Shunpo + Rylais = wtfbroken?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sh1fty

10-01-2009

Why does shunpo only slow for 15% now with rylais? Its a single target spell that should get the whole 35%.

Redrach

10-01-2009

You've clearly never played against a competent Katarina. Trust me, 40% snare on Shunpo was broken.

Willisee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2009

As of this early, it seems like a good adjustment by Riot.

Gissmo

10-01-2009

Even though it might have been a little OP with the 40% slow (which btw is reduced to 35%) it's still a single target spell and should be treated like one me thinks.. Have not tested it though

Coronach

Game Designer

10-01-2009
1 of 3 Riot Posts

The intended interaction is that Shunpo should still apply the single target spell amount from Rylais, while Bouncing Blades and Death Lotus should be treated as AE abilities. I'm going to look into this now.

Shillen

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
The intended interaction is that Shunpo should still apply the single target spell amount from Rylais, while Bouncing Blades and Death Lotus should be treated as AE abilities. I'm going to look into this now.
Ah, thank you. It made no sense to give it a different rule than any other single-target spell. Rylai's is incredibly powerful on anyone with a spammable single-target spell like annie or kassadin or a number of others.

Meta

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrach View Post
You've clearly never played against a competent Katarina. Trust me, 40% snare on Shunpo was broken.
Regardless of the balance of it all, having blatant exceptions to mechanics is just a bad idea altogether. Imaging a new player reading what that item does, seeing that shunpo is single-target, but finding that the interaction works differently. This is sloppy, choppy mechanics. It needs to be balanced so that it works with the mechanics in place.

Daikaze

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
Patch notes claim it (Rylai's effect with Shunpo) was set to 15%...

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
Ah, thank you. It made no sense to give it a different rule than any other single-target spell. Rylai's is incredibly powerful on anyone with a spammable single-target spell like annie or kassadin or a number of others.
Clearly the solution is that Shunpo should be a targetted AOE-damage blink :P

Ivandir

10-01-2009

Straight from patch notes:

Shunpo

• Now applies damage after the teleport
  • Can no longer Shunpo to yourself
  • Reduced Ability Power Ratio from 1 to .8
  • Fixed a bug that caused Katarina to have a mana bar
  • Now slows for 15% with Rylai's Scepter