Remove "Score" From Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2011

If I might make a humble suggestion...

Make points matter by creating a second item shop with items for sale that can only be bought with points. This would provide incentive for players to do things to get points rather than just run around aimlessly in Dominion.

Quren

11-20-2011

I think you should get a small amount of score for the amount of time you can delay an enemy under your tower. Defending is a huge part of dominion that I feel is barely rewarded...still.

jovibotrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2011

make the score appers just in the end

Elenia Andras

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i could say the same thing about kdr...
/devilsadvocate

more to the point, score is supposed to be roughly related to your performance in a game, and it is an evolving system.
That's exactly it though. KDR means nothing, but it doesn't pretend to be the representation of your performance in a game. On the other hand, score also means nothing, but it somewhat pretends to be the representation of your performance in a game by putting "fake value" of the player's action.

In a game like LOL, two same actions doesn't necessarily have the same value. For example, in Summoner's Rift, Caitlyn getting the blue buff doesn't have the same value as Anivia getting the blue buff. But if we put score in Summoner's Rift, we'd be getting the same +50 or whatever points for getting the blue buff.

That's why the scoring system is mostly pointless, and at times can even be misleading for Dominion too. Players shouldn't need score to portray their performance, they should be encouraged to actually analyze beyond the score. Without a universal score in Summoner's Rift, players are forced to analyze their performance deeper than just the KDR.

Dreggon

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunderstorm View Post
+Two People capture a point, another of their points is threatened. The good play is for one to cap while the other runs and defends. But "Score" encourages both players to stay and cap.
This is basically what I do. I want to go somewhere else and let my teammate cap the point, but if I do, I won't get the points for it.

Toysoldier

11-20-2011

Dominion encourages bad play.

nyrest

11-20-2011

Quote:
/devilsadvocate

more to the point, score is supposed to be roughly related to your performance in a game, and it is an evolving system. there were some number tweaks recently, but that doesn't mean that they're perfect quite yet. feedback is always helpful, especially for a game mode that's so new!

i think the scoring system does a better job now, but i think there are probably some actions that are "undervalued" to some degree. like, maybe there should be a non-zero value associated with interrupting a capture channel. perhaps killing creeps that are capturing should be worth something extra. maybe the total channel time needed to convert a point should be taken into consideration. perhaps a person that goes bot and engages in a push war isn't being rewarded enough when they successfully force the enemy team to send extra champions bot to defend. those are just a few things i think about when i think about the dominion scoring system.

what about everyone else? which actions do you feel are not being rewarded enough? which actions do you feel are being rewarded too much? what factors aren't being taken into consideration when awarding score that you feel should make an impact?

i'm quite curious to know...
excuse me but do you already saw the score of the player who stay bot the entire game defending and end the game with less then 600

RalphWaldo

11-20-2011

Quote:
/devilsadvocate

more to the point, score is supposed to be roughly related to your performance in a game, and it is an evolving system. there were some number tweaks recently, but that doesn't mean that they're perfect quite yet. feedback is always helpful, especially for a game mode that's so new!

i think the scoring system does a better job now, but i think there are probably some actions that are "undervalued" to some degree. like, maybe there should be a non-zero value associated with interrupting a capture channel. perhaps killing creeps that are capturing should be worth something extra. maybe the total channel time needed to convert a point should be taken into consideration. perhaps a person that goes bot and engages in a push war isn't being rewarded enough when they successfully force the enemy team to send extra champions bot to defend. those are just a few things i think about when i think about the dominion scoring system.

what about everyone else? which actions do you feel are not being rewarded enough? which actions do you feel are being rewarded too much? what factors aren't being taken into consideration when awarding score that you feel should make an impact?

i'm quite curious to know...
I think fighting outnumbered should give you something. I had it happen multiple times as Warwick where I'm standing on a point 1v2 and hold them off for like 20 seconds or something before dying. But that gave us the advantage somewhere else, or allowed people to respawn and make it back to save the point in time.

godmode rum

11-20-2011

Quote:
/devilsadvocate

then get rid of it. seriously. if the focus is about score and not about winning the game then wtf is the point of winning if it's all self centered.

Kolos1001

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig zags View Post
then get rid of it. seriously. if the focus is about score and not about winning the game then wtf is the point of winning if it's all self centered.
What all PvP games are about. Who has the bigger E-peen.