sources of damage don't scale with crit/ASpd and trying to AA on him is much like with TF; too short a range to do it safely without tanky build, no room to both, build tanky and get decent ASpd+crit+lifesteal. The AD champs that do function on the map either have long range (Cait, Kog, Ez) or are hard to catch and come with CC (Vayne).

EDIT: If you're a sucker for ****ed up Runepages, bad builds and lategame focus, try this:
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Urgot/?items=125,112,76,128,70,33&runes=81,81,81,81,81,8 1,81,81,81,32,32,32,32,32,32,32,32,32,98,98,98,98, 98,98,98,98,98,8,8,8&masteries=1300440010200000003 204021000030000000000000000000&level=18

Basically, it has MR/Lvl Reds (yeah, I didn't know those existed before I looked up either), HP/Lvl Yellows, MR/Lvl Blues, CDR/Level Quints & 15/15 Masteries to pick up CDR/Lvl masteries (loses Sunder and Executioner; not that big with as much percentile penetration as Urgot gets). Then it builds both Mercs and Entropy like a boss.

Net result: great lategame stats at 39.17% CDR, 315 AD, 177 Armor, 147 MR, 2976 HP, 62% ArPen (or 37% ArPen with 20% Spellvamp if Gunblade over LW). Of course, it also has 0 flat penetration, no offensive runes and everything is /Lvl so early game stats suck. In other words, it's terrible (please don't actually try this) but a hilarious thought exercise at least.