how to build Urgot in dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zzym

11-21-2011

any suggestions ?

items order and such ?

masteries ?

Stimuz

11-21-2011

Just stack AD and don't worry if you can't land skill shots, you still have your E.

Necks

11-21-2011

Urgot is just awful on Dominion. He belongs to Summoner's Rift. Don't play him.

Put him solo bottom? "Hi I'm Yorick. I push minions to your tower, take your HP down to a quarter, and heal myself to full, all in 1 button!"

Put him at top? His damage is so easily countered, and he naturally falls off late game because he does not scale well with items like real carries do. Urgot is fragile as heII, but without the added benefit of good scaling like real carries.

Stimuz

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Urgot is just awful on Dominion. He belongs to Summoner's Rift. Don't play him.

Put him solo bottom? "Hi I'm Yorick. I push minions to your tower, take your HP down to a quarter, and heal myself to full, all in 1 button!"

Put him at top? His damage is so easily countered, and he naturally falls off late game because he does not scale well with items like real carries do. Urgot is fragile as heII, but without the added benefit of good scaling like real carries.
What hes like the tankiest ranged AD especially with his ult. Nothing stopping you from going phantom dancer on him if you really can't aim, he has spammable snare with his E + Q.

Necks

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
What hes like the tankiest ranged AD especially with his ult. Nothing stopping you from going phantom dancer on him if you really can't aim, he has spammable snare with his E + Q.
He eventually becomes slightly tanky late game with max ult, but that's also when his damage falls off at the same time. He can't burst people down like other ranged carries like Vayne and Kog'maw.

Urgot is just not good for Dominion. Don't play him.

Stimuz

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
He eventually becomes slightly tanky late game with max ult, but that's also when his damage falls off at the same time. He can't burst people down like other ranged carries like Vayne and Kog'maw.

Urgot is just not good for Dominion. Don't play him.
Your problem is you're comparing any ranged AD to vayne or kogmaw, who along with urgot are the only 3 ranged ADs that ever get banned.

David12596

11-21-2011

Urgot is fine for Dominion. Any Urgot who knows what he is doing can beat a common Yorick/Heimer bot.

Necks

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Your problem is you're comparing any ranged AD to vayne or kogmaw, who along with urgot are the only 3 ranged ADs that ever get banned.
The difference is huge. If those 3 ranged AD were placed on a Dominion ladder, it goes like this:

- Kog'maw floating way up high, transcending the ladder itself.

- Vayne just slightly below Kog'maw, licking at his bawls.

- A huge empty space.

- The bottom of the ladder.

- 20 feet of shlt and mud.

- Urgot.

Nekrogen

11-21-2011

Urgot is a natural counter to a lot of different champions, especially if the player can land his grenades on a semi-regular basis. 1 grenade can mean 70% of some1's HP which is a big deal for a lot of champions, because they'll either have to back (allowing Urgot to push the lane) or risk going at Urgot (which isn't usually a good idea lol).

Necks we know you play Urgot; stop trying to veer people away from him because you don't want people taking your champ. He is a solid bottom laner who has his counters. Serioustyr0 is another insanely good Urgot player, but I haven't seen him in a while.

Osheroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-21-2011

I really like Urgot in Dom.

I start off with a Brutalizer and a few health pots. With Brutalizer if find the initial damage enough to win windmill or bottom lane early on.

I try to build Youmuu's Ghostblade next and boots. The Ghostblade is used in any 1 v 1 close range, This burns down most. You also Want to get a Zeal to a phantom dancer, and also get Some Life Steal. I'll pick up a Vampiric Scepter normally before starting zeal.

With the Sanguine Blade and Ghostblade you should be able to come out of most 1v1's on top if you use the Ghostblades Active clicky.. After that core, I try to build anything with HP for survivability.

Remember to use your Ult in close 1v1's because it increases your AC.