Remove "Score" From Dominion

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AriisCrystalbane

11-20-2011

How about points for stopping a cap if someone on your team is also capping that and one of your points is in danger?

SynergyDreamer

11-20-2011

Idk, I can't really aim at anything specific but generally the person at bot tends to have an undervalued score. Even if that person is doing the best out of the rest of the team... .-.

NaT3z

11-20-2011

I don't think it means nothing, I think it needs to be revamped. KDR means as much as score. A Skarner who ends 4-7 but initiates every teamfight and plays a support tank role could be the best player in the game in comparison to a Tryn who goes 22-1. Both are flawed but an objective based games needs some sort of counter other than just kills and deaths. They could probably do something where you get points based upon how long you are capturing, and extra points for when you neutralize and secure (like 1 point per 1/2 secs and 5 points for each neutralizing and securing).

Antianti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2011

Interrupting caps feels like a big one. So do assists - for a map that revolves heavily around getting stuck in and trying to dominate your opposition, only rewarding the person that gets the killing blow seems short-sighted (no i in team and all that).

Stez007

11-20-2011

Leaving a capture because your teammate is capping is not rewarded.

Disrupting the enemy by leading the maround the map is not rewarded.

Pushing (with or without Promote) against a tower is not rewarded. Especially if you're not capping it yourself.

Basically, playing to win is not rewarded.

Get rid of the points system, and any indication of other teammates' stats. Show only the overall team stats, team item builds/summoners and your own stats.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i could say the same thing about kdr...
/devilsadvocate

more to the point, score is supposed to be roughly related to your performance in a game, and it is an evolving system. there were some number tweaks recently, but that doesn't mean that they're perfect quite yet. feedback is always helpful, especially for a game mode that's so new!

i think the scoring system does a better job now, but i think there are probably some actions that are "undervalued" to some degree. like, maybe there should be a non-zero value associated with interrupting a capture channel. perhaps killing creeps that are capturing should be worth something extra. maybe the total channel time needed to convert a point should be taken into consideration. perhaps a person that goes bot and engages in a push war isn't being rewarded enough when they successfully force the enemy team to send extra champions bot to defend. those are just a few things i think about when i think about the dominion scoring system.

what about everyone else? which actions do you feel are not being rewarded enough? which actions do you feel are being rewarded too much? what factors aren't being taken into consideration when awarding score that you feel should make an impact?

i'm quite curious to know...
Maybe it's not a one-dimensional system. Do you think scissors beats paper because it has a higher "KDA?"

If you want to track statistics, track overall damage received by enemy champions. Track overall damage dealt to enemy champions. Not damage dealt to minions. Track time spent capturing points. Not the number of health packs you grabbed while at full HP. Take non-gradient point systems, and turn them into gradient point systems. Otherwise you're just promoting last hits.

Can you imagine if WoW guilds used killing blows to determine who their top DPS players were?

thunion

11-20-2011

I dont know,i like score sistem alot,i always want to be first,so when i see someone is ahead of me i am trying to get as much score as i can,and luckily right now it geting alots of score means helping your team to win most of the time

IS1279fbc201d65a

11-20-2011

Quote:
/devilsadvocate

more to the point, score is supposed to be roughly related to your performance in a game, and it is an evolving system. there were some number tweaks recently, but that doesn't mean that they're perfect quite yet. feedback is always helpful, especially for a game mode that's so new!

i think the scoring system does a better job now, but i think there are probably some actions that are "undervalued" to some degree. like, maybe there should be a non-zero value associated with interrupting a capture channel. perhaps killing creeps that are capturing should be worth something extra. maybe the total channel time needed to convert a point should be taken into consideration. perhaps a person that goes bot and engages in a push war isn't being rewarded enough when they successfully force the enemy team to send extra champions bot to defend. those are just a few things i think about when i think about the dominion scoring system.

what about everyone else? which actions do you feel are not being rewarded enough? which actions do you feel are being rewarded too much? what factors aren't being taken into consideration when awarding score that you feel should make an impact?

How does it do a "better job"? It doesnt have a single posotiv effect to the game, no matter how much you improve. And its NOT the same as KDR. KDR is ALWAYS there, kills are happening, deaths are happening, its nothing that you add to the game. But you add score the game. And score hast just negative effectss... actually score has nothing to do with your skill/impact to the game. And now tell me, what SHOULD Score do...

PS: Sorry for bad english :/

Voltusfive

11-20-2011

Creep Kills should give points also. not many but some.. for bot lane and ppl who understand the finer strategies of taking a defended point.

Turtlerocket

11-20-2011

Quote:
/devilsadvocate

who needs a caps lock key?
lowercase logic 2 stronk

12345612 ... 14