Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Shunpo + Rylais = wtfbroken?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sh1fty

Member

10-01-2009

Why does shunpo only slow for 15% now with rylais? Its a single target spell that should get the whole 35%.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redrach

Senior Member

10-01-2009

You've clearly never played against a competent Katarina. Trust me, 40% snare on Shunpo was broken.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Willisee

Recruiter

10-01-2009

As of this early, it seems like a good adjustment by Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gissmo

Junior Member

10-01-2009

Even though it might have been a little OP with the 40% slow (which btw is reduced to 35%) it's still a single target spell and should be treated like one me thinks.. Have not tested it though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coronach

Game Designer

10-01-2009

The intended interaction is that Shunpo should still apply the single target spell amount from Rylais, while Bouncing Blades and Death Lotus should be treated as AE abilities. I'm going to look into this now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shillen

Senior Member

10-01-2009

Quote:
Coronach:
The intended interaction is that Shunpo should still apply the single target spell amount from Rylais, while Bouncing Blades and Death Lotus should be treated as AE abilities. I'm going to look into this now.


Ah, thank you. It made no sense to give it a different rule than any other single-target spell. Rylai's is incredibly powerful on anyone with a spammable single-target spell like annie or kassadin or a number of others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
10-01-2009

Quote:
Redrach:
You've clearly never played against a competent Katarina. Trust me, 40% snare on Shunpo was broken.


Regardless of the balance of it all, having blatant exceptions to mechanics is just a bad idea altogether. Imaging a new player reading what that item does, seeing that shunpo is single-target, but finding that the interaction works differently. This is sloppy, choppy mechanics. It needs to be balanced so that it works with the mechanics in place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daikaze

Senior Member

10-01-2009

Quote:
Coronach:
The intended interaction is that Shunpo should still apply the single target spell amount from Rylais, while Bouncing Blades and Death Lotus should be treated as AE abilities. I'm going to look into this now.

Patch notes claim it (Rylai's effect with Shunpo) was set to 15%...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

10-01-2009

Quote:
Shillen:
Ah, thank you. It made no sense to give it a different rule than any other single-target spell. Rylai's is incredibly powerful on anyone with a spammable single-target spell like annie or kassadin or a number of others.

Clearly the solution is that Shunpo should be a targetted AOE-damage blink :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ivandir

Senior Member

10-01-2009

Straight from patch notes:

Shunpo

  • Now applies damage after the teleport
  • Can no longer Shunpo to yourself
  • Reduced Ability Power Ratio from 1 to .8
  • Fixed a bug that caused Katarina to have a mana bar
  • Now slows for 15% with Rylai's Scepter


123