GT 560, graphic issues with LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WongZ

11-20-2011

Hi guys,

i wanted to post something today about an issue i had for several months now.
First of all , please excuse my english, its not my main language but i'll do my best...

I baught a nvida GTX 560 a couple of months ago and all my games run perfectly fine, i play always in high or ultra high resolution with minimal bug or crash....basically i have no problem with any of my games, exept League of Legends.....

Every time a new patch comes out, i start seeing strage stuff on my screen when i play.. It sad i cant take any screen shot because when i do, i get a black screen.
Here is a few examples of what i experience, ill do my best to describe :

1) There is random LINES that appears on the screen, These lines are sometimes huge, sometime very little, and they have a Color that depends from the type of terrain, sometimes its a huge GREY LINE that appear in the middle of the Fountain, i cant see my champ, the shop unless i move the camera to another direction and as soon as i swap it back to the same spot, the line appear again.

2) the same type of line draws from a champion and extends to the border of the screen...It really odd, it looks like you know when the Lizards in the Jungle attack a champ from across map? you can see their flames chasin the champ all across the screen... i dunno if you see what im talking about but it looks exactly the same exept that its Random colored-sized lines.

3) Sometimes, a team fight will pop with a lots of AoE and then the screen goes completely Black, for a few seconds, i can see lots of colors and particles then it comes back, usually im dead after this scenario (rare scenario)

4) the Bushes lose its texture and becomes multi colored when i walk into it....very convenient for fighting..(sarcasm here).

I wanna remind that those issues happen on a regular basis as soon as riot releases a new patch. It stays like that for a couple of days, and then it comes back to normal and i can play again without bugs, just FPS drops as usual, but thats a KNown issue im not debating here (yes i have it too).

I am just wondering if anyone is having simmilar issues, with the same hardware or different.

I run Nividia GTX 560 ( not the Ti), on a AMD dual Core 3.2 ....

Please help riot....

PhantomArcanus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2011

those are artifacts, try reinstallng the game and your video drivers. Also check your gpu's temperature while playing. It may also be an overheating issue or faulty video memory about to die.

WongZ

11-20-2011

Hi phantom, thanks for replying,
i also read somewhere that this may caused by problem with hardware (videocard mostlikely) but strange thing is that its only happening in league of legends. Anyway my card is under warranty still so i might just go change it to another one and try again...is there any Video card that is highly recommended nowadays?

TheTechmaturgist

01-15-2012

Hi WongZ, I have the same video card and have run into this issue twice now. After an hour of trying to fix this problem I found a solution under a different category of video issue. Trying going to your NVIDIA control panel. Then under the 3D Settings category at the top, select the "Manage 3D settings" link. It should default to the global Settings tab, if not then select the Global Settings tab. Check the Anti-aliasing - Mode and ensure that it is set to "Off". If you have to switch it to "Off" then make sure you close out LoL and hit Apply at the bottom right of the control panel. Close the control panel and restart LoL and see if that fixes the problem. Hopefully this fixes the problem for you or at least helps in some way.