Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Crit Damage Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VMan7

Recruiter

06-29-2010

Any chance that these will be buffed?

I bought the full page of them back when they were more expensive, specifically to play Gangplank on them, which cost a metric ****ton of IP. They were nerfed, and Gangplank's Parrrley then became Physical instead of Magic damage. This made Armor Pen the better stat in almost all situations, with the yellow/blue slots being only semi-useful for crit damage (Personally, I usually use scaling mp/5 now so I don't have to grab Chalice).

Shaco's Deceive as well as Red Pot early was nerfed, which makes Crit Damage equally useless for him (another case were Armor Pen is actually better damage overall, even before the nerf to Crit Damage runes).

I'm just wondering if this could be looked into, because there are currently no reason to use Crit Damage over Armor Pen. Even when Crit Damage runes were at a total of 55% for all slots (they're currently at 46% after the nerf), they were still questionable to use except for on a couple heroes. Plus, I spent way more IP than people who currently buy them are at.

I'm not asking for a refund for my purchase of Quint/Mark/Seal/Glyphs that I've done, I'd just like to see them actually used again.

VMan7

Recruiter

06-29-2010

Bump.

CnB84

06-29-2010

Crit Damage is superior if your team is built around armor reduction and critical strikes.

CptnSaveAHo

Recruiter

06-29-2010

+1 and bump

VMan7

Recruiter

06-29-2010

Quote:
CnB84:
Crit Damage is superior if your team is built around armor reduction and critical strikes.

Yet to make it effective you have to play for 50 minutes.

Armor pen is superior for that first 50, in which most games are won.

cwatz

Adjudicator

06-29-2010

I know there has been mention of balancing around the runes a bit, but im not entirely sure if its actually in motion or just being discussed.

I think its pretty obvious that a few of them need to be buffed up a bit though (or others nerfed).

Genose

06-29-2010

They do need a buff for their cost for sure. They should also look into buffing HP regen items as well. They were great in the beta, but are now terrible to even consider.

VMan7

Recruiter

06-30-2010

Bamp.

VMan7

Recruiter

06-30-2010

Morning crowd.

CnB84

06-30-2010

Quote:
VMan7:
Yet to make it effective you have to play for 50 minutes.

Armor pen is superior for that first 50, in which most games are won.

Like I said, team work. Corki and Taric working together can reduce armor by around 60 with their abilities. If they have black cleaver and stark's, they can drop it even further.

Of course, you can't debuff a turret's or Nashor's armor or perform critical strikes on the former, so there is that advantage.