Crit Damage Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

warmonkey

07-01-2010

Nerf armor pen runes -- they're over the top. It's not that crit damage runes are too weak. It's just that armor pen is redonulous. 29 armor pen just from marks + quints? O_o

dyla

07-01-2010

So should we even use crit damage runes?
I currently have almost 10% in crit damage (level 13)
Should i remove them and save up for armor pen?

VMan7

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyla View Post
So should we even use crit damage runes?
I currently have almost 10% in crit damage (level 13)
Should i remove them and save up for armor pen?
Currently, yes.

dyla

07-01-2010

ahk thanks.
Wish i could get money for selling runes

CnB84

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan7 View Post
Except that you have to back it up with Crit Chance as well, and armor penetration effects ALL your hits, not only your crits.
Critical strike is the best damage modifier in the game, so why wouldn't you build it up? Though, you are correct. I've switched back over to using armor pen. It's good for taking down towers, it's good early game, and it's alot better against champions and Nashor. Until they make crit damage better in a significant way and not just being somewhat better against tanks, I won't be using my runes anymore.

That is unless I can get some teammates that will stack armor debuffs during a game. Then I'll use crit damage.

Quote:
That's a terrible idea.
No, it's a good idea. I think Infinity Edge is too good an item. It's attractive for champions and builds that don't even specialize in critical strikes.

VMan7

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB84 View Post
Critical strike is the best damage modifier in the game, so why wouldn't you build it up? Though, you are correct. I've switched back over to using armor pen. It's good for taking down towers, it's good early game, and it's alot better against champions and Nashor. Until they make crit damage better in a significant way and not just being somewhat better against tanks, I won't be using my runes anymore.

That is unless I can get some teammates that will stack armor debuffs during a game. Then I'll use crit damage.
You spend the entire thread arguing against armor pen, yet here you go countering your own argument.

Nice one.

CnB84

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan7 View Post
You spend the entire thread arguing against armor pen, yet here you go countering your own argument.

Nice one.
I conceeded. No need to be snippy. Though I was right about driving armor into the negative and critical strikes against heavily armored targets. I'll use crit damage runes again when they buff them and nerf Infinity Edge.

Shineinei

07-01-2010

Eh i never really bought crit damage but i did buy crit chance and those are freaking expensive now they are just sitting there while i just finished armor pen runes

VMan7

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB84 View Post
I'll use crit damage runes again when they buff them and nerf Infinity Edge.
They won't do that. Even if they do, it wouldn't even be a big nerf at that.